Mods not working after update...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mods not working after update...

Post by avere on Sun 21 May 2017, 20:17

It's been literally two days and I did just about everything and it's still not showing up in my game. When I updated the game, my mods were nowhere to be found. I removed them, played vanilla, and added them back. Still nothing. I uninstalled the game completely and even removed the mods folder to create a fresh one. I repeated the same steps and still nothing. I even read up on previous forums and did what was suggested...still nothing. Is it just me that's having this problem? If anyone have this same problem and was able to fix it please reply...

avere
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mods not working after update...

Post by Loonieloose on Sun 21 May 2017, 22:02

Are they actually activated in Game? If you load the game do they show at startup?
Check if they are ticked in Game options, advanced, There you will find twi blocks, one for mods, the other one for script mods. Both must be ticked.

Loonieloose
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 132

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by avere on Sun 21 May 2017, 22:37

@Loonieloose wrote:Are they actually activated in Game? If you load the game do they show at startup?
Check if they are ticked in Game options, advanced, There you will find twi blocks, one for mods, the other one for script mods. Both must be ticked.
Yes, they are. Whenever I add a small amount mods, I get stuck at the loading screen so I don't know if they are loaded in properly...

avere
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loonieloose on Mon 22 May 2017, 08:35

But that means there is a problem mod in that small amount.  Have you got script mods and new custom traits etc stuff? something that alters things in CAS? Does the Game run smoothly without the mods? If yes, than you have to find it. Did you remove tray and saves file as well? In there the problem mod can be causing havoc as well!

Loonieloose
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 132

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by InfiniteIndigo on Mon 22 May 2017, 08:42

Are you adding any hacks that might need updating to newer versions, or are the files all CAS/decorating-type cc? Do you have anything like a custom CAS background or something that changes what the load screen looks like or anything like that?

When I updated to the 1.29 patch, I backed up all of the important folders (mods, saves, Tray, screenshots, etc.) and uninstalled the game, then deleted both the Documents/Sims 4 folder AND the Program Files/Sims 4 folder (the one the contains the ts4.exe file). Reinstalled and played the game vanilla for a while, then slowly added in basic cc like accessories, makeup, etc., then tested and played for a while, and then added the other items back to the game in batches (clothes, hair, object sets, etc.), then tested and added hacks, and finally Tray items and Saves. IF you have to reinstall, you can try this method, and maybe you'll be able to pinpoint the issue. It could be a rogue cc item or two that could be causing a problem, and even though you're adding them back in small batches it could be among those few.
InfiniteIndigo
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims (1 thru 4), Skyrim, Cities:Skylines, Mass Effect (all), Destiny, Civiliztion V, Civilization VI, Stellaris
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum