Question about the library folder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about the library folder

Post by Gothic_Queen77 on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 17:56

Hi guys, I am yet again cleaning my game. After using the sims3package converter, and converted the sims3package files to package files, my game started crashing, like crazy, could not download the neighborhood. I honestly do not know if it was because something went wrong with the conversion's or if i did something wrong. So now I am trying again. But I want to ask about the library folder. I am not so keen in adding the Dragon valley, No offence to the sweet dragons, but I do not like to bee fried by someone else's dragon in that game so i burn to death...  Laughing

I could of cause try it, I would not mind my Aztecan prince having his red dragon Quetzalqoatl, but i do not want all the sims in that game to die because of someone's dragon spits fire on you for too long.  Laughing So my question is, if i do not like that add on, dragon valley that is, can i remove the dragon valleys festival grounds from the library folder without making the game crash.
Can I skip installing dragon valley, even if the dragon valley's festival grounds is still inside the library folder, or can i remove the dragon valley festival grounds from that folder, even if the dragon valley is not installed?

I also saw somewhere that they advised the ccmerge file in the DCbackup folder and no where else, or you would have to update it all the time! Updating frequently, is not what i want to do if i can avoid it, it seems to complicated and i am not motivated enough to annoy myself with updating and then i would just screw up the game...

Suggestions please...

Gothic_Queen77
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3 and 4, Zelda, Alundra, Black Mirror, Nox, Settlers to name a few of them
Female Posts : 38

View user profile http://casasdesugarpumpkin.blogspot.fi/

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about the library folder

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 04:39

Hello,

To be honest, I never tried either possibility. But wouldn't it be the easiest to just...leave Dragon Valley installed? Razz

Also, the ccmerged.package should be under Mods/Packages as well. Since the store fixes are not being worked on anymore, I'm not sure why they should be "updated" any further. At least as far as the G4TW store fixes are concerned, put the files in the right places according to the instructions, and there you are!
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gothic_Queen77 on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 17:05

Thanks for that Ghost! Yeah, I let that Dragon Valley bee, did not want it in my game. Now to my other problem that I want to have help with I noticed that I did not use S3Pe to pack the custom content from sims resource after making them as a collection package file,  after using the package installer. The problem now is that when I am building a house and want to use the patterns, to create my own style, it just do not want to load the patterns. It just thinks and thinks and thinks, nothing happens, like it has frozen or some thing. So I am wondering, can i not put patterns as a collection file like I have done with the objects, hairs etc? Is that the reason why it freezes! I have done everything else possible, removed the cache package files and everything else possible to get rid of duplicates, and other nonsense that can mess up the game. So what am I suppose to do, keep the pattern packages separated or can i make them as a collection package file?

Gothic_Queen77
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3 and 4, Zelda, Alundra, Black Mirror, Nox, Settlers to name a few of them

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 20:39

Hello,

That the festival lots for Dragon Valley are in your in-game library doesn't mean you have to use them, nor does it mean you will have dragons in your game if you don't have that world installed. There should be no adverse effect from having those lots in your bin, but not having the world installed.

As for your patterns, did you test them before packaging them? If one of those patterns is corrupted, your entire collection package is now corrupted. There is also a limit to the size of a CC package.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gothic_Queen77 on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 11:37

Thanks for that Edin, I normally put them in small packs, with max five patterns in one package. I am now using Deplhy's Dashboard to check the files before i put them together with others in a package. I will have to remove the packages from the mods folder and try look trough them with the dashboard. How many cc files can you put into one package without it getting to big?

Gothic_Queen77
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum