Oakwood Island: BETA-testers wanted.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oakwood Island: BETA-testers wanted.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 17:55

Hello everyone,


I've been working on this world since fall of 2014, and I feel it is ready for BETA testing. So I'm looking for a few people who are willing to do so. All of the community buildings and a lot of residential buildings and spawners are in place.
What I'm asking is maybe 3 or 4 people who want to give this world a couple of test-runs. See if you have any routing issues, anything missing, anything out of place. 
This world was build with:


-The Sims 3 complete collection
-The Sims 3 complete store collection (that means: decrapified packages)


It should probably still work if you don't have all of the EP's, it will definitely work if you don't have all of the store items, or sims3packs rather than packages, but you will get a lot of instances that objects were replaced by defaults.


I'm not going to post the downloadlink here yet, until I feel it is ready for public viewing, so if you're interested, send me a PM. I will send the link to a limited number of people.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15196
Points : 20584
Reputation : 1536
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oakwood Island: BETA-testers wanted.

Post by Mayamelissa on Wed 20 Sep 2017, 22:48

will this contain places for the venues and how many lots?

Mayamelissa
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims Series
Posts : 4
Points : 313
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oakwood Island: BETA-testers wanted.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 17:56

@Mayamelissa wrote:will this contain places for the venues and how many lots?


Sorry for the late reply,

From what I gathered it's a bigger world, so I suppose there is more than enough space for your venues and other lots. Just bear in mind that for a full-fledged world to be able to 'play' properly, you will also need a (half-) decent computer in terms of hardware. 

Since Arya visits the Forum irregularly, I'd suggest you drop her a private message in case you are interested in the world.

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4


Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16246
Points : 21665
Reputation : 2346
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oakwood Island: BETA-testers wanted.

Post by Blankface345 on Tue 09 Jan 2018, 19:32

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Mayamelissa wrote:will this contain places for the venues and how many lots?


Sorry for the late reply,

From what I gathered it's a bigger world, so I suppose there is more than enough space for your venues and other lots. Just bear in mind that for a full-fledged world to be able to 'play' properly, you will also need a (half-) decent computer in terms of hardware. 

Since Arya visits the Forum irregularly, I'd suggest you drop her a private message in case you are interested in the world.

If you don't mind me asking, what would you classify as a half decent computer in this situation. I might see if she is still looking for people, since recently I have been looking for new non EA worlds (to no avail I don't know a good place to get CC), and if I could help her with feedback along the way that would be a plus.

_________________
I will do muh best partnah!
avatar
Blankface345
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Basically anything that requires a screen or a controller.
Male Posts : 58
Points : 660
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-12-22
Age : 20
Location : Kingdom Hearts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oakwood Island: BETA-testers wanted.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 11 Jan 2018, 16:25

@Blankface345 wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what would you classify as a half decent computer in this situation. 

My "rig".

- Intel i3 with 2.93 Ghz (old model)
- 16 GB of RAM
- NVIDIA Geforce GT 730

It's essentially an outdated PC system that I decided to "tune up" a bit with some new parts, in this case a GPU and new RAM modules. Also bear in mind that The Sims 3 is a 32-bit application, therefore it cannot by itself use more than 4GB of your computer's RAM. You don't need 16 gigs of RAM like I do, 8 should do as well.

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4


Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16246
Points : 21665
Reputation : 2346
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oakwood Island: BETA-testers wanted.

Post by Sim Architect on Thu 10 May 2018, 04:03

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Blankface345 wrote:If you don't mind me asking, what would you classify as a half decent computer in this situation. 

My "rig".

- Intel i3 with 2.93 Ghz (old model)
- 16 GB of RAM
- NVIDIA Geforce GT 730

It's essentially an outdated PC system that I decided to "tune up" a bit with some new parts, in this case a GPU and new RAM modules. Also bear in mind that The Sims 3 is a 32-bit application, therefore it cannot by itself use more than 4GB of your computer's RAM. You don't need 16 gigs of RAM like I do, 8 should do as well.
Having an SSD for both the system, the saves, custom content and the game files makes a huge difference in performance as well, besides changing some settings like lower video details if you aren't running on a powerful machine and you want to play with lots of content and/or a large world.

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

Returning slowly to the forum, after more than 2 YEARS away!
avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Minecraft, Cities:Skylines
Male Posts : 1876
Points : 4620
Reputation : 165
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 39
Location : Netherlands

View user profile http://www.thesimarchitect.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Oakwood Island: BETA-testers wanted.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 10 May 2018, 09:19

So yes, anyone that is interested is still welcome to test my world.


It is a larger world, yes, there is PLENTY of room for lots and venues, some communitylots are already in place.


I guess I will also reinstate the PM system at this time.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15196
Points : 20584
Reputation : 1536
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oakwood Island: BETA-testers wanted.

Post by Sim Architect on Thu 10 May 2018, 18:00

@☠️ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠️ wrote:So yes, anyone that is interested is still welcome to test my world.


It is a larger world, yes, there is PLENTY of room for lots and venues, some communitylots are already in place.


I guess I will also reinstate the PM system at this time.
Please, do! Private messages are a function that I miss here.

I will love to try your world one of these days! Send me the files (or upload to our cloud) and I can create a torrent for you (and seed it).


Tea 1 Piece of cake. Tea 1

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

Returning slowly to the forum, after more than 2 YEARS away!
avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Minecraft, Cities:Skylines
Male Posts : 1876
Points : 4620
Reputation : 165
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 39
Location : Netherlands

View user profile http://www.thesimarchitect.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Oakwood Island: BETA-testers wanted.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 11 May 2018, 09:45

@Sim Architect wrote:
@☠️ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠️ wrote:So yes, anyone that is interested is still welcome to test my world.


It is a larger world, yes, there is PLENTY of room for lots and venues, some communitylots are already in place.


I guess I will also reinstate the PM system at this time.
Please, do! Private messages are a function that I miss here.

I will love to try your world one of these days! Send me the files (or upload to our cloud) and I can create a torrent for you (and seed it).


Tea 1 Piece of cake. Tea 1


It's too soon for a torrent, the world isn't entirely finished yet. I don't think it has any more problems (I fixed a couple of spawners since I last shared a world file), but there are a couple of oddities I yet have to address.
Ideally, I would also like to have a bit more lots, though perhaps there are enough now, leave room for people to build or place their own.


Yes, that is something I'd want potential testers to give feedback on: are there enough large(r) lots for venues I did not place? I don't care much for venues myself, so I didn't place them all, and I am oblivious to whether there are enough sizeable lots to convert to community lots, for said venues.


I'll try to take a couple of screenshots in game one of these days.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15196
Points : 20584
Reputation : 1536
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oakwood Island: BETA-testers wanted.

Post by Sim Architect on Sat 12 May 2018, 00:03

@☠️ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠️ wrote:
@Sim Architect wrote:
@☠️ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠️ wrote:So yes, anyone that is interested is still welcome to test my world.


It is a larger world, yes, there is PLENTY of room for lots and venues, some communitylots are already in place.


I guess I will also reinstate the PM system at this time.
Please, do! Private messages are a function that I miss here.

I will love to try your world one of these days! Send me the files (or upload to our cloud) and I can create a torrent for you (and seed it).


Tea 1 Piece of cake. Tea 1


It's too soon for a torrent, the world isn't entirely finished yet. I don't think it has any more problems (I fixed a couple of spawners since I last shared a world file), but there are a couple of oddities I yet have to address.
Ideally, I would also like to have a bit more lots, though perhaps there are enough now, leave room for people to build or place their own.


Yes, that is something I'd want potential testers to give feedback on: are there enough large(r) lots for venues I did not place? I don't care much for venues myself, so I didn't place them all, and I am oblivious to whether there are enough sizeable lots to convert to community lots, for said venues.


I'll try to take a couple of screenshots in game one of these days.
Oh, I just meant using peer to peer to share your pre releases instead of hosting the file somewhere. It's more efficient as long as we have enough seeds. My PC tends to stay on 24 hours, since I am mining, plus people can wait if the download is not available right away, and you do not have to host the file.

Once a version is outdated, we just release a new one, no need to worry about the old ones, and you can adfly them all, anyway.

_________________
Kind regards!

The Sim Architect

Returning slowly to the forum, after more than 2 YEARS away!
avatar
Sim Architect
Entertainer
I'll make you smile
Entertainer I'll make you smile

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Minecraft, Cities:Skylines
Male Posts : 1876
Points : 4620
Reputation : 165
Join date : 2012-03-10
Age : 39
Location : Netherlands

View user profile http://www.thesimarchitect.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Oakwood Island: BETA-testers wanted.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum