Cleansing help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cleansing help.

Post by Gothic_Queen77 on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 19:01

I did a little file cleansing on the sims 3, to not have so much sims3package files. So Now I have converted them to package files instead with the installer program i was suggested to use. Very Happy
I removed the download folder to so that I could get all the unwanted sims3packages off. I created a new Download folder on the D drive, with the sims3packages I need, some of them store content as well as the neighborhoods. Will not put that Download folder in to my Sims 3 folder untill i get some answers to my questions first. Now to my question! After removing the download folder, is all the installed content uninstalled then, or do I have to remove something else from another folder as well, to bee sure the old sims3package content do not suddenly come back to the new download folder or messes up the game... Please let me know... scratch
Gothic_Queen77
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3 and 4, Zelda, Alundra, Black Mirror, Nox, Settlers to name a few of them
Female Posts : 38

View user profile http://casasdesugarpumpkin.blogspot.fi/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cleansing help.

Post by Aɾყα on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 20:13

Hello,

The "Downloads" folder is merely a place for your game to store the sims3packs, the actual content is in Documents\Electronic Arts\DCCache. If you empty that folder, your content is then uninstalled.

Note that you can't extract the neighbourhoods, you will still have to install those through the use of the launcher!

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 20:50

@Gothic_Queen77 wrote:I did a little file cleansing on the sims 3, to not have so much sims3package files. So Now I have converted them to package files instead with the installer program i was suggested to use. Very Happy
I removed the download folder to so that I could get all the unwanted sims3packages off. I created a new Download folder on the D drive, with the sims3packages I need, some of them store content as well as the neighborhoods. Will not put that Download folder in to my Sims 3 folder untill i get some answers to my questions first. Now to my question! After removing the download folder, is all the installed content uninstalled then, or do I have to remove something else from another folder as well, to bee sure the old sims3package content do not suddenly come back to the new download folder or messes up the game... Please let me know... scratch

//MOVED

Topic moved to the right section. Smile  In addition, installed worlds save their data both in DCCache and Installed Worlds, so in order to remove everything properly, you'd also have to clear the Installed Worlds-folder. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gothic_Queen77 on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 22:10

Thanks guys! Now I have the issue that my game crashes while it loads the neighborhood. This is so annoying! I have not had this kind of issue before. So I am a bit confused here now what the problem might bee!? Any suggestions? I could try to take off the debug mod. It is a cheat that makes the hidden objects appear when you are in buy mode. Do I maybe need to update the store fixes? I am so lost here now.. scratch
Gothic_Queen77
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3 and 4, Zelda, Alundra, Black Mirror, Nox, Settlers to name a few of them

Back to top Go down

Post by Gothic_Queen77 on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 07:43

I have put the store fixes as the installation guide told me, for the package and sims3package use. But the game still crashes when loading the neighborhood! I have no idea why. Did my game not like me converting sims3packages to packages or what on earth is going on here! It is so annoying all this...any suggestions? It did not behave like this before i started cleansing it and convert the sims3packages to packages...suggestions please....
Gothic_Queen77
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum