Mods not working, tried just about everything

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods not working, tried just about everything

Post by Lolba on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 06:50

Hi everyone! As the title suggests I'm having a problem adding mods to the game.

My Sims 3 install works perfectly fine and I can play the game without issue, but I have been trying to install mods and thus far I have been without success. I downloaded the mod framework from modthesims, which includes Resource.cfg, an Overrides and Packages folder, and a couple of .package mods (NoIntro and Nosparkles).

>The mods folder is in my Sims 3 folder in My Documents, not in Program Files. Resource.cfg sits next to the Overrides and Packages folder. The mods I'm trying to get to work (nointro and nosparkles) are both .package files. My setup is straight out of the modthesims guide to modding.
>I have tried reinstalling the game.
>I have tried deleting the cache files.
>I have tried deleting the mod framework and starting from the beginning.

I'm running Windows 8.1. If anyone has any insight on how I can get mods to run, please share it. I must have done something wrong for it to not work, but I cannot figure out what. Thanks for reading.

Lolba
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mods not working, tried just about everything

Post by Aelinore on Mon 01 May 2017, 02:22

I think the two package files in that framework folder from the site do not work. I seem to recall having this same issue. I removed those files and my game worked with mods. I will look into my files see if I did anything else and get back to you if that does not help.
Aelinore
Quartermaster Rookie
Gallery Super-Seeker
Quartermaster Rookie Gallery Super-Seeker

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 4, Mass Effect Trilogy, Dragon Age series, Neverwinter online, Elder Scrolls Online
Female Posts : 175

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum