2 curiosities regarding sims 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 curiosities regarding sims 4

Post by ashnagar1013 on Sat 06 May 2017, 07:10

Hi! all

So i was googling about sims 4 and also searched here on home page too and didn't find anything regarding this but im just asking for the sake of confirming/curiosity:

Is the v 1.25.136.1020 the last update crack PERIOD (assuming its the same case as dragon age inquisition, for example, where the very last patch update has and will never be cracked..) or is there or will there be (possibly hopefully) crack update to the last official update (1.29.69.1020)?

But above's not the main question:

I have (used to play) sims 3 and the downloaded total size with all the EPs, SP and..other Ps...(before installation) was 26.4 GBs but when i was looking at the download size of sims 4: city living (reloaded) it says 18.5 GBs!!..is that correct?..coz thats..with better graphics, higher requirements and (from what i heard & read) more open-world-ness..a bit weird sounding to me, no!? (if so, the total size off the base+ updates till city living from here would be different, yes?...might someone lemme know the total size, if it's different that is and where/what i was looking was wrong?)

Thx

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Dragon Age Series, Mass Effect Series, Deus Ex 1, Riddick (both games), Max Payne 1&2, Tomb Raider 2013, Fallout 3&Vegas, Hitman Series, assassins creed IV, batman arkham series (minus knight)
Male Posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 curiosities regarding sims 4

Post by Tarac on Sat 06 May 2017, 11:23

Yes, at present version 1.25 is the lastest cracked version, so no toddlers, no vampires, no bowling.

Total download-size of the Sims 3 incl. all EP's, SP's is just under 14 GB in packed form.
Total download-size Sims 4, upto and incl. City Living in packed form = 13,4 GB.

packed-form = leaving out all duplicate files and folders in the various EP's, SP's etc. Obviously, the more EP's SP's the more duplicate files/folders
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 curiosities regarding sims 4

Post by asterisk0228 on Tue 09 May 2017, 07:24

ashnagar1013 wrote:and (from what i heard & read) more open-world-ness..a bit weird sounding to me, no!?

This doesn't answer your question, but I just wanted to address this since it might disappoint you greatly when you've already downloaded the full game + add-ons and discovered then that it's not actually open world. When you load into your first game it might seem like it, but then you discover that each part of your neighborhood is actually divided into even smaller parts: by zone, and by lot - so not open world. You can walk around public spaces within your neighborhood but entering another zone or lot, or traveling to other worlds (like Willow Creek to Windenburg), will trigger a loading screen. For example, you can walk around the area outside your home and walk towards the front of the lot of your neighbor next door, but once you step into their lot, this triggers a lading screen. Going into town to have fun at the bar? Loading screen. Going to your friend's house on another part of the neighborhood? Loading screen. Traveling to from your world to another world? Loading screen. You can't even see past the zone you're currently at in your neighborhood unlike the Sims 3 where you can just screen scroll from one edge of a world to another. You can't interact with places that are past your zone unless you "travel" to it through loading screen. This is the reason why there are no cars in the Sims 4 - you don't need it because LOADING SCREENS. And when your sims go to work or school, they just  fade out and disappear in front of your lot. With this kind of set up though, you can easily interact and form relationships with other sims from other worlds. For example, say your sim lives in Willow Creek, your sim's lover lives in Windenburg and you can have them go on a date at the Solar Flare Lounge in Oasis Springs. Everything is just one loading screen away.

asterisk0228
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum