Testingcheats not working after latest update

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Testingcheats not working after latest update

Post by WishIWasThere on Wed 18 Jan 2017, 00:45

Hi~

I recently installed City Living for TS4 (the install went well and I followed the instructions, game and cheat worked fine previously too) and testingcheats has stopped working for me. I get an error saying it can't execute that command.

I looked around and found a thread from 2015 indicating that it might be mods, so I removed the few I had, but it's still not working. 
I deleted the one cache file indicated on that same thread too, but it's also still not working. 
And yes, I am sure I have typed it right! lol

Any ideas on what else I can try? I can't build to my heart's content without it~ Sad 
Thanks!
WishIWasThere
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Assassin's Creed, Dishonored, Minecraft, Dead Island
Female Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Testingcheats not working after latest update

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 19 Jan 2017, 11:46

@WishIWasThere wrote:Hi~

I recently installed City Living for TS4 (the install went well and I followed the instructions, game and cheat worked fine previously too) and testingcheats has stopped working for me. I get an error saying it can't execute that command.

I looked around and found a thread from 2015 indicating that it might be mods, so I removed the few I had, but it's still not working. 
I deleted the one cache file indicated on that same thread too, but it's also still not working. 
And yes, I am sure I have typed it right! lol

Any ideas on what else I can try? I can't build to my heart's content without it~ Sad 
Thanks!

Hello,

Are you 100% sure you entered it as testingcheats true ? Other than that, try navigating under Documents\Electronic Arts. change the folder anme of The Sims 4, into anything else, and re-start the game. Play on for a while and see if you can use cheats again. Good luck!

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WishIWasThere on Fri 20 Jan 2017, 17:13

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello,

Are you 100% sure you entered it as testingcheats true ? Other than that, try navigating under Documents\Electronic Arts. change the folder anme of The Sims 4, into anything else, and re-start the game. Play on for a while and see if you can use cheats again. Good luck!

100% certain I spelled it right. But I tried what you said and it seems to work now! Not sure why, but hey! No complaints! lol
Thank you kindly!  I tip my fedora.
WishIWasThere
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 18:00

Sorry for the late reply,

Could've been a cache file issues as well. Are you interested in getting back your old savefiles, or can we close the topic and mark it as solved? Smile

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WishIWasThere on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 19:29

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:Sorry for the late reply,

Could've been a cache file issues as well. Are you interested in getting back your old savefiles, or can we close the topic and mark it as solved? Smile
No problem, I'm all set. You can close it/mark solved! Smile Thanks again!
WishIWasThere
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)