*MUST READ* Overview-topic for The Sims 2.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*MUST READ* Overview-topic for The Sims 2.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:57 pm

Dear users,

This topic will attempt to give you an overview on how to use Games4theworld's "Complete Collection" of The Sims 2, in addition to what is already mentioned in the included installation guide. We suggest you take your time for reading through the information.

Guide last updated on: 28-12-2016.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

I) Installation guide for Games4theworld's "The Sims 2: The Complete Collection".

The .rar file/download already includes a detailed installation guide, but should you want to preview the install guide, you can download it from this link here.

II) "Please insert disk 1" during installation of an expansion pack.

This is an error that was not apparent at the time we released the torrent intially (if it had been apparent, we would have included a notice in the install guide about it). However, you can find a solution on how to deal with the problem in this topic here.

III) Separate NoCD-files/what to do when you don't want to install all the DLC.

In general, we recommend you install ALL the expansions and stuffpacks, according to the included installation guide. However, should you really want to install only certain DLC, then this post here should give you an outline about what needs to be done.

IV) Additional patches.

You can find a patch for Family Fun Stuff as well as for University Life, as those are not included in the actual Complete Collection-download.

V) A brief note about graphics issues/settings.

Check user @Jadeskyee's post here to get the most out of your game by configuring the graphics settings properly.

VI) Custom content & store items.

A guide (in 3 separate parts) about custom content basics can be found here as well: Part IPart IIPart III. The store items & pre-order bonus content can be found here.

This should do for now! If you have further questions beyond that, feel free to open a new topic under our dedicated Forum Support-section!

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC HERE. INSTEAD, OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN OUR TS1/TS2/TS Medieval - SECTION ! ALL COMMENTS ABOUT QUESTIONS/PROBLEMS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DELETED WITHOUT ANY ADVANCE WARNING ! YOU CAN STILL POST 'THANK YOU-NOTES' UNDER THIS THREAD, HOWEVER.

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13459

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *MUST READ* Overview-topic for The Sims 2.

Post by xGoldi on Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:57 pm

I'm still waiting for my initial download to complete, but just want to say THANK YOU for being the only people who have all expansions of The Sims 2! My disks on some expansions no longer work because they are old.. and I believe the sims 2 is one of the best generations to have come out.
So thank you for all you do. <3

xGoldi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *MUST READ* Overview-topic for The Sims 2.

Post by Ɛɗιη on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:38 am

@xGoldi wrote:I'm still waiting for my initial download to complete, but just want to say THANK YOU for being the only people who have all expansions of The Sims 2! My disks on some expansions no longer work because they are old.. and I believe the sims 2 is one of the best generations to have come out.
So thank you for all you do. <3

Welcome to the forum!
And you're welcome Smile we appreciate your kind words.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)