Save file not being recognized

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Save file not being recognized

Post by electricsheep on Thu 18 May 2017, 04:02

Hi. After installing City Living + vampires, my save is "erased" every time I make a new household. The saves are still there, but the game won't recognize them. Does anyone know what's causing this?

Edit: I've redownloaded and reinstalled the game, no change. Am I the only one with this problem? Why God.
avatar
electricsheep
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Mass Effect
Posts : 3
Points : 162
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Save file not being recognized

Post by killer478 on Tue 30 May 2017, 03:17

try to install the game with ZLOrigin here tutorial made by tarac:


http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple




ZLOrigin its a Origin Cracked Client  so you can download all Sims 4 pack vampire (the last pack) and you can Update the Game too !! yaa its amazing 




You just need to make an account to login to the Origin cracked client  using ZLOrigin is the best ways to have lastest pack and updates 

_________________


The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob
You Need Help ? Pm me I Really like to help people. Cool 
alienuse ZLOrigin if you want all Sims 4 pack and lastest updates ! cracked


I Speak french too if you need help in french.
avatar
killer478
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Torrent download pirating CPY,SKidrow,1337x IGGames
Male Posts : 86
Points : 1718
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2013-05-30
Age : 28
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Save file not being recognized

Post by Ageha on Tue 30 May 2017, 16:56

electricsheep wrote:Hi. After installing City Living + vampires, my save is "erased" every time I make a new household. The saves are still there, but the game won't recognize them. Does anyone know what's causing this?

Edit: I've redownloaded and reinstalled the game, no change. Am I the only one with this problem? Why God.


Hi @electricsheep ,


Your saves might be corrupted and thus, the game won't be able to load it.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1742
Points : 2859
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Save file not being recognized

Post by electricsheep on Tue 30 May 2017, 17:02

Ageha wrote:
electricsheep wrote:Hi. After installing City Living + vampires, my save is "erased" every time I make a new household. The saves are still there, but the game won't recognize them. Does anyone know what's causing this?

Edit: I've redownloaded and reinstalled the game, no change. Am I the only one with this problem? Why God.


Hi @electricsheep ,


Your saves might be corrupted and thus, the game won't be able to load it.
I deleted the saves folder after this problem first happened and started a new game, it still happens.
avatar
electricsheep
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Mass Effect
Posts : 3
Points : 162
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Save file not being recognized

Post by Ageha on Tue 30 May 2017, 17:33

electricsheep wrote:I deleted the saves folder after this problem first happened and started a new game, it still happens.

Hmm, did you perhaps overwrite the save? Honestly, I've never seen this problem before and unsure what causes this. Could you screenshot your saves folder perhaps? 


PS: Is it for a new game or a new family under one game? You should be able to switch between different 'household game' with the load button however. 

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1742
Points : 2859
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Save file not being recognized

Post by electricsheep on Wed 31 May 2017, 23:36

Ageha wrote:
electricsheep wrote:I deleted the saves folder after this problem first happened and started a new game, it still happens.

Hmm, did you perhaps overwrite the save? Honestly, I've never seen this problem before and unsure what causes this. Could you screenshot your saves folder perhaps? 


PS: Is it for a new game or a new family under one game? You should be able to switch between different 'household game' with the load button however. 
I can switch families, it's all working fine unless I create a new household. I haven't seen this problem in any search I've made either, it's weird. Here's my saves folder:

avatar
electricsheep
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Mass Effect
Posts : 3
Points : 162
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Save file not being recognized

Post by Ageha on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 16:09

electricsheep wrote:I can switch families, it's all working fine unless I create a new household. I haven't seen this problem in any search I've made either, it's weird. Here's my saves folder:


Honestly, I think I'm lost at the moment. So,

  1. You can switch families -  meaning switching between households in ONE game right? So you can load up the file just fine.
  2. A new household - By selecting new game, OR did you create one in the same game?
  3. If you click on load, which files can you load up? Since there's 4 save files there. 

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1742
Points : 2859
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Save file not being recognized

Post by kellymf79 on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 01:33

I am also having an issue with saves. After installing the newest update (the game worked fine after the vampire/toddler update) I decided to start a new family. Once I went to place them in a neighborhood is when I noticed that all of my other families are missing. The sims that I created and the houses I used are still in my library but Newcrest is entirely empty (which is where I had about 7-8 families). My saves folder is still there and looks just as it did before the update. So I decided to go back into the game and start over. I didn't make it far because now I can't place a house on any lot. It makes the "building" sound and the screen changes but once the animation is over there is no house, just the same empty lot. I've tried it several times with the same outcome. This is the first time this has ever happened after an update so I'm not sure what to do.

Edit: I am not able to play at all. I click on the one family I have (that I just created) currently living on an empty lot and it takes me back to the loading screen then the world screen. There's also music playing over other music. So. many. glitches.

I do appreciate how fast the update was released but I would have rather waited and got an update that works. No shit, Sherlock.


Last edited by kellymf79 on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 02:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more problems)

_________________



avatar
kellymf79
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 27
Points : 965
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-10
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Save file not being recognized

Post by Ageha on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 15:56

Hi @kellymf79 ,


This issue is bug weird. At first look however, it sounds like a corrupted save. Also, just checking, when in the main menu, you click the load button instead of the play right? 


Alternately, you can try to move the .save file over to the desktop. For example Slot_00000003.save (don't move the 00000001), then rename the Slot_00000003.save.ver0 to just Slot_00000003.save

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1742
Points : 2859
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Save file not being recognized

Post by kellymf79 on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 21:55

Ageha wrote:Hi @kellymf79 ,


This issue is bug weird. At first look however, it sounds like a corrupted save. Also, just checking, when in the main menu, you click the load button instead of the play right? 


Alternately, you can try to move the .save file over to the desktop. For example Slot_00000003.save (don't move the 00000001), then rename the Slot_00000003.save.ver0 to just Slot_00000003.save

After doing some reading, the fix from ghostman has resolved the world map problem and families not loading. As for which button I used to play, when I first loaded the game I didn't have the option to load only to play. I guess because it wasn't recognizing the saves. Now that I went in and created a new family I have the option to load. When I clicked on it today my old saves were there so I was able to go to a previous save from a few days ago and it brought everything back. I do have a question about saves. Is it safe to delete old ones? If so, which ones are ok to go and which should stay?
avatar
kellymf79
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 27
Points : 965
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-10
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Save file not being recognized

Post by Tarac on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 22:36

Every update of the game locks out CC.
After an update you must manually make them available again in the Options menu
avatar
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267
Points : 4208
Reputation : 363
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 74
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Save file not being recognized

Post by Ageha on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 15:10

kellymf79 wrote:
After doing some reading, the fix from ghostman has resolved the world map problem and families not loading. As for which button I used to play, when I first loaded the game I didn't have the option to load only to play. I guess because it wasn't recognizing the saves. Now that I went in and created a new family I have the option to load. When I clicked on it today my old saves were there so I was able to go to a previous save from a few days ago and it brought everything back. I do have a question about saves. Is it safe to delete old ones? If so, which ones are ok to go and which should stay?


Old saves? But under the same slot right? For me I haven't deleted any under the same slot. If i'm not wrong they will only go up till .ver4 

  • Slot_00000002.save - main save file.

  • Slot_00000002.save.ver0/1/2/3/4 - older save versions. 4 being the oldest. You can safely delete .ver4 and 3 but take note that whenever there's a new save, the number will go down. so if you delete .ver4 now, .ver3 will be .ver4 after saving.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1742
Points : 2859
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Save file not being recognized

Post by kellymf79 on Sun 04 Jun 2017, 02:01

Ageha wrote:
kellymf79 wrote:
After doing some reading, the fix from ghostman has resolved the world map problem and families not loading. As for which button I used to play, when I first loaded the game I didn't have the option to load only to play. I guess because it wasn't recognizing the saves. Now that I went in and created a new family I have the option to load. When I clicked on it today my old saves were there so I was able to go to a previous save from a few days ago and it brought everything back. I do have a question about saves. Is it safe to delete old ones? If so, which ones are ok to go and which should stay?


Old saves? But under the same slot right? For me I haven't deleted any under the same slot. If i'm not wrong they will only go up till .ver4 

  • Slot_00000002.save - main save file.

  • Slot_00000002.save.ver0/1/2/3/4 - older save versions. 4 being the oldest. You can safely delete .ver4 and 3 but take note that whenever there's a new save, the number will go down. so if you delete .ver4 now, .ver3 will be .ver4 after saving.


I have 5 slots and each have the original slot plus versions 0-4. I thought that I could just delete the ones that date back to last year but maybe I should just leave it alone. I don't want to risk screwing anything up. As of now everything seems to be working. Thanks for all your help.

_________________



avatar
kellymf79
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 27
Points : 965
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-10
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum