I did not get City Living!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I did not get City Living!?

Post by Anoni1876 on Sun 26 Feb 2017, 10:17

Hi, recently I downloaded The Sims 4 City Living from this website and everything went smoothly. However, upon launching the game I did not get City Living, although everything else was there such as "Glamour e.c.t." I was really looking forward to playing city living, any form of assistance would be greatly appreciated. Hope this problem gets fixed  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Anoni1876
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4
Posts : 1
Points : 237
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I did not get City Living!?

Post by Shamrock on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 21:48

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you Sad

Did you apply the Ultimate Fix at the end?

_________________
Have some tea, and take care!
Best regards,

Shamrock  





Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
avatar
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265
Points : 5939
Reputation : 381
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : On the slim border between sane and insane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I did not get City Living!?

Post by Loonieloose on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:18

Please do NOT apply the ultimate fix. Because if you do that, you will have only the three base game world's and some of the content of the other packs. If you have applies the ultimate fix you will have to re - install the packs. In city living the " fix " is build in.

Loonieloose
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 439
Points : 1251
Reputation : 74
Join date : 2015-10-21
Location : Somewhere in Southern Africa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I did not get City Living!?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 18:14

Anoni1876 wrote:Hi, recently I downloaded The Sims 4 City Living from this website and everything went smoothly. However, upon launching the game I did not get City Living, although everything else was there such as "Glamour e.c.t." I was really looking forward to playing city living, any form of assistance would be greatly appreciated. Hope this problem gets fixed  WhatDidUJustCallMe?


You could try some possible solutions that are outlined here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t22402-suddenly-missing-dlc-packs-in-the-sims-4-possible-fix

Other than that, I'm not sure. Did you use WinRAR for extracting the contents of the .rar downloads...?

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423
Points : 19144
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I did not get City Living!?

Post by Shamrock on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 19:35

Loonieloose wrote:Please do NOT apply the ultimate fix. Because if you do that, you will have only the three base game world's and some of the content of the other packs. If you have applies the ultimate fix you will have to re - install the packs. In city living the " fix " is build in.

Hey there!

That's not quite true...
Applying the Ultimate Fix will put the game up to date, which should already be the case with the installs done.
In no event will it remove worlds or content Wink

In any case, following the guide should give you a smooth game configuration, but sometimes there are complications.

Please try what Carlos proposed.

_________________
Have some tea, and take care!
Best regards,

Shamrock  





Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
avatar
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265
Points : 5939
Reputation : 381
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : On the slim border between sane and insane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I did not get City Living!?

Post by Tarac on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 12:53

Shamrock wrote:
Loonieloose wrote:Please do NOT apply the ultimate fix. Because if you do that, you will have only the three base game world's and some of the content of the other packs. If you have applies the ultimate fix you will have to re - install the packs. In city living the " fix " is build in.

Hey there!

That's not quite true...
Applying the Ultimate Fix will put the game up to date, which should already be the case with the installs done.
In no event will it remove worlds or content Wink

In any case, following the guide should give you a smooth game configuration, but sometimes there are complications.

Please try what Carlos proposed.
I'm sorry to say that I do not agree with your comments.

Applying the Ultimate fix after having installed the other available DLC's will set back your game to the base game only.
I just tried it out myself. I had everything installed (5 worlds + Outdoor retreat). I then applied the ultimate fix and I lost all the additional DLC's.
I'm back to the base game with 3 worlds only and no Outdoor Retreat.
When I start my game I get the "missing contents" warning.

The fix ONLY APPLIES to players with the base game only who do not wish to add other DLC's to their game.
Although of course you can still succesfully add the other DLC's later on.
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4204
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: I did not get City Living!?

Post by Shamrock on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 19:19

Tarac wrote:
Shamrock wrote:
Loonieloose wrote:Please do NOT apply the ultimate fix. Because if you do that, you will have only the three base game world's and some of the content of the other packs. If you have applies the ultimate fix you will have to re - install the packs. In city living the " fix " is build in.

Hey there!

That's not quite true...
Applying the Ultimate Fix will put the game up to date, which should already be the case with the installs done.
In no event will it remove worlds or content Wink

In any case, following the guide should give you a smooth game configuration, but sometimes there are complications.

Please try what Carlos proposed.
I'm sorry to say that I do not agree with your comments.

Applying the Ultimate fix after having installed the other available DLC's will set back your game to the base game only.
I just tried it out myself. I had everything installed (5 worlds + Outdoor retreat). I then applied the ultimate fix and I lost all the additional DLC's.
I'm back to the base game with 3 worlds only and no Outdoor Retreat.
When I start my game I get the "missing contents" warning.

The fix ONLY APPLIES to players with the base game only who do not wish to add other DLC's to their game.
Although of course you can still succesfully add the other DLC's later on.

Alright, good to know.
Another change since the last time I was here Hmmm, sure?

_________________
Have some tea, and take care!
Best regards,

Shamrock  





Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
avatar
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265
Points : 5939
Reputation : 381
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : On the slim border between sane and insane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum