Fix for endless household loading screen. [VERSION 1.30.105.1010]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fix for endless household loading screen. [VERSION 1.30.105.1010]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 16 May 2017, 21:17

Hello all!

People have been messaging us through various means asking about these issues with endless household loading screens, regarding the G4TW repack of "toddlers" (available on the G4TW Downloads Page).

1) One way of dealing with this:

Look at the guide here, and in particular from step #7 onwards (the step after applying the Toddlers-update):
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Follow the guide carefully until the end, and you should be able to play your game just fine.

2) Another way of dealing with this:

Since a lot of people forget to rename the "Game"-folder after installing the G4TW Toddlers-update, you could theoretically apply the fix at the very end as well (a.k.a. after installing ALL of the available G4TW The Sims 4 torrents/updates), provided you always download a fresh "Game"-folder from one of the download links at the end of this tutorial. Now, after you installed all the G4TW The Sims 4 torrents, go to where you installed The Sims 4 to. Then rename the Game folder. See my screenshot here. I renamed it to Game_ (you can rename it into whatever you like though, basically).

Once you renamed the folder, please download this fix here, from one of the mirrors. The current version is 1.30.105.1010.

(currently n/A)

This is another "Game" folder, packed in a .rar archive. You place that new Game-folder inside your The Sims 4 installation folder. In my above screenshot, the new "Game" is marked accordingly. Then you go inside the new "Game", then under Bin, and start the game with your TS4.exe. I noticed the game now takes a bit longer to start up, but by this method I was able to load my old savefile.

For any further issues or comments, please search The Sims 4 Downloads Support for existing troubleshooting discussions, or open a new topic if you feel you need more assistance. If you like, you can still post 'thank you'-notes under the thread here. Good luck for the time being! Smile

Mod edit on 04-06-2017: topic updated for game patch version 1.30.105.1010.

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 15:47; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13755

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fix for endless household loading screen. [VERSION 1.30.105.1010]

Post by coconut13 on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 20:34

I really appreciate that you sent the solution for this problem, I tried but nothing change Sad  I reinstalled and did the same thing as you do, but has no effect.. Did I miss something?

coconut13
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by raelaroux on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 01:39

im still having the same problem even with the new update and the patch. entering my forgotten hollow household leaves me waiting forever.
raelaroux
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims
Female Posts : 115

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkUkulele on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 08:11

It fixed the endless loading screen but now it jumps to the select world menu
PinkUkulele
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, World of Warcraft, Portal
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 09:06

Make sure you renamed or deleted the existing Game folder in your install folder
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 1547

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisAngel on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 12:13

I had the same problem yesterday, somehow I managed to fix it (by reinstalling the new patch and the fixes in a random order) and the game was working fine, I played for some hours, saved my game and then turned my PC off. Today I launched the game again but after 5 minutes of loading the household, it would get me back to the map selection. I excluded the folders from my anti-virus prog. and reinstalled the vampires and parenthood packs along with the patch and the fixes but still couldn't fix it.

NemesisAngel
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : the sims 3, the sims 4, assassin's creed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 12:40

I am going to close the thread for the time being at least. For any issues with endless loading screens or being thrown back to the household selection screen, please follow the instructions here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Also, make sure you actually also apply the latest 1.30.105.1010 update as well. All information you need is in the guide that I just linked to (the TS4 Must-read) and the opening post here as well. Sometimes mods or corrupted saves can have the issue as well, in which case try renaming the folder "The Sims 4" under Documents\Electronic Arts. Then re-start the game.

For further comments, please try searching other existing threads or open a new thread in one of the designated Support-sections.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13755

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum