Corner cabinets reverting to base color. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Corner cabinets reverting to base color. [SOLVED]

Post by Boni on Sun 08 Jan 2017, 22:19

The cabinets when placed in a corner with adjoining cabinets revert back to their original color and can no longer be edited with CASt. 

It only happens with the store cabinets I got from the big download and I can't imagine a cause, previously when I downloaded them separately they didn't have this problem. Also, the installation guide mentioned it assumes you have no store content or there might be duplicates, my game was clear of any store content as I just fresh installed but somehow there are duplicates from the circus set from the store.

If anyone can think of solutions for the cabinets or suggest something I'd greatly appreciate it. Currently, I have to use store cabinets strategically or use the EP content because of the color problem which is hard to ignore.

Just posted this while I remember but I should probably try reinstalling all of that again?

I attached a picture of what I mean.

Thank you Smile

Boni
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims3
Female Posts : 101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Corner cabinets reverting to base color. [SOLVED]

Post by Boni on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 01:19

I think I found the cause of the cabinets acting up

you want to convert sims3packs to packages, make sure you don't convert worlds, counters/cabinets and patterns. Those tend to act up in .package format. In my experience:
- sims and lot addresses become strings when the world is converted to packages, even if the world itself works properly;
- counters/cabinets become unCAStable if placed in corners i.e. between two other counters/cabinets;
- broken sims3pack-to-package patterns lead to the "Materializing Materials" error in CASt (not all sims3pack-to-package patterns do this, though).

Boni
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 11:44

Hello,

I actually think that this happens with some sims3packs, not all of them. I've been using packages for ages, and this doesn't happen with all of the cabinets. I believe there was even a fix for that, but I'll have to look for that.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boni on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 22:33

Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello,

I actually think that this happens with some sims3packs, not all of them. I've been using packages for ages, and this doesn't happen with all of the cabinets. I believe there was even a fix for that, but I'll have to look for that.

I hope there is a fix and you find it ^^ I googled yesterday but only I found what I posted thinking it might help with a solution. 
Thank you  All Hail Carlos!

Boni
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 16:53

//MOVED

Never noticed that myself; i was always under the impression that this only happened while being in build/buymode...

Oh my...

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boni on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 18:54

You think? I never tried going to live mode after the cabinets looked like that. I will try the white cabinets like the picture above and switch to live mode and check if they are actually different colors.

//EDIT

I checked if they stayed like that in live mode and they do Sad The cabinet that was in the corner is also uncastable even when removed from the corner. Tainted with corner cabinet disease!! X D

//EDIT

The_gh0stm4n wrote://MOVED

Never noticed that myself; i was always under the impression that this only happened while being in build/buymode...

:ohmydeargod:try

I forgot to ask. Do you that big download wth the package files in your game? If you do and it isn't doing the same I should probably remove the files and insert the again.

Boni
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 19:04

Sorry to hear that, and yes I actually do have that same download installed on my system as well. I guess thus far I never actually used cabinets that "do" this glitch with the corner-piece...

Facepalm  Sad

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boni on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 19:52

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Sorry to hear that, and yes I actually do have that same download installed on my system as well. I guess thus far I never actually used cabinets that "do" this glitch with the corner-piece...

Facepalm  Sad
I'll try reinstalling the files and see how it goes. It happens whenever I use any color except the one in the thumbnails of the store content.

Could patch 1.69 have anything to do with this? I also didn't have any store updates installed before this.

Boni
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 19:58

Boni wrote:I'll try reinstalling the files and see how it goes. It happens whenever I use any color except the one in the thumbnails of the store content.

Could patch 1.69 have anything to do with this? I also didn't have any store updates installed before this.

No need to re-install anything, and I don't think the 1.69 patch causes this either. Probably it's really just an annoying glitch.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boni on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 20:09

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Boni wrote:I'll try reinstalling the files and see how it goes. It happens whenever I use any color except the one in the thumbnails of the store content.

No need to re-install anything, and I don't think the 1.69 patch causes this either. Probably it's really just an annoying glitch.

Well I already redid the files from the zip XD Hoping something works because the one file was bigger from the rar that what I had <.<

It is an annoying glitch XD I need my stuff to match What a Face

edit: Nope that didn't fix it WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Boni
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 20:26

I was thinking that it may just be the "older" counters and cabinets, the ones from before the Pets EP, and in that case, the "rigfix" should take care of it. Not sure though, I've had to reinstall my game and haven't been able to test it yet. Nor do I feel like it today Sad

You're welcome to try it though: https://www.thesimsresource.com/fixyourgame/step1
Obviously you can skip step 1.2.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boni on Wed 11 Jan 2017, 15:08

I don't know what I am doing wrong but nothing is working like the guide.

I have downloaded probably 5 granny2.dll files and none of them give the successfully installed notifiction. When I choose store package files nothing appears and when I choose the whole packages folder in mods stuff from part 1 and 2 appear but then I get 2 errors and it still fixes nothing.

Does anyone here by any chance know the right file I should download.

Tried again, downloaded the granny file from TSR they said should work. I still don't get the initial notification and I can't select files. WHy does fixing things have to be so frustrating

I selected the folders and fixed what it let me and nothing. the cabinets still do that.

I should add I tested it and it's not only the cabinets before pets but all of the store ones. I'm sure cabinets were released after pets so I tested all of them

Update: It's late here but searching I have found this http://cabajadosi.tumblr.com/post/97862276613/didimentionsims-ts3-cannot-change-style-glitch

I will try this solution tomorrow *Hoping it works*

Boni
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 04:50

Boni wrote:Update: It's late here but searching I have found this http://cabajadosi.tumblr.com/post/97862276613/didimentionsims-ts3-cannot-change-style-glitch

I will try this solution tomorrow *Hoping it works*

That solution actually looks neat. Though I haven't tested it myself for that situation, I used the NRAAS Debug Enabler in the past, for a few other things (e.g. for resetting the glitched adventure board in China/Egypt/France). It's a very neat mod, that is often underrated in my opinion. Very Happy

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 10:57

Oh I am sure that will do the trick. Nraas mods are known to deliver on their promises Very Happy

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boni on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 11:38

It doesn't work Sad Tried it a few times hoping it would but it doesn't WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Experimented a bit and the only time it works as in the link is when the cabinet away from the corner but when it goes back to the corner it can't be CASt and it switches back to the original color. Clicking the option on the other cabinets makes them all the base color but the corner still can't be CASt.

Tried it again and it works but I have to choose to reset all objects, the second time it didn't change color of the other cabinets though  Can't touch banana so it seems it works, a bit of work but worth it at the end.

Boni
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 15 Jan 2017, 10:23

Boni wrote:
Tried it again and it works but I have to choose to reset all objects, the second time it didn't change color of the other cabinets though  Can't touch banana so it seems it works, a bit of work but worth it at the end.

Thanks for sharing the method with us. Very Happy  Hope you'll have lots of fun with that complete store torrent, and as always: if you need more help or advice neve hesitate to open a new topic again here.

Problem solved, topic closed.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum