The Sims 3 expansion wont update. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 expansion wont update. [SOLVED]

Post by Gothic_Queen77 on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 17:08

Hello!

I am a bit frustrated at the moment! I downloaded the sims 3 complete collection. I want to point out I am no amateur when it comes to install games or cracked once, ok! So now to the problem! I installed the base game, i did not  install EA Download manager since it said you do not have to do so. After the base game was installed, I was going to install World Adventure. But it came and error saying that the game can not bee updated and there for the installer will bee closing down...

So what is the problem here. Is the world adventure expansion in the complete collection broken, or is it because i did not install EA's Download manager?! I would bee happy to get help with this. The reason why I uninstalled it in the first place, was because that mosaic mod did not work at all, it was a black spot where the mosaic mod was suppose to work and even if I took it off from my mods folder it did not disappear..That is the reason why I needed to remove the whole game and reinstall it...Now this expansion has started to say it will shut down cause it can not update the game... Help Please...
Gothic_Queen77
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3 and 4, Zelda, Alundra, Black Mirror, Nox, Settlers to name a few of them
Female Posts : 38

View user profile http://casasdesugarpumpkin.blogspot.fi/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 expansion wont update. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 18:10

@Gothic_Queen77 wrote:Hello!

I am a bit frustrated at the moment! I downloaded the sims 3 complete collection. I want to point out I am no amateur when it comes to install games or cracked once, ok! So now to the problem! I installed the base game, i did not  install EA Download manager since it said you do not have to do so. After the base game was installed, I was going to install World Adventure. But it came and error saying that the game can not bee updated and there for the installer will bee closing down...

So what is the problem here. Is the world adventure expansion in the complete collection broken, or is it because i did not install EA's Download manager?! I would bee happy to get help with this. The reason why I uninstalled it in the first place, was because that mosaic mod did not work at all, it was a black spot where the mosaic mod was suppose to work and even if I took it off from my mods folder it did not disappear..That is the reason why I needed to remove the whole game and reinstall it...Now this expansion has started to say it will shut down cause it can not update the game... Help Please...

Hello and welcome to the Forum, Smile

After you installed the base game, did you apply the 1.67 manual patch? In the "Complete Collection" torrent of G4TW, this is the file inside the #Crack-folder that is about 1.7GB in filesize. See also step #2 of the guide here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gothic_Queen77 on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 09:20

Oops, I completely missed that patch! Thanks for reminding me about it! The game is installed now and works perfectly! Thanks again  Smile

Gothic_Queen77
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3 and 4, Zelda, Alundra, Black Mirror, Nox, Settlers to name a few of them
Female Posts : 38

View user profile http://casasdesugarpumpkin.blogspot.fi/

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 10:51

Good to hear!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile