Is it possible to only get the Ultimate fix from City Living?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it possible to only get the Ultimate fix from City Living?

Post by rareangel9 on Tue 27 Dec 2016, 20:36

I don't want to have to download The get to work expansion pack and The Get together expansion pack to get City living, so is there anyway I could JUST get the ultimate fix stuff from the city living torrent?
Or even just the updates from ultimate fix? And if I can how can I do this, and can I do it without the get together and get to work eps?? thanks in advance(:

rareangel9
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 156
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2016-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possible to only get the Ultimate fix from City Living?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 03:48

@rareangel9 wrote:I don't want to have to download The get to work expansion pack and The Get together expansion pack to get City living, so is there anyway I could JUST get the ultimate fix stuff from the city living torrent?
Or even just the updates from ultimate fix? And if I can how can I do this, and can I do it without the get together and get to work eps?? thanks in advance(:

//MOVED


Hello @rareangel9,

I moved your post to the TS4 Downloads Support-section. Smile  Sorry to hear about these difficulties (?), but you due to the way in which the crack works, you have to install Get to Work + Get together prior to installing City Living.

The thing is, you have to modify the crack in order to just enable "certain" DLC in the game. If you don't do that, it will lead to game crashes/freezings and a host of other problems. At some point I may again work on an update-only-fix for the current 1.25 version. Which gives you only the base game updates for 1.25 without adding DLC. 

To do "more" about this, I would have to have deeper knowledge about how exactly the crack works, and compiling the update-only-fix is already difficult enough, since that requires a modified crack as well. Beyond that, since most users want the entire TS4 pack anyway, I don't see too much point in working on something that is not needed for the most part.

So no, there most likely won't be "individual DLC" from us. We haven't done this in the past, and won't be starting with this now. Another issue is, different sets of instructions would be needed which will confuse people even more.

What is the reason you don't want to download the Get to Work + Get together torrents, if I may ask? Data limits on your internet plan, ISP-restrictions...? Or is it a matter of not having enough filespace on the computer? Or something else?
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689
Points : 18101
Reputation : 1906
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possible to only get the Ultimate fix from City Living?

Post by rareangel9 on Wed 28 Dec 2016, 10:44

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@rareangel9 wrote:I don't want to have to download The get to work expansion pack and The Get together expansion pack to get City living, so is there anyway I could JUST get the ultimate fix stuff from the city living torrent?
Or even just the updates from ultimate fix? And if I can how can I do this, and can I do it without the get together and get to work eps?? thanks in advance(:

//MOVED


Hello @rareangel9,

I moved your post to the TS4 Downloads Support-section. Smile  Sorry to hear about these difficulties (?), but you due to the way in which the crack works, you have to install Get to Work + Get together prior to installing City Living.

The thing is, you have to modify the crack in order to just enable "certain" DLC in the game. If you don't do that, it will lead to game crashes/freezings and a host of other problems. At some point I may again work on an update-only-fix for the current 1.25 version. Which gives you only the base game updates for 1.25 without adding DLC. 

To do "more" about this, I would have to have deeper knowledge about how exactly the crack works, and compiling the update-only-fix is already difficult enough, since that requires a modified crack as well. Beyond that, since most users want the entire TS4 pack anyway, I don't see too much point in working on something that is not needed for the most part.

So no, there most likely won't be "individual DLC" from us. We haven't done this in the past, and won't be starting with this now. Another issue is, different sets of instructions would be needed which will confuse people even more.

What is the reason you don't want to download the Get to Work + Get together torrents, if I may ask? Data limits on your internet plan, ISP-restrictions...? Or is it a matter of not having enough filespace on the computer? Or something else?
Ooh okay, thank you! And the only reason I dont want to download get to work and get together is because when I'm downloading it it slows down my families internet for a while, and I'd mostly just like to be able to just get the updates from ultimate fix so I can get CAS CC, since I spend most of my time in CAS. Regardless thank so you much, I'll download Get together and Get to work soon! Smile

rareangel9
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 156
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2016-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possible to only get the Ultimate fix from City Living?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 05:14

@rareangel9 wrote:Ooh okay, thank you! And the only reason I dont want to download get to work and get together is because when I'm downloading it it slows down my families internet for a while, and I'd mostly just like to be able to just get the updates from ultimate fix so I can get CAS CC, since I spend most of my time in CAS. Regardless thank so you much, I'll download Get together and Get to work soon! Smile


Sure thing, keep us posted if you like. I'll leave the thread open. Wink
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689
Points : 18101
Reputation : 1906
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possible to only get the Ultimate fix from City Living?

Post by candesco on Fri 30 Dec 2016, 11:09

Isn't it an idea to just download then when everybody is sleeping? Before you go to sleep, start the download and just let it download then. Now i don't know what the rules are regarding the use of internet at your household. But if you are allowed to download big files and if that is an issue regarding the speed, then a midnight download would be the solution.

candesco
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Age of Empires II, Divinity II, Divinity Original Sin, The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights 2, Sacred 2, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Saints Row 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Black Desert Online
Male Posts : 49
Points : 267
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-10-29
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possible to only get the Ultimate fix from City Living?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 30 Dec 2016, 14:05

@rareangel9, also keep in mind that an Ultimate fix for just City Living would still have approximately 5GB in filesize (compressed), because it seems the newer DLC cannot be easily 'separated' from the older DLC. Just because the previous Ultimate fix had 3GB, and this new torrent has 6GB, you cannot automatically conclude that a new Ultimate fix also "must" be 3GB. The file analysis showed a different result; an Ultimate fix for just City Living + 1.25 patch + Backyard Stuff + Vintage Glamour Stuff would still have 5GB.

Which was the main reason we did not release an "Ultimate fix" this time around: in terms of filesize it just doesn't make much of a difference.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689
Points : 18101
Reputation : 1906
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum