Legit Game, Toddlers and Cracks. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legit Game, Toddlers and Cracks. [SOLVED]

Post by DarkAuthor on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 02:07

So, I have a question, and I had a very hard time finding the correct answer.  I'm sorry if its dead obvious and I missed it somewhere, but I did try...

If I buy the sims 4 and update it to the latest version (the one with toddlers) could I then install all the pirated DLC on top of it and run the game with everything?  I don't care about being able to use the gallery.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

DarkAuthor
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Legit Game, Toddlers and Cracks. [SOLVED]

Post by Serena Leonhardt on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 05:08

No.

Serena Leonhardt
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAuthor on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 05:17

Thank you for the answer, but, why not?  From what I've been able to find, you CAN install pirated DLC on top of an existing origin sims 4 installation.  It even says so in the guide.

My concern is mostly due to the crack being version 1.25 and the game now being version 1.26, but couldn't I use the same trick I have seen others mention, (moving the game version files around) to make the game think its a lower version than it is without losing any content?

DarkAuthor
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plunderbunny on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 07:43

@DarkAuthor wrote:Thank you for the answer, but, why not?  From what I've been able to find, you CAN install pirated DLC on top of an existing origin sims 4 installation.  It even says so in the guide.

My concern is mostly due to the crack being version 1.25 and the game now being version 1.26, but couldn't I use the same trick I have seen others mention, (moving the game version files around) to make the game think its a lower version than it is without losing any content?
 Wait, this can be done? Could you provide me the link on the topic in this forum, please? This is news to me!
plunderbunny
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAuthor on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 08:04

Sure, step #3 here specifically says it can be done (installing pirated stuff packs on a legit base game).  The rest of what I'm asking, I'm not sure about, though.

And this is the place where it talks about making a pirated game think its updated by copying a file from the legit one.  It doesn't really update it though, but my question is why wouldn't it also work in reverse?

DarkAuthor
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughust on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 08:25

It won't work because you don't have the actual dlc. It's pirated so, it won't work with legit base game.
Ughust
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 190

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 08:25

@DarkAuthor wrote:Sure, step #3 here specifically says it can be done (installing pirated stuff packs on a legit base game).  The rest of what I'm asking, I'm not sure about, though.

And this is the place where it talks about making a pirated game think its updated by copying a file from the legit one.  It doesn't really update it though, but my question is why wouldn't it also work in reverse?

Hello,

I'm afraid you've misunderstood a number of things. The first guide indeed mentions you can "install pirated DLC on top of legit games". But if the legit game is on a higher patch, and you apply pirated DLC that is on a lower patch version, then your installation gets "rolled back". In this case it would mean your overall installation is still on patch 1.25.136.1020. A.k.a. without the toddler update.

The current cracks only support game version 1.25, and using them with the 1.26 game files from Origin wouldn't work.

The second guide that you linked to was written from a user whose native language is not English, and thereby a few things have been worded in a rather unlucky way, that can easily be misunderstood by people unfamiliar with how TS4 works. Essentially, with the procedure you don't have to rename folders under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 anymore when you switch between playing the Origin & cracked versions. That is where your savefiles and mods/CC are stored. It's a nice little trick, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with updating a cracked game.

The only way to get new content for cracked games is to wait for new scene updates.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13689

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAuthor on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 08:28

Thank you Ghostman!

I was actually just getting ready to come back and post that I had tested it and it did indeed roll back to the previous patch level.  Oh well, I didn't pay full price for the base game so it wasn't that big of a hit and its still nice to have (I was meaning to buy it anyway).

DarkAuthor
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 08:30

@DarkAuthor wrote:Thank you Ghostman!

I was actually just getting ready to come back and post that I had tested it and it did indeed roll back to the previous patch level.  Oh well, I didn't pay full price for the base game so it wasn't that big of a hit and its still nice to have (I was meaning to buy it anyway).

Yes, for example you could still use the Gallery. Smile  Was there anything else you wanted to know for now, or can we close the topic and mark the problem as "solved"?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAuthor on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 08:32

I would say "solved". lol

In all honesty, I kind of had fun messing around with it, even if it didn't work out in the end.  Thank you, again!

DarkAuthor
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlunderBunny on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 10:54

Thanks for clearing everything up! Very Happy
BlunderBunny
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 16:17

Problem solved, topic closed then. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum