The Sims 4 Toddlers (& Vampires) !

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sims 4 Toddlers (& Vampires) !

Post by Arkendrai on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 17:19

@cows5evah wrote:I'm just hoping we get seasons before pets, I never played around with pets and season would give the game more of that exciting feeling I had with Sims 3 and 2 from the weather. (I have a huge craze for storms IRL, I love it in video games)
It's entirely possible - I mean, Seasons was always really popular, and everyone's eagerly awaiting even a smidge of a hint at a seasons expansion, but I get the feeling that we would've found something about seasons if it were the next expansion :\\ I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm so excited for seasons! I was honestly surprised it wasn't one of the first released. Just, with the data already found for pets, I have a feeling that's going to be the next big expansion. 

@Dia wrote:Well, I think toddlers and vampires are more awaited than, I don't know, bowling or something else. I mean, I think we are more willing to wait for future stuff packs than for toddlers and vampires. It would really suck if they decided to wait for other SPs or GPs.
Give us toddlers and vampires (I actually don't care a thing about them, but I know people really wanted them too, other than toddlers), and then we'll wait for the other stuffs till the next EP.
I would love for them not to wait for other stuff packs/game packs, but I have a feeling they will. Why crack the game several times instead of just going for one big update? Especially considering how difficult it probably is; I imagine EA made it significantly more difficult to crack the game, considering how long it takes. Either way, I'm just happy they crack the game at all~ 

@Tarac wrote:Maybe I expressed myself not clear enough.
But I'm sick and tired of people ("freeloaders") wanting every new update and/or DLC right NOW !
I appreciate that not all of us are in a financial position to buy the games, or at least not eager to spend money on it, but then don't start to "cry" when it takes a little bit longer to get your FREE game.
I mean, I don't mean to be ungrateful - I really do appreciate everything G4TW and Skidrow do, because I don't have any other way to access the game. I'm just speculating as to when it's going to be released, considering all the possibilities right now with the files found - whether or not they'll wait. I'm content to wait - I still haven't played much of City Living, after all. I don't think I'm 'whining', I'm just curious. I figured we'd have to wait a while for a new update, especially because of the speculation about the pets expansion.

Arkendrai
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cows5evah on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 18:17

@Dia wrote:Well, I think toddlers and vampires are more awaited than, I don't know, bowling or something else. I mean, I think we are more willing to wait for future stuff packs than for toddlers and vampires. It would really suck if they decided to wait for other SPs or GPs.
Give us toddlers and vampires (I actually don't care a thing about them, but I know people really wanted them too, other than toddlers), and then we'll wait for the other stuffs till the next EP.

I think bowling would be pretty cool to have in the sims, I use to love bowling as a kid. 
Is bowling going to be in an SP/GP?

cows5evah
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughust on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 18:21

Everyone just needs to chill. I want toddlers a lot, but I am content with the fact that we won't get them for a while. Wait patiently and they'll come when they do.
Ughust
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 199

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eeveelutionize on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 18:24

@cows5evah wrote:

I think bowling would be pretty cool to have in the sims, I use to love bowling as a kid. 
Is bowling going to be in an SP/GP?
Bowling is announced as a stuff pack. Here's the teaser for it.

eeveelutionize
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by floralacnl on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 18:42

I have the legit game and then cracked DLCs, and dont have toddlers? Is this because of the cracked DLCs?
floralacnl
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 3

View user profile http://www.chronicallyroyal.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 18:50

@floralacnl wrote:I have the legit game and then cracked DLCs, and dont have toddlers? Is this because of the cracked DLCs?
When you have the legit base game installed in a different folder you'll have toddlers but no DLC's
As soon as you "top up" the legit game with pirated DLC's you don't have toddlers untill a new crack is found.

Electronic Arts/Maxis have atrange policy regarding safeguarding their games:
Sims-1: No cracks required you could simply copy the original discs or make a suitable Poweriso copy
Sims-2: Base game, University and Midnight were hard to crack but from Open for Business onwards you could still copy the original CD's or use a Poweriso copy.
Sims-3: No cracks required, a Poweriso copy would do the trick.

Poweriso copies for sims-1,2 and 3 were treated by Origin as originals and gave access to the gallery and updates/patches.
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 1591

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 23:43

@Arkendrai wrote:
Well, I think toddlers and vampires are more awaited than, I don't know, bowling or something else. I mean, I think we are more willing to wait for future stuff packs than for toddlers and vampires. It would really suck if they decided to wait for other SPs or GPs.
I would love for them not to wait for other stuff packs/game packs, but I have a feeling they will. Why crack the game several times instead of just going for one big update? Especially considering how difficult it probably is; I imagine EA made it significantly more difficult to crack the game, considering how long it takes. Either way, I'm just happy they crack the game at all~ 

Well, yeah, but in the past they cracked the game for just stuff packs or game packs. We don't even know if there's gonna be another EP soon. They didn't announced it yet, so we are just getting ahead of ourselves. If I was Skidrow, I would crack toddlers and vampires even to just get people off my back IAmSoHappyEmergahwd and then wait for another crack until the next EP. Which, really, could take 4 months to come out, or 6, or even 8, since we literally just got City Living. We don't know it yet. We don't know anything. It's just stupid, for me, to wait for something that you don't even know if or when will come out.

Of course this is just conjecture. We don't know what will Skidrow do, so we just have to wait and see. Let's hope for the better  Carlos is tha man
Dia
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, Life is Strange
Female Posts : 33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkendrai on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 00:18

@Dia wrote:
Well, yeah, but in the past they cracked the game for just stuff packs or game packs. We don't even know if there's gonna be another EP soon. They didn't announced it yet, so we are just getting ahead of ourselves. If I was Skidrow, I would crack toddlers and vampires even to just get people off my back IAmSoHappyEmergahwd and then wait for another crack until the next EP. Which, really, could take 4 months to come out, or 6, or even 8, since we literally just got City Living. We don't know it yet. We don't know anything. It's just stupid, for me, to wait for something that you don't even know if or when will come out.

Of course this is just conjecture. We don't know what will Skidrow do, so we just have to wait and see. Let's hope for the better  Carlos is tha man

Good point. I guess there's no point in speculating; we don't know what they're going to do, and all we can really do is wait and see  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
Arkendrai
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Skyrim, Fallout 3
Female Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GateSpider333 on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 06:51

I know when ppl were screaming for CL for over a month, yet finally got it now you can say but if only Reloaded just waited for one more patch.

GateSpider333
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ilsamiini on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 12:27

Hi! Im new to this forum, i was a creeper of the city living thread that was before this one Very Happy Excited to get the toddler update, but i'd rather have a well polished update than a rushed one Smile
As I am new to this forum and skidrow and others, are there any other ways to see any new information about the update than following this thread.

ilsamiini
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : sims 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ɛɗιη on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 19:39

@ilsamiini wrote:Hi! Im new to this forum, i was a creeper of the city living thread that was before this one Very Happy Excited to get the toddler update, but i'd rather have a well polished update than a rushed one Smile
As I am new to this forum and skidrow and others, are there any other ways to see any new information about the update than following this thread.

Hi and welcome to the forum Smile

If you subscribe to our newsletter by joining this usergroup, you will get an email when there's a significant update, like a new download. Alternatively, you can keep your eye on the "News" section (on top of the forum homepage) where a new item is posted when the download is out. This is likely to be a Global Announcement, so it will appear on top of every section.
You can also follow us on Facebook/Twitter, but news is always posted on the forum first.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosebud1773 on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 23:22

I generally just stalk these pages, but considering all the demands for the latest update I thought I'd add a comment. I have no problem waiting for a nearly bug free patch and that likely means waiting until EA releases Vampires, Bowling and possibly even Pets. I'm good with that. It means EA has had the chance to work out / fix the bugs they released with toddlers. All good there. The modders working on the crack have that much less to worry about. It also means we get a more stable game in the long run by waiting it out. Be patient. All things come to those who wait. Does that mean I'm not anxious? Nope, not at all. I'll just => bounce over here for awhile.
Rosebud1773
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA 5, Resident Evil, Sims, Dead Rising, PWI, and anything I'm currently attempting to build or scare my socks off with.
Female Posts : 20

View user profile http://rosebud1773.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelinore on Tue 17 Jan 2017, 23:37

@Rosebud1773 wrote:I generally just stalk these pages, but considering all the demands for the latest update I thought I'd add a comment. I have no problem waiting for a nearly bug free patch and that likely means waiting until EA releases Vampires, Bowling and possibly even Pets. I'm good with that. It means EA has had the chance to work out / fix the bugs they released with toddlers. All good there. The modders working on the crack have that much less to worry about. It also means we get a more stable game in the long run by waiting it out. Be patient. All things come to those who wait. Does that mean I'm not anxious? Nope, not at all. I'll just => bounce over here for awhile.
Hah, you and me both.
Aelinore
Quartermaster Rookie
Gallery Super-Seeker
Quartermaster Rookie Gallery Super-Seeker

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 4, Mass Effect Trilogy, Dragon Age series, Neverwinter online, Elder Scrolls Online
Female Posts : 175

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RELEASE DATE ON G4TW???

Post by PandaKitty010 on Wed 18 Jan 2017, 01:21

How long would it take for the release?

PandaKitty010
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arkendrai on Wed 18 Jan 2017, 02:37

@Rosebud1773 wrote:I generally just stalk these pages, but considering all the demands for the latest update I thought I'd add a comment. I have no problem waiting for a nearly bug free patch and that likely means waiting until EA releases Vampires, Bowling and possibly even Pets. I'm good with that. It means EA has had the chance to work out / fix the bugs they released with toddlers. All good there. The modders working on the crack have that much less to worry about. It also means we get a more stable game in the long run by waiting it out. Be patient. All things come to those who wait. Does that mean I'm not anxious? Nope, not at all. I'll just => bounce over here for awhile.
Same here. I've been hearing so much about the bugginess of its initial release that I'm almost thankful that we have to wait - at least it should be smooth by the time we get it~

@PandaKitty010 wrote:How long would it take for the release?
Depends primarily on when Skidrow and Reloaded crack the new update(s), so really we have no idea. Remember to read through the threads before posting - or just check out this thread right hereVery Happy
Arkendrai
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Skyrim, Fallout 3
Female Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PrinceKya on Wed 18 Jan 2017, 03:17

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
You can have both a legit game + pirated one installed on the same computer (if you know how to handle a few things, like paying attention to the folder under Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4).
I want to install the pirated version (already have the legit game installed in C:/Program Files(x86)/The Sims 4). Could you shed light on what you mentioned and where I should install the pirated version into?

PrinceKya
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Wed 18 Jan 2017, 11:18

The legit game (by default unless manually changed in Origin) is C:\Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4
Apparently you have changed it and the legit game is in C:\Program Files(x86)\The Sims 4.

You can install a pirated version anywhere on your computer, except in the location of your legit game, in a folder Origin Games, or in a folder Electronic Arts.
Correction: You can install in C:\Program Files(x86)\The Sims 4 but that means you can not (for the time being) have Toddlers and you should not use Origin to update your game.
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by mewii on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 04:41

if i bought the full game and used the pirated dLC  s after i installed the update would it work? or would it destroy my pc?Question
mewii
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : so many just ask about one i might know
Female Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GateSpider333 on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 06:32

You cannot mix and match legit and pirated copied.

Anyway owning both, seriously YOU DO NOT want patch 1.26.96.1010 (or Toddler Patch) and just be stuck with it.

Or will it be worth it for Toddlers with.

* Sims not no longer moving their mouths when they talk
 * Sims no longer sit down to watch TV or eat.
 * Sims talking to each other behind walls (without their mouths moving)
 * Invisible microphones during speeches.
 * Work from home no pay glitch
 * Many Sims standing around doing nothing.
*  And the list goes on...

A horrible patch for the price of toddlers, so stop googling you do not want an "updated" version of this game right now!

GateSpider333
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aelinore on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 20:01

Wow... that is a mess of errors, seems they really bugged up the game with the toddler patch. Good to know, thanks for sharing.
Aelinore
Quartermaster Rookie
Gallery Super-Seeker
Quartermaster Rookie Gallery Super-Seeker

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 4, Mass Effect Trilogy, Dragon Age series, Neverwinter online, Elder Scrolls Online
Female Posts : 175

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 20:23

@GateSpider333 wrote:You cannot mix and match legit and pirated copied.

Anyway owning both, seriously YOU DO NOT want patch 1.26.96.1010 (or Toddler Patch) and just be stuck with it.

Or will it be worth it for Toddlers with.

* Sims not no longer moving their mouths when they talk

A horrible patch for the price of toddlers, so stop googling you do not want an "updated" version of this game right now!
I have none of the above described error.
Could it be parhaps that you have downloads (CC) in your game ?
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by GateSpider333 on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 01:18

@Tarac wrote:I have none of the above described error.
Could it be parhaps that you have downloads (CC) in your game ?

Maybe you should play the game to find out yourself, don't read my advice, read the offical EA forums and then tell them your version "has no bugs."

answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

GateSpider333
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 10:34

My wife plays the game for at least 6 hours a day and no problems at all.

The forum you mentioned is not an official EA forum
see their announcement.
I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
90% of problems in any The Sims game is caused by CC
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 13:59

@GateSpider333 wrote:Maybe you should play the game to find out yourself, don't read my advice, read the offical EA forums and then tell them your version "has no bugs."

answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

@Tarac wrote:My wife plays the game for at least 6 hours a day and no problems at all.

The forum you mentioned is not an official EA forum
see their announcement.
I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
90% of problems in any The Sims game is caused by CC

To be fair, bugs can be caused by "anything or nothing". It can be mods, or it can be a specific in-game interactions that trigger these problems. It would be interesting to find out if these bugs are reproducible under the exact same circumstances among players (game options, the same in-game interactions used & same/similar computer setups), but then, who really cares about something like that? Most people posting about issues on Forums - not just here - usually don't even remember the wording of error messages, much less what exactly they did in-game prior to the occurrence of bugs. So any attempt of a "systematic description" of bugs is already futile to begin with.

The Forum linked above - according to their own FAQ - focusses on players helping players, but it is nonetheless hosted and administrated/moderated by EA, even if EA personnel may not actively post much about problem solutions to games there. I don't know to what extent the actual discussions there represent the views of EA, but the implication seems to be "we (EA) reject any responsibility for technical problems with the games, but maybe other regular lads like you may be able to help out on this Answer HQ". If you have a cynical view, you could even make the argument that a welcome side-effect of having such an "inofficial" support Forum, is that it creates a kind of buffer zone for people to vent, thereby reducing load on their official customer support channels/hotlines/websites, etc. By the way, I think someone once showed me a post on that Forum where a user linked to a thread to a guide on G4TW here. It was about the "error during startup"-thing in The Sims 3. Then a Moderator - or was it a regular user? - replied something along the lines of that this type of site (G4TW) should not be linked on that Answer HQ. Which is OK, since it is their site = their rules. But a nice little anecdote nonetheless.

I try not to get too much worked up over things I don't have control over. I know, people will now say that "customers purchasing the game have the right to be offended", and they are right. By all means, and as far as G4TW is concerned, they may go ahead with their right to feel salty as long they keep the discussions civil. Sure, the saltiness is understandable, but then again, people should then at least learn for the future and make purchases more carefully. I myself don't buy many games these days, because I don't have that much time anyhow to play those games. And to add a little pepper to the salt: a "study" (?) conducted by Valve once showed that the average Steam user only starts up/plays about 30% of the games that they purchase for their Steam account. Part of the reason is thought to be caused by all these discount packages containing more than 1 game, but the overall implication appeared to be grounded in the same phenomenon, as to why people these days buy so much food, only to throw it away later on. I don't have a link for that study at hand, but I will try looking for it and adding it later here. I personally believe that on other game clients/platforms like Origin or UPlay it isn't going to be much different. So the argument that just because a peson spent money entitles them to saltiness, must - by itself - be taken with some grain of salt (no pun intended).

Edit: I think this is the "study" that I read about, a few years ago:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/37-percent-of-steam-games-have-never-been-played-report/1100-6419022/

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 14:42; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13760

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 14:34

I don't know about the rest of you but I believe it's a good thing waiting for a major release instead of just getting a fix for a random update. What's going to  happens after you get a tiny fix for an update? What next? We'll all be waiting for the next release which could take months to come out and the majority of us (if these responses are any indication) will be moaning impatiently about a fix. Think of the wait as a time for all the bugs (other gamers who purchased their game have experienced) to be fixed and a time I myself have spent eagerly book marking CC/MODS I can't wait to use in game once the fix is released.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosebud1773 on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 23:10

@GateSpider333 wrote:Seriously YOU DO NOT want patch 1.26.96.1010 (or Toddler Patch) and just be stuck with it.

Or will it be worth it for Toddlers with:

* Sims no longer moving their mouths when they talk

Haha...and this is why I wait. lol!
EA will roll out a patch to fix their screwed up toddler patch either before Vampires or in it. I'd rather tinker with a working game than something that's all kinds of messed up. Toddlers look awesome, but I can live with YouTube footage for now.
Rosebud1773
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA 5, Resident Evil, Sims, Dead Rising, PWI, and anything I'm currently attempting to build or scare my socks off with.
Female Posts : 20

View user profile http://rosebud1773.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 23:15

I'm not so sure about that.
My game works perfectrly, no problems at all.
Maybe too many CC in their games ?
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)