How do I install worlds?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I install worlds?

Post by Needsimshelpplease on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 01:18

Hi!


Okay, so I tried downloading and installing the Roaring Heights world, however, it is not showing up in my game. I have version 1.67, and the launcher says it is installed, but it appears as an object. I know where to find the guides, but can someone here dumb them down for me? Because I just want to play this world but nothing's working  Why God.


Thank you!

Needsimshelpplease
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 535
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install worlds?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 11:53

Hello,


Welcome to the forum.
Could be caused by the caches, you can clear them manually, that is, deleting them all one by one. But it's probably quicker to start with a "clean folder" and try again. You can do that by renaming the folder "The Sims 3" in Documents\Electronic Arts. Then, start the launcher to generate a new folder. Put Roaring Heights in the new "Downloads" folder, along with any other sims3packs, and try installing them again.
If that works, you can copy your saves and mods (if you have any) from the old (renamed)  folder into the new one.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15002
Points : 20629
Reputation : 1545
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install worlds?

Post by Needsimshelpplease on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 15:50

Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello,


Welcome to the forum.
Could be caused by the caches, you can clear them manually, that is, deleting them all one by one. But it's probably quicker to start with a "clean folder" and try again. You can do that by renaming the folder "The Sims 3" in Documents\Electronic Arts. Then, start the launcher to generate a new folder. Put Roaring Heights in the new "Downloads" folder, along with any other sims3packs, and try installing them again.
If that works, you can copy your saves and mods (if you have any) from the old (renamed)  folder into the new one.
I did that, installed the storefix first, then installed roaring heights but it still says it's an object in my launcher. No other cc/downloads except the boardwalk set.


Nevermind, it's showing up! Now I'm gonna put my own CC in, let's see where it goes wrong  Smile

Needsimshelpplease
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 535
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install worlds?

Post by Needsimshelpplease on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 17:20

Okay, I can play Roaring Heights now, but a lot of lots are missing, like the stadium, the rollercoaster park and such. How do I fix it?

Needsimshelpplease
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 535
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install worlds?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 19:08

Hello again,


You can find those in your "lots" bin in "Edit Town" mode.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15002
Points : 20629
Reputation : 1545
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install worlds?

Post by Needsimshelpplease on Fri 10 Feb 2017, 19:52

Ɛɗιη wrote:Hello again,


You can find those in your "lots" bin in "Edit Town" mode.
They aren't there!

Needsimshelpplease
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 535
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install worlds?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 01:47

@Needsimshelpplease wrote:They aren't there!


The Rollercoaster is part of a different set, and not included in the .sims3pack of Roaring Heights. On the download server there should be a link for a "Boardwalk Set", which you should download and install for the Rollecoaster.

I'm not sure though if there is also a link for that big stadium. Isn't that included when you install the "Showtime" expansion though?

_________________



Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, site navigation & if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!


avatar
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Acting Administrator
General of the Armies & Gatekeeper
G4TW Acting Administrator General of the Armies & Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16204
Points : 21714
Reputation : 2354
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : Bellisarius Hall

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install worlds?

Post by Needsimshelpplease on Sun 12 Feb 2017, 02:17

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Needsimshelpplease wrote:They aren't there!


The Rollercoaster is part of a different set, and not included in the .sims3pack of Roaring Heights. On the download server there should be a link for a "Boardwalk Set", which you should download and install for the Rollecoaster.

I'm not sure though if there is also a link for that big stadium. Isn't that included when you install the "Showtime" expansion though?
Both were installed, yet it didn't show up

Needsimshelpplease
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 535
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install worlds?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum