Spellbook problem:S

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spellbook problem:S

Post by Cruzi on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 05:13

Hy guys!
I download spellbookGothique.package from your mediafire. After that I realized something is wrong. I find and read the instructor to download the fix file and do the resource.cfg stuff. But can someone tell me exactly what to do???? I do this:
(It's from yahoo)
Hey! I'm a Windows 7 Ultimate user, I'll help you with that.

In order to get the game running with the new MODS directory, make sure you create the Mods folder in the following path:

Windows Vista/7: "C:\Users\\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\"

Windows XP/2K: "C:\Documents and Settings\\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\"

Create a "Resource.cfg" file using notepad. Use the following details in that file:

Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*/*.package

Once you do that, create TWO folders inside the new "Mods" folder, "DCCache", and "Packages". And voila! Your game now has the official Mods directory set! Just move over your mods from the original path into the new "Package" directory, delete the old Mods folder and "Resource.cfg" Framework.

(I don't understand that: delete the old Mods folder and "Resource.cfg" Framework. I don't have "Mods" folder i create after... and ""Resource.cfg" Framework." WHAT??? i dunno what does it mean :S)

and when i want to install the spellbookGothique.package the windows says Sims 3 has stopped working so I guess this isn't the right to do. :S So please help ...
An other thing I have Windows 7 64 Home Premium (If it's important)
Thx for the answers in advance
Cruz

Cruzi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spellbook problem:S

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 08:08

Hello,
I'm not sure about these instruction you've got there! Setting up a mods folder is real easy, you do in fact go to C:\Users\\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\. Set up new folder there and name it mods, now open you new folder and create another folder within this folder. Call it packages.Download the resource.cfg file from anywhere and place it in your new mods folder, which now contains this file and your new packages folder. Put the spellbook.package file in the packages folder and you're done!

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112