Don't find the sims 4 folder?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't find the sims 4 folder?

Post by gabriellajane on Tue 20 Dec 2016, 20:08

So I have just followed the instructions about "how to install Sims 4" and now I'm stuck at step 7. I can't find the sims 4 folder? I don't know if I'm stupid or something because it's nowhere. Can the sims folder be in someother place than the electronic arts folder? Because that folder doesn't exist either.

//EDIT

I might add that i don't know if i did the steps before right. What does it exactly mean to download and install? Because i downloaded everything on utorrent and i guess i haven't installed anything. Or?

Last edited by gabriellajane on Tue 20 Dec 2016, 20:25; edited 1 time in total

gabriellajane
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't find the sims 4 folder?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 02:15

@gabriellajane wrote:So I have just followed the instructions about "how to install Sims 4" and now I'm stuck at step 7. I can't find the sims 4 folder? I don't know if I'm stupid or something because it's nowhere. Can the sims folder be in someother place than the electronic arts folder? Because that folder doesn't exist either.

//EDIT

I might add that i don't know if i did the steps before right. What does it exactly mean to download and install? Because i downloaded everything on utorrent and i guess i haven't installed anything. Or?

Hello and welcome to the Forum @gabriellajane,

First of all: 

Arrow  "Downloading" means the process from transferring something from the internet (or even from a connected computer network, if you wish), onto your own computer. This is really just about the actual file(s) transfer.

Arrow  "Installing" means, manipulating - for a lack of a better word - the transferred/downloaded item(s) in such a way that they become functional or usable by your computer. This process normally happens AFTER you download the file(s). Sometimes, especially with newer PC games, you can run them almost immediately after downloading, as there is no formal installation necessary, but I won't go into that now.

Now if you get the Games4theworld items, you have to create new folders at first. Download and install the program WinRAR (also available from Games4theworld), and once it is installed double-click on the download. Start with the base game. The downloaded file should open in WinRAR and all you need to do is to extract all contents of the .RAR into the folder you created. When the extraction process is done, go to the folder. You'll see a bunch of items there. Double-click on the setup.exe to run the installation...

Let me know if you're finished with that, and if you need more support. Smile  Also refer to the included guides in the Get to Work, Get together and Ultimate fix releases.

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum