Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does Get together/City Living work for you?

71% 71% 
[ 5 ]
29% 29% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error

Post by BlueSimmer16 on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 00:27

Okay so for the past 2 days I have been trying to get Sims 4 to work, but overtime I open it, I get the "Origin is not running" error. I followed every instruction perfectly, but it seems that the Get together pack and City Living causes this error. I have scoured this site and google for hours trying every fix I could, but NOTHING works. I download sims before from g4tw, but deleted it a while back (though it worked then). I'm running windows vista 64 and have never had origin anywhere on my laptop. Also, my antivirus hasn't touched any of my sim-related files, windows defender is off and I've allowed TS4 through my firewall. I love this game so any help would be much appreciated!

I'm wondering if there's something wrong with Get together and City living themselves, though its weird because get together worked well before Hmmm, sure?

BlueSimmer16
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Get Together/City Living- "Origin is not running" error

Post by RagedVirus on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 07:45

I've had this problem as well, but I've forgotten to move The Sims 4 directory from Electronics Arts folder and it fixed it for me. If you haven't tried that yet, hopefully it's the remedy you need.

Cheers.

RagedVirus
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 11:29

@BlueSimmer16 wrote:Okay so for the past 2 days I have been trying to get Sims 4 to work, but overtime I open it, I get the "Origin is not running" error. I followed every instruction perfectly, but it seems that the Get together pack and City Living causes this error. I have scoured this site and google for hours trying every fix I could, but NOTHING works. I download sims before from g4tw, but deleted it a while back (though it worked then). I'm running windows vista 64 and have never had origin anywhere on my laptop. Also, my antivirus hasn't touched any of my sim-related files, windows defender is off and I've allowed TS4 through my firewall. I love this game so any help would be much appreciated!

I'm wondering if there's something wrong with Get together and City living themselves, though its weird because get together worked well before Hmmm, sure?

Hello and welcome to the Forum @BlueSimmer16,

I'm afraid there are many things we don't know yet about this crack. Did you also move the install folder of The Sims 4 away from its default location C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts? You could move it even directly under your desktop, or directly under C:\Program files (x86).

Also, if you have Lavasoft's "Web Companion" installed, please remove that program. Smile

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueSimmer16 on Sun 29 Jan 2017, 16:54

Thanks for the reply! I've moved the folder and I don't have "Web Companion", but if you guys aren't even sure about the crack, then I am more than happy to wait until it is figured out.

BlueSimmer16
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 02 Feb 2017, 19:25

@BlueSimmer16 wrote:Thanks for the reply! I've moved the folder and I don't have "Web Companion", but if you guys aren't even sure about the crack, then I am more than happy to wait until it is figured out.

In my experience, in 9/10 cases it's got something to do with "security software". But in rare cases, there can be other things. For example, these things here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

Other than that, I'm afraid I can't say more, I'm sorry. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Forum rules // Forum FAQ // G4TW downloads // Sims store, guides & more (beta) // G4TW on Piratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Please post game issues on the Forum only. For more general questions about site navigation, you may also e-mail me !

The_gh0stm4n
Supervising Moderator
Inspector General & Chief of Staff
Supervising ModeratorInspector General & Chief of Staff

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, GTA IV, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Antibirth & Afterbirth †
Male Posts : 13616

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum