Save Disappeared

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Save Disappeared

Post by cows5evah on Fri 30 Dec 2016, 08:29

I want to know if anyone else had an issue with 1 of their saved games completely disappearing? It vanished when I installed the city living update and the household didn't save into my gallery either and the game is acting as if they never existed. 

I've checked every save game I have to see if they were anywhere, had no luck. is there any way to recover them or am I screwed?  Why God.
cows5evah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 2,3&4, GTA V, Life Is Strange, Gmod, Portal 1&2, Battleblock, Dead Island, L4D2, TERA
Male Posts : 129

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Save Disappeared

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 30 Dec 2016, 12:45

cows5evah wrote:I want to know if anyone else had an issue with 1 of their saved games completely disappearing? It vanished when I installed the city living update and the household didn't save into my gallery either and the game is acting as if they never existed. 

I've checked every save game I have to see if they were anywhere, had no luck. is there any way to recover them or am I screwed?  Why God.

Hello,

Go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves. Do you see something like this here?

Temporarily move out the file that says "Slot_xxxxxxx.save" Take one of the ".ver"-files, and change the name of the file into the one, that you just moved out. You get the idea (I think). Then try the game again. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14475

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum