Sims3 loading takes 4 hours.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims3 loading takes 4 hours.

Post by mirsha on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 05:46

Hi.My sims3 takes 4 hours to load.

The first loading (before selecting a family) takes about 5-7 minutes
and the second loading (after selecting a family) takes 3-4 hours.
also saving time is long.. about 5-7 minutes.
Everything is too slow and it drives me crazy.

My 4 hours family is on 9th generation and it's appalosa village.
I have showtime, pets, seasons, supernatural, ambitions, late night, generations.
My mods folder is 571MB.

I use laptop and it's SSD
it's window 10, intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200 CPU @ 2.20GHz(4CPUs) ~2.2GHz
8192MB RAM
DirectX12
Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

I can't post dxdiag because my language is not english so I think you can't read.
so if you need more information please tell me.


I've tried many solutions but nothing helped.

I played in vanila (no CCs) and it doesn't work. so I think it's not a item problem.
and I tried with a new family. and it's faster than 4 hours family though.. but it still takes about 1-2 hours and I think it's not normal.
and i've tried cleaning a village with Mastercore modes and it never helps.
also I cleaned caches and thumbnails and other stuffs...and it doesn't work.
low graphics.. i've tried.

maybe you'll think it's computer problem, but I'm still curious.
because when I use laptop which has lower specs, it worked well.
I changed laptop because the previous one had saving errors.
but after changing laptop, no saving error, no lags, but serious loading problems.

plus, 1920x1080 window screen is black.
I can hear the music and I think it's working well.
I've checked graphic driver and I saw two graphic cards- Intel and Nvidia.
I found a post which says deleting Intel graphic solved the problem.
So I delete Intel graphic, and it DESTROYED my cpu's display.

please help me......... Help Help Help Help Help Help

mirsha
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims3
Posts : 3
Points : 215
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims3 loading takes 4 hours.

Post by Tarac on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 10:17

Move your family to another lot. - Save the game.
Move them back - save the game again.

Not better ?

1. Rightclick on an open space on your desktop, select Nvidia en set your Nvidia graphics Card for the Sims 3 or set to Default for all graphics tasks. (3D configuration)
2. Do a CTRL+ALT+DEL (Taskmanager) - Startup - uncheck all items.
3. WINDOWSKEY + R  type msconfig in the small window and click on OK. Select Services. Check the box for hiding all Microsoft services. Uncheck all other remaining items except for your anti-virus and Nvidia Display Driver Service.
4. Reboot your computer.



Still not better ?
Please report.
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4208
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims3 loading takes 4 hours.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 15:13

mirsha wrote:
I found a post which says deleting Intel graphic solved the problem.
So I delete Intel graphic, and it DESTROYED my cpu's display.


Hello and welcome to the Forum @mirsha,

What if you start a new savegame, how long does it take to load there? Also what do you mean exactly by "it destroyed your display"?

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper




avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462
Points : 19188
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims3 loading takes 4 hours.

Post by mirsha on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 06:11

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
mirsha wrote:
I found a post which says deleting Intel graphic solved the problem.
So I delete Intel graphic, and it DESTROYED my cpu's display.


Hello and welcome to the Forum @mirsha,

What if you start a new savegame, how long does it take to load there? Also what do you mean exactly by "it destroyed your display"?

it takes about 1 hour.
my display was black and I couldn't see anything.

mirsha
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims3
Posts : 3
Points : 215
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims3 loading takes 4 hours.

Post by mirsha on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 06:13

Tarac wrote:Move your family to another lot. - Save the game.
Move them back - save the game again.

Not better ?

1. Rightclick on an open space on your desktop, select Nvidia en set your Nvidia graphics Card for the Sims 3 or set to Default for all graphics tasks. (3D configuration)
2. Do a CTRL+ALT+DEL (Taskmanager) - Startup - uncheck all items.
3. WINDOWSKEY + R  type msconfig in the small window and click on OK. Select Services. Check the box for hiding all Microsoft services. Uncheck all other remaining items except for your anti-virus and Nvidia Display Driver Service.
4. Reboot your computer.



Still not better ?
Please report.



I'm trying to follow the second solution but I can't start Nvidia setup.
I'll try and tell you later  Why God.

mirsha
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims3
Posts : 3
Points : 215
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims3 loading takes 4 hours.

Post by Tarac on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 10:40

Go to this page: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
Download the newest driver for your system. That will also install the Nvidia functions on your computer
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4208
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum