I have legit copy of sims 4 with toddlers, can I install expansions/ultimate fix?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have legit copy of sims 4 with toddlers, can I install expansions/ultimate fix?

Post by JUPITER.TAYLOR on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 04:55

I've owned sims 4 base game since it came out, and I recently updated to toddlers. I've been wanting to download sims 4 ultimate fix and expansions for a while but I was waiting until G4TW had City Living too.

In the FAQ people who'd installed sims 4 here had asked if they could update their game and the answer was no. But nobody asked if is was okay to download the packs/fix after updating a legit game? Would it work, or work just you wouldn't have the update? Or just **** up?
JUPITER.TAYLOR
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have legit copy of sims 4 with toddlers, can I install expansions/ultimate fix?

Post by Aɾყα on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 10:16

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
You can install the expansions etc. from G4TW, but you will lose toddlers, since your game will revert to 1.25, unfortunately.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15110

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have legit copy of sims 4 with toddlers, can I install expansions/ultimate fix?

Post by JUPITER.TAYLOR on Sat 21 Jan 2017, 21:03

Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
You can install the expansions etc. from G4TW, but you will lose toddlers, since your game will revert to 1.25, unfortunately.

Yeah, that's what i thought. I went ahead and installed the expansions so now I just have to anxiously await a new patch/crack to be posted Oh my... 

Thanks my dude.
JUPITER.TAYLOR
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by totalsims on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 11:24

JUPITER.TAYLOR wrote:
Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, that's what i thought. I went ahead and installed the expansions so now I just have to anxiously await a new patch/crack to be posted Oh my... 

Thanks my dude.
No, not necessarily.

1. Let Origin "repair" your game which means that only the legally bought games are workable (version 1.26)
2. Install the G4TW Sims-4 Games in a different folder on your computer (Not as a subdirectory of Origin Games or Electronic Arts) - version 1.25. If you are multi-lingual, choose another language. Or create an other Windows user-account on your computer.

You can now play the original game with toddlers and the pirated version without toddlers.
Mind to switch Origin on or off.

When you play both versions in the same language and/or the same Windows user-account they will share the same folder in Documents - Electronic Arts.
Toddlers created in version 1.26 will then not be visible in 1.25 and when you continue playing in 1.25 and save the game, these earlier created toddlers are also completely lost in 1.26.

totalsims
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 22 Jan 2017, 19:38

JUPITER.TAYLOR wrote:

Thanks my dude.

Or, if you want to have both legit & cracked Sims 4 games installed on the same setup, you can rename folders, as described here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14339

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum