Can I install pets after I've installed other expansions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I install pets after I've installed other expansions?

Post by liannabanana on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 00:58

I currently have generations, ambitions, and late night installed and working fine. I want to download and install pets but will that mean that I will have to uninstall and then reinstall everything? I don't want to lose my saved games.

Would it be possible to install it like I did with late night? Where the crack didn't need to be applied to the base game.

Thanks so much!

liannabanana
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can I install pets after I've installed other expansions?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 08:34

Hello,
No that wont be possible. The crack has to be applied to the base game. Here's what you do:
Go to C:\Documents and Settings\yourpc\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves and copy the entire saves folder to another location on your pc. The desktop is fine. Rename the saves folder to something like back up saves TS3. Your save games are safe now. If something goes wrong and you have to uninstall pets, you can import these back up saves back where they came from and voila. You don't have to empty the saves folder, there's a good chance your savegames are fine after installing pets.
If you're using mods, make sure you get newer versions. Remove .package files from the mods folder.
You don't have to uninstall and reinstall your game, just extract the Pets download with winRAR and run the setup. When it's finished, copy the crack and you can play.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112