G4TW sims not working. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

G4TW sims not working. [CLOSED]

Post by jelenap on Tue 16 May 2017, 15:25

Hey guys, so I'm downloading the G4TW The Sims 4 Update v1.29.69.1020 .. I deleted The Zclient & Zlorigin. I still have my G4TW game installed, up to City Living and also Tarac's version (that's working for me) but when I tried loading up my g4tw game, it just says 

" Unable to start. The contents of your data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play. [d6f91ffb]"

I should notice that both of games are installed in the different locations, G4TW version on 'C', and Tarac's version on 'D'. My update is downloading, so my question is - Will this update kinda 'repair' my game..? Thanks everyone!

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n
jelenap
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4
Female Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G4TW sims not working. [CLOSED]

Post by Tarac on Sun 20 May 2018, 12:08

@jelenap

Apologies for my late answer.

Ga to the folder Documents\Electeronic Arts\The Sims 4
Delete the file GameVersion.txt
Start your game again
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 3049

View user profile https://forumpages.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 20 May 2018, 12:59

Closing this topic, to prevent new users from posting in here (because the topic will show up as "active again").

@jelenap, if you happen to log in again and you still need help about this, feel free to message me here, and I can unlock the thread again.

And @Tarac, can we agree to not post in ancient Forum topics maybe, unless there is a good reason to? People generally don't login after such a long time, and despite your rather critical opinions about the "G4TW system", we will probably continue with the policy that users generally need to open their own/new topics.

Forum Rules // Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection // How YOU can help seeding!

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 Overview // How to install The Sims 3 // TS3 Expansion install checklist // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW, Site navigation & Support, if you don't get a reply after 24 hours of opening a new Forum topic!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T 4.
Male Posts : 16238

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum