No Tray / Mods Folder for TS4 (crack)? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Tray / Mods Folder for TS4 (crack)? [SOLVED]

Post by mekad-v on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 16:03

Hi, i'm like super new in this forum but i figured i should make an account after all. Not only bc of my actual problem!

But the thing is - after going through every single post i could find in this forum i still can't figure out how to get my tray / mods folder back. I already checked my documents and OneDrive and anything else that could possibly make sense. 

I remember when i used to play TS4 through Origin that there was one (i also dont know where my screenshots go?!) with many sub-folders but after uninstalling and removing everything weeks ago - there was obviously nothing left. I did save my household tray files on a usb-stick so when i decided to dl the cracked version of the game - i was hoping i could just put them back into this version of the game but woops~ 

I definetly can't find / don't have a Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 / Tray path!?

x I tried creating a mod / tray / screenshot folder myself with the same path and mods seem to work as well as screenshots - they just go into the screenshot folder (I MADE) now but the tray files still dont pop up ingame / the gallery.


x I did play for several hours already to see if it would pop up after a while but there was still no change in my documents.


x I also tried saving a household to see where it goes but i can't find those files now - they are apparently somewhere(?) but where.

I hope i'm making any sense, bc this is really frustrating and i hope i can get my prettysims back somehow ;;

Thanks for any help in advance.
avatar
mekad-v
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, The Sims 4, Black Desert, Blade and Soul
Female Posts : 4
Points : 242
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-01-27
Location : (UK) Reading , (GER) Karlsruhe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Tray / Mods Folder for TS4 (crack)? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 18:00

mekad-v wrote:Hi, i'm like super new in this forum but i figured i should make an account after all. Not only bc of my actual problem!

But the thing is - after going through every single post i could find in this forum i still can't figure out how to get my tray / mods folder back. I already checked my documents and OneDrive and anything else that could possibly make sense. 

I remember when i used to play TS4 through Origin that there was one (i also dont know where my screenshots go?!) with many sub-folders but after uninstalling and removing everything weeks ago - there was obviously nothing left. I did save my household tray files on a usb-stick so when i decided to dl the cracked version of the game - i was hoping i could just put them back into this version of the game but woops~ 

I definetly can't find / don't have a Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 / Tray path!?

x I tried creating a mod / tray / screenshot folder myself with the same path and mods seem to work as well as screenshots - they just go into the screenshot folder (I MADE) now but the tray files still dont pop up ingame / the gallery.


x I did play for several hours already to see if it would pop up after a while but there was still no change in my documents.


x I also tried saving a household to see where it goes but i can't find those files now - they are apparently somewhere(?) but where.

I hope i'm making any sense, bc this is really frustrating and i hope i can get my prettysims back somehow ;;

Thanks for any help in advance.


Hello and welcome to the Forum,

Can you look under C:\Users\(your username)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4...? As shown in my own screenshot here:





If the "OneDrive" didn't relocate your folder, then there is no other way to find that. You could - alternatively - use the search function and as a search term use for example "Mods". But you should get used to finding the folder.

Another theoretical possibility (though unlikely in your case), is it possible that the folder "The Sims 4" under Documents is for some reason a hidden folder? If so, have you tweaked the options so that hidden folders are displayed in that location?

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14281
Points : 18958
Reputation : 2020
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Tray / Mods Folder for TS4 (crack)? [SOLVED]

Post by mekad-v on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 19:08

I tried this i don't know how many times - 
There is nothing under C:\Users\(your username)\My Documents\ for me, except my overwatch folder~ Also checked if it was somewhere hidden but not a single search keyword could help nor anything else. 
Now my question is - since i dont think re-downloading the crack again will help - is it possible to just c/p the /electronic Arts/sims 4/ folder from my bought game (if i reinstall that and origin again and uninstall it afterwards..?) or is there anything different in the cracked documents folder?

Any other ideas are appreciated.
avatar
mekad-v
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, The Sims 4, Black Desert, Blade and Soul
Female Posts : 4
Points : 242
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-01-27
Location : (UK) Reading , (GER) Karlsruhe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Tray / Mods Folder for TS4 (crack)? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 19:20

mekad-v wrote:I tried this i don't know how many times - 
There is nothing under C:\Users\(your username)\My Documents\ for me, except my overwatch folder~ Also checked if it was somewhere hidden but not a single search keyword could help nor anything else. 
Now my question is - since i dont think re-downloading the crack again will help - is it possible to just c/p the /electronic Arts/sims 4/ folder from my bought game (if i reinstall that and origin again and uninstall it afterwards..?) or is there anything different in the cracked documents folder?

Any other ideas are appreciated.


If the folder is not there (under Documents\Electronic Arts) already, then copying/pasting it wouldn't help either. If you like, I am on the forum chatbox for a little while. It's to be found on top of the main page. Maybe - if you like - we can have a look at that through TeamViewer. Smile


//EDIT


Have you tried using the search function, and searching your entire C: folder for "Mods"?

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14281
Points : 18958
Reputation : 2020
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Tray / Mods Folder for TS4 (crack)? [SOLVED]

Post by mekad-v on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 20:52

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
mekad-v wrote:I tried this i don't know how many times - 
There is nothing under C:\Users\(your username)\My Documents\ for me, except my overwatch folder~ Also checked if it was somewhere hidden but not a single search keyword could help nor anything else. 
Now my question is - since i dont think re-downloading the crack again will help - is it possible to just c/p the /electronic Arts/sims 4/ folder from my bought game (if i reinstall that and origin again and uninstall it afterwards..?) or is there anything different in the cracked documents folder?

Any other ideas are appreciated.


If the folder is not there (under Documents\Electronic Arts) already, then copying/pasting it wouldn't help either. If you like, I am on the forum chatbox for a little while. It's to be found on top of the main page. Maybe - if you like - we can have a look at that through TeamViewer. Smile


//EDIT


Have you tried using the search function, and searching your entire C: folder for "Mods"?

The Electronic Arts Folder was in documents when i used to play TS4 through Origin - it IS there when i dl through origin.
But it's not there with the cracked version. WIch doesn't amke any sense to me but i'm lost - so asking for any possible solution.
I would join the chat but i feel like i keep missing you being online the entire time haha.
+ my laptop's language is german wich probably makes it harder to help. Idk

Searching for any possible keyword doesn't help, mods or tray doesnt change anything Sad

But back to my idea. I've created my own Mods-folder and simply put the .package files into it + Resource.cfg and it worked that way. All the mods are available in the game but for some reason i can't do the same with the tray folder (?) is there any file like the Resource.cfg that i need to activate it? I'm pretty sure that would fix everything even if it doesnt give me the original folder.
avatar
mekad-v
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, The Sims 4, Black Desert, Blade and Soul
Female Posts : 4
Points : 242
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-01-27
Location : (UK) Reading , (GER) Karlsruhe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Tray / Mods Folder for TS4 (crack)? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 21:09

mekad-v wrote:
The Electronic Arts Folder was in documents when i used to play TS4 through Origin - it IS there when i dl through origin.
But it's not there with the cracked version. WIch doesn't amke any sense to me but i'm lost - so asking for any possible solution.
I would join the chat but i feel like i keep missing you being online the entire time haha.
+ my laptop's language is german wich probably makes it harder to help. Idk

Searching for any possible keyword doesn't help, mods or tray doesnt change anything Sad

But back to my idea. I've created my own Mods-folder and simply put the .package files into it + Resource.cfg and it worked that way. All the mods are available in the game but for some reason i can't do the same with the tray folder (?) is there any file like the Resource.cfg that i need to activate it? I'm pretty sure that would fix everything even if it doesnt give me the original folder.


The chatbox is located at the top of the Forum's main page. Smile  And I was actually there for over half an hour (and just logged off), but I briefly came back on again. If you want to join there now, I'll be there for another 15 minutes, before logging off for good.

//EDIT

Chatbox-link.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/chatbox/index.forum

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14281
Points : 18958
Reputation : 2020
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Tray / Mods Folder for TS4 (crack)? [SOLVED]

Post by mekad-v on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 17:23

So now, thanks to @The_gh0stm4n i managed to find my hidden documents/electronic arts - folder. (i also checked my antivirus program but i couldn't really find any blocked files in there hmm..) Anyway - Mods, Screenshots and saving NEW households works but importing Lots and Households still doesnt..

Did i do something wrong? Or does it not work in general, making a new household and importing sims from my gallery also doesnt work - but saving new sims in the gallery works(?)  --- I read somewhere that it's not possible to use the gallery in the cracked version of the game but how am i supposed to use my downloaded sims then? 

I guess i found another problem...
avatar
mekad-v
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

Favourite games : Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, The Sims 4, Black Desert, Blade and Soul
Female Posts : 4
Points : 242
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-01-27
Location : (UK) Reading , (GER) Karlsruhe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No Tray / Mods Folder for TS4 (crack)? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 19:42

Sorry for the belated reply everyone,

Problem solved (I think?) through TeamViewer - days ago already. Razz  See the screenshot here:



The OP had "COMODO" antivirus installed, and by default, this anti-virus sandboxes applications, and for some reason the userdata-folder of The Sims 4 was transferred into the location from the screenshot.

I found the folder by searching the entire C: drive for "cachestr" (a component of the folder), and eventually found. I turned off all options I could find about this sandboxing in COMODO, and moved the folder back to its original location manually. Seems to be working. Very Happy

@mekad-v, feel free to message me if this topic needs to be unlocked again in the future, but I think that should suffice. Other than that, feel free to open a new topic anytime again you need more advice or support.

Problem solved, topic closed.

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14281
Points : 18958
Reputation : 2020
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum