Infinite loading after city living expansion installed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinite loading after city living expansion installed

Post by mayedlmalik on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 03:01

Talk to my left hand hello to all you simmers out there, from the title its pretty much self-explanatory but i'll explain i have done all instructions the forum have and have get to work & get together plus all add-on packs and latest fix but ever since i installed city living with its latest game update when i click play on any house or lot it keeps loading forever((i even left the game open for a whole day but still kept loading-theThe Sims 3 plumbobplumbob The Sims 3 plumbob just keep spinning)) and by the way i have custom contents and few mods in my game but they worked before i added city living, Help so anyone know some help Help , thanks to anyone for taking a minute to read this.
BYE Talk to my rite hand, i'll always be checking and waiting. Wat. Oh my...
thanks again Yess, aye lieeke! Very Happy

mayedlmalik
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 649
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite loading after city living expansion installed

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 29 Dec 2016, 05:20

@mayedlmalik wrote: Talk to my left hand hello to all you simmers out there, from the title its pretty much self-explanatory but i'll explain i have done all instructions the forum have and have get to work & get together plus all add-on packs and latest fix but ever since i installed city living with its latest game update when i click play on any house or lot it keeps loading forever((i even left the game open for a whole day but still kept loading-theThe Sims 3 plumbobplumbob The Sims 3 plumbob  just keep spinning)) and by the way i have custom contents and few mods in my game but they worked before i added city living, Help so anyone know some help Help , thanks to anyone for taking a minute to read this.
BYE Talk to my rite hand, i'll always be checking and waiting. Wat. Oh my...
thanks again Yess, aye lieeke! Very Happy


Hello @mayedlmalik and welcome to the Forum!

Have you tried removing ALL your mods and custom content (temporarily)? Another thing to consider, do you have any downloaded sims or houses, that you then put under the "Tray"-folder? Sometimes, certain sims/houses can cause issues. Or, if you have too many items in the Tray-folder it can cause problems as well...

If that applies to you, try emptying your "Tray"-folder - again temporarily.

_________________
Regards, The_gh0stm4n



Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616
Points : 17972
Reputation : 1900
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite loading after city living expansion installed

Post by eeveelutionize on Fri 06 Jan 2017, 20:32

Hello Smile

I had the exact same problem - I reinstalled the whole game today and whenever I tried to play a family (doesn't matter if it was a completely new one or an old one) I was stuck in that endless loading screen. I took out all my mods and then it worked.
So I checked all my mods and cc and in the end it was one small mod that broke everything. It's this one -> http://modthesims.info/d/568452 If you have this mod then take it out and try again.

eeveelutionize
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Posts : 18
Points : 718
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite loading after city living expansion installed

Post by mayedlmalik on Sat 07 Jan 2017, 23:48

@eeveelutionize wrote:Hello Smile

I had the exact same problem - I reinstalled the whole game today and whenever I tried to play a family (doesn't matter if it was a completely new one or an old one) I was stuck in that endless loading screen. I took out all my mods and then it worked.
So I checked all my mods and cc and in the end it was one small mod that broke everything. It's this one -> http://modthesims.info/d/568452 If you have this mod then take it out and try again.
No i dont have that though! but thanks anyway.

mayedlmalik
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 649
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite loading after city living expansion installed

Post by Ɛɗιη on Sun 08 Jan 2017, 09:39

@mayedlmalik wrote:
@eeveelutionize wrote:Hello Smile

I had the exact same problem - I reinstalled the whole game today and whenever I tried to play a family (doesn't matter if it was a completely new one or an old one) I was stuck in that endless loading screen. I took out all my mods and then it worked.
So I checked all my mods and cc and in the end it was one small mod that broke everything. It's this one -> http://modthesims.info/d/568452 If you have this mod then take it out and try again.
No i dont have that though! but thanks anyway.

It could be caused by other mods as well. Please try loading your game without any mods or CC to see if that is an issue. 
The reason it worked before, is that mods (and some CC as well) are often created for a certain game version, and after installing City Living, you went from 1.20.xx to 1.25.xx, so there may very well be compatibility problems.
If that is indeed the case, you just have to redownload your stuff. Any mods are likely to be updated at this point Smile

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 14879
Points : 19603
Reputation : 1388
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infinite loading after city living expansion installed

Post by mayedlmalik on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 07:31

@Ɛɗιη wrote:
@mayedlmalik wrote:
@eeveelutionize wrote:Hello Smile

I had the exact same problem - I reinstalled the whole game today and whenever I tried to play a family (doesn't matter if it was a completely new one or an old one) I was stuck in that endless loading screen. I took out all my mods and then it worked.
So I checked all my mods and cc and in the end it was one small mod that broke everything. It's this one -> http://modthesims.info/d/568452 If you have this mod then take it out and try again.
No i dont have that though! but thanks anyway.

It could be caused by other mods as well. Please try loading your game without any mods or CC to see if that is an issue. 
The reason it worked before, is that mods (and some CC as well) are often created for a certain game version, and after installing City Living, you went from 1.20.xx to 1.25.xx, so there may very well be compatibility problems.
If that is indeed the case, you just have to redownload your stuff. Any mods are likely to be updated at this point Smile
if only i could know which mod or cc is causing the problem so i could have an option of deleting it or updating it, thanks for your suggestion  Smile

mayedlmalik
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 649
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum