Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by ValimarZero on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 08:35

I found out that the latest update/patch of TS4 is included in the City Living download. I've just downloaded and installed TS4 base game and Get to Work expansion and I would like to only have the latest update/patch since the City Living expansion and some of the stuff packs included does not appeal to me and I'm also worried that including them may hinder the game's performance. I know it deviates from the Sims 4 install guide but is it possible to only "install"/copy the patch or is there a work around for it?

ValimarZero
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Falcom
Posts : 7
Points : 191
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by Tarac on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 10:56

No, you'll have to install everything first.
1. base game
2. Get To Work
3. Get Together
4. City Living

Start your game for once. Don't play
You can then remove the folders of the DLC's you don't want.
Don't remove City Living (EP03)

My advice, don't remove folders but move them to a new directory enabling you to place them back when required.
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053
Points : 3888
Reputation : 330
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by Aɾყα on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 12:57

Hello,


Welcome to the forum.
What you're suggesting isn't possible, unless you have only the base game.
There's a fix for having the latest version of the base game, but it requires that you don't have any DLC installed.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105
Points : 20015
Reputation : 1430
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by ValimarZero on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 03:05

I see. Thanks for the feedback. 
I guess I should just install all the expansions to make my game updated.

ValimarZero
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Falcom
Posts : 7
Points : 191
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 03:33

@ValimarZero wrote:I see. Thanks for the feedback. 
I guess I should just install all the expansions to make my game updated.


There could be a way out, but I don't recommend using this. If you want to do this, make sure to backup your entire The Sims 4-install folder somewhere. 

In essence, you still have to install the items in the order Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> City Living. Should you then decide you don't want some of the DLC (in your case the ones included in the "Get to Work" & "Get together" expansions), you can remove the appropriate folders from your C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4-location.

Remove the folders EP01, FP01, GP01, EP02, GP02, SP01, SP02, SP03 & SP04 from your install directory of The Sims 4. Then download this modified RldOrigin.ini file here and insert it into the Game\Bin directory of your TS4-folder. Replace the old file when prompted.
https://goo.gl/NAq6Lz

Should the game freeze at startup wait for a minute or two.

Note again that this is an experimental "fix". Do this at your own risk only!
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18712
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by Tarac on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 16:13

I just tested this:
1. Download the base game
2. Download City Living
3. installed them both and tried to play.

Looked very promising, I got the "welcome-screens" for Movienight, Romantic Garden, Childsroom, Backyard, Dine Out, City Living and Glamour and then it froze.
Closed PC and restarted the Sims 4 again - halfway loading it froze again.

So it looks like you'll need ALL DLC's installed for the additional info in the base game.
Once everything is installed you can remove unwanted folders of DLC's
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053
Points : 3888
Reputation : 330
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by ValimarZero on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 03:36

Sorry if I was not clear in my opening post. What I was trying to ask is since I if is possible to play TS4 with Get to Work expansion (because I want to play as aliens and be scientist hehe) with the latest patch and I was thinking if downloading City Living and copying only the patch to make the game, in my case, TS4 with Get to Work in the latest update.

I dont want to install Get Together and City Living because the gameplay additions is not my cup of tea and I also I tried installing all 3 of the expansions just to get the updated game but my laptop cannot handle it and causes lag. With Get to Work expansion, I dont experience much lag.

So I want to ask if it is possible to have the base game and get to work expansion with the latest patch. I apologize if I caused any inconveniences to you guys. If there are still things unclear for you in this reply, please ask me.

Also, I was thinking if it is possible to combine the Ultimate Fix for the base game with get to work expansion. I know it conflicts with each other but maybe there is something that can be worked with.

ValimarZero
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Falcom
Posts : 7
Points : 191
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 04:02

@ValimarZero wrote:Also, I was thinking if it is possible to combine the Ultimate Fix for the base game with get to work expansion. I know it conflicts with each other but maybe there is something that can be worked with.


It's OK, no worries.

But no, The Sims 4 doesn't work like that. I know that a lot of users are still thinking along the lines of The Sims 2 and The Sims 3, where you had clearly defined "lines" between the mere base game update and the individual DLC. But the cracked TS4 - as of present - doesn't work like that.

The methodology is still similar to what I said before: you strictly have to install Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> City Living first. Then you subtract the DLC that you do NOT want, from the overall installed pack. Delete or move out the following folders, marked with a red arrow in the screenshot here:





This will essentially remove the DLC included in Games4theworld's "Get together" and "City Living" expansions. But it will leave you with the DLC from Get to Work plus the update files for game version 1.25.

Plus, in order to get rid of the freezing at startup you have to make modifications to the RldOrigin.ini file (you have to remove the entries relating to the DLC folders that you just deleted). For your convenience, I created and uploaded another such customized RldOrigin.ini file here (I hope I did everything right there):
https://goo.gl/sH8QEc

Again, extract with WinRAR, and copy/paste that file into your Game\Bin subdirectory of your TS4-installation.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18712
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by ValimarZero on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 04:36

Okay! I'll gonna try that method but I'll have to download again both Get Together and City Living since I've deleted them and I tend to do so since I want to save some space in my laptop and I'll ready started my game with Get to Work with ver 1.5.139.1020. It will take some time for me to report back with the results.

ValimarZero
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Falcom
Posts : 7
Points : 191
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 06:13

@ValimarZero wrote:Okay! I'll gonna try that method but I'll have to download again both Get Together and City Living since I've deleted them and I tend to do so since I want to save some space in my laptop and I'll ready started my game with Get to Work with ver 1.5.139.1020. It will take some time for me to report back with the results.


Take your time, and good luck!

P.S. if possible in your case, try investing in some external hard-drive or USB-flash to save your downloaded games and stuff there, so you don't need to re-download them if you (accidentally) delete them. Smile  Or, if your laptop has a functional burner, try burning the downloaded games on DVDs for now.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18712
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by ValimarZero on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 05:28

Hello! I finally tested it out and it works like a charm. I haven't experienced any problems... yet.  Very Happy

Thanks for the help and for your time providing a modified RldOrigin.ini file.

May I ask if in any case in the future, I want to have a certain DLC in the game, like for example I want to have the Perfect Patio stuff from the Get Together files, is it possible to include that one DLC in the game? I assume it involves tweaking again with some files.

ValimarZero
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Falcom
Posts : 7
Points : 191
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 06:17

@ValimarZero wrote:Hello! I finally tested it out and it works like a charm. I haven't experienced any problems... yet.  Very Happy

Thanks for the help and for your time providing a modified RldOrigin.ini file.

May I ask if in any case in the future, I want to have a certain DLC in the game, like for example I want to have the Perfect Patio stuff from the Get Together files, is it possible to include that one DLC in the game? I assume it involves tweaking again with some files.


Theoretically yes. Essentially, see the screenshot I posted in my previous reply. If you do not want certain DLC, you can/should remove them from your TS4 installation folder. That alone though will lead to the game freeze at startup, and you will need to wait a minute or two for the game to unfreeze. I am not entirely sure yet if playing the game that way causes other isues than just this initial startup-freeze. And that's where the RldOrigin.ini comes in.

The DLC-folders all have entries in that file. From that file, you have to remove the same entries, as the DLC folders that you subtracted. If you did it right, there will be no freeze at startup. Every person wishing for an "individual assortment" of TS4 DLC, will also need an individually-tailored RldOrigin.ini file, at least at present, in order to bypass the initial freeze. Maybe it will be different in the future. But that is also the reason why at least I personally am rather reluctant to give support on questions like these, although it's technically interesting.

Not every user may be "aware" or inclined enough to modify their RldOrigin.ini files. But then again: if you don't mind the initial game freeze at startup, you can contend with simply removing folders, and leaving the original RldOrigin.ini as it is.

And you're welcome!
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18712
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by ValimarZero on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 08:06

If I understand this correctly, if I want certain DLCs to appear in the game, I should have the corresponding DLC folders in the TS4's install folder as well as match those corresponding DLC entries in the RldOrigin.ini file and this will bypass the freezing start up.

Based from that, the RldOrigin.ini file that you provided has the Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat and the Holiday DLC and I assume that it is modified from the RldOrigin.ini file in the City Living files. 

So starting from the modified file that you've provided for me, I can add another DLC to the game, using Perfect Patio as an example, by copying its corresponding folder (SP02) in TS4's install folder and it its RldOrigin.ini file's DLC entry to the modified file that you've provided. I assume that I can use the Perfect Patio's entry from Get Together or City Living's RldOrigin.ini file and add it to the one you've modified. So if I do that, I can add that DLC in the game as well as bypass that initial start up freeze.

Did I get it right?  Smile

ValimarZero
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Falcom
Posts : 7
Points : 191
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 08:10

@ValimarZero wrote:If I understand this correctly, if I want certain DLCs to appear in the game, I should have the corresponding DLC folders in the TS4's install folder as well as match those corresponding DLC entries in the RldOrigin.ini file and this will bypass the freezing start up.

Based from that, the RldOrigin.ini file that you provided has the Get to Work, Outdoor Retreat and the Holiday DLC and I assume that it is modified from the RldOrigin.ini file in the City Living files. 

So starting from the modified file that you've provided for me, I can add another DLC to the game, using Perfect Patio as an example, by copying its corresponding folder (SP02) in TS4's install folder and it its RldOrigin.ini file's DLC entry to the modified file that you've provided. I assume that I can use the Perfect Patio's entry from Get Together or City Living's RldOrigin.ini file and add it to the one you've modified. So if I do that, I can add that DLC in the game as well as bypass that initial start up freeze.

Did I get it right?  Smile


If you want to re-add entries to the RldOrigin.ini file, you ALWAYS should take the latest available file as the basis. In this case that is the RldOrigin.ini from the City Living torrent. Nothing else.

It's a good idea to have such an original RldOrigin.ini file somewhere as backup.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18712
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by ValimarZero on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 08:24

Tested it and it works. Thank you very much for the help and insight that you gave.  Very Happy

ValimarZero
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Falcom
Posts : 7
Points : 191
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by Tarac on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 10:40

I used a slightly different method:
After installing all available packs upto and incl. City Living, I started the game.
Go through all the welcome screens for each individual expansion and then close the game.
(you'll have a folder The Sims 4 with all packs in user\Documents\Electronic Arts)
Now remove all unwanted folders from your install folder.
Start your game
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053
Points : 3888
Reputation : 330
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:03

@Tarac wrote:I used a slightly different method:
After installing all available packs upto and incl. City Living, I started the game.
Go through all the welcome screens for each individual expansion and then close the game.
(you'll have a folder The Sims 4 with all packs in user\Documents\Electronic Arts)
Now remove all unwanted folders from your install folder.
Start your game


For an eventual "conclusion" of The Sims 4 at the end of its lifespan (a complete edition), it could be indeed an idea to give a special mention in the install guide to this. That there is basically the possibility to add/remove these folders, but at the same time hint that there will be a freeze. And then maybe add a note to the install guide how to edit the RldOrigin.ini file in order to bypass the freeze.

Most users probably won't be inclined to modify their files, but then again, if the download-instructions are provided in a detailed manner...that's probably the best we all can do. So yes, a thumbs up:

Yess, aye lieeke!
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18712
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possibe to copy ONLY the update/patch from City Living download?

Post by Tarac on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:38

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Tarac wrote:I used a slightly different method:
After installing all available packs upto and incl. City Living, I started the game.
Go through all the welcome screens for each individual expansion and then close the game.
(you'll have a folder The Sims 4 with all packs in user\Documents\Electronic Arts)
Now remove all unwanted folders from your install folder.
Start your game


For an eventual "conclusion" of The Sims 4 at the end of its lifespan (a complete edition), it could be indeed an idea to give a special mention in the install guide to this. That there is basically the possibility to add/remove these folders, but at the same time hint that there will be a freeze. And then maybe add a note to the install guide how to edit the RldOrigin.ini file in order to bypass the freeze.

Most users probably won't be inclined to modify their files, but then again, if the download-instructions are provided in a detailed manner...that's probably the best we all can do. So yes, a thumbs up:

Yess, aye lieeke!
I know that your uploadspeed is pretty low and it will probably takes you a day or more to upload files of 20GB.
Although my uploadspeed is still relatively low (1,2 MB/s) and am looking forward to glassfibre (125 MB/s), I have prepared a download consisting of 1 single base game version 1.25 + downloads for each separate EP, GP, SP that can be added to the game.
This means that each and every time a new DLC is cracked I'll have to upload a new base game version.
So, as you stated correctly, this is only a solution when The Sims 4 is fully completed at the end of its lifespan.
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053
Points : 3888
Reputation : 330
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum