Should I enable or disable mods?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should I enable or disable mods?

Post by MissVxntage on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 19:09

Hello, I downloaded all the DLCs earlier and I got a message when I entered the game saying that if I choose to enable mods it could conflict with the new update. Will it actually make a difference if they are enabled or not?
MissVxntage
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I enable or disable mods?

Post by Shamrock on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 19:25

Hello,

It depends if your mods are up to date or not.
It is indeed correct that some non-up-to-date mods could conflict with the game update.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat_Eye on Wed 05 Apr 2017, 22:33

Yes, mods that aren't up to date can have an impact on the gameplay. And having a lot of them can also slow down your game if you don't have a good computer.
But other than that, they can improve the gaming experience a lot. I wouldn't enjoy the game so much without the mods.
So if you choose to have mods, you have to check them, when you update your game. on most sites people comment quickly if the mods no longer work properly.

Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Amesia the dark descent, Alien Isolation, Yandere Simulator, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Silent Hill, Silent hill 2, Persona 5
Male Posts : 244

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEdAcYrSwFBhrRZcX16h4sA

Back to top Go down

Post by candesco on Thu 06 Apr 2017, 01:15

You can just use mods. Things like clothing, hairs, cosmetics and other CAS things won't really mess things up. Only thing what can happen is that they don't show up, because of incompability. Though sometimes clothes can cause a problem, because they conflict then.
Scripting mods is an other story. Those need to be patch compatible. For example; MC Command Center from Deaderpool. The current one is version 3.3.1 and that one works with patch 1.28. That means it won't work with the version posted on this site, which is 1.25. So keep that in mind. As for CAS items; probably the newer ones won't work, but it just depends with which version that item was made. I know that ekinege uses the latest version of the game, so newer stuff from her doesn't show up. It probably has to do with the toddler update, to which EA changed code. So every clothing cc that is released before toddlers came out should work, though there are exceptions sometimes.

candesco
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Age of Empires II, Divinity II, Divinity Original Sin, The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights 2, Sacred 2, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Saints Row 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Black Desert Online
Male Posts : 62

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat_Eye on Thu 06 Apr 2017, 08:25

CC items can also cause problems, but that's rare.
With the previous update, a CAS accessory caused my game to not work, since it didn't load properly. 
It took me quite some time to figure it out since I suspected a script mode to be the cause.

Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Amesia the dark descent, Alien Isolation, Yandere Simulator, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Silent Hill, Silent hill 2, Persona 5
Male Posts : 244

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEdAcYrSwFBhrRZcX16h4sA

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum