The Sims 4 has stopped working problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 has stopped working problem

Post by Ula97 on Fri 19 May 2017, 08:49

Hi,

my problem is when I am trying to open TS4 I get the message "The Sims 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if solution is available." 

I should mention that I moved folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin games\ to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and avast responded immediately and interrupted with my game files so I restored windows to an earlier time when my The Sims 4 folder was still in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin games\. Then I turned off avast, moved The Sims 4 folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and finally added everything needed to exception list to avast (according to the manual on this site). I also deleted the old shortcut and created a new one, but now when I try to run the game I get the message "The Sims 4 has stopped working". At first I thought it was the Mods folder problem, but then I removed it and the problem still doesn't disappear.

I never had a problem with G4TW fixes before and I was always opening TS4 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin games\. I hope I don't need to download everything again (/every game), because my internet is extremely slow.

What should I do?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Ula97 on Fri 19 May 2017, 16:38; edited 1 time in total
Ula97
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 4 has stopped working problem

Post by Ula97 on Fri 19 May 2017, 16:37

Edit: I deleted The Sims 4 folder in C:\Program Files (x86) and uninstalled leftover file with Your uninstaller! Pro. Currently I am waiting for The Sims 4 G4TW torrent to download so I can install an entire game again.  Why.
Ula97
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: