can only control one sim in household?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

can only control one sim in household?

Post by kitsie on Wed 24 May 2017, 11:12

I just finished installing the latest update for the sims 4 (from here, course) + the fix for not being able to load the savefiles and was able to load into the game and everything.

My household atm is two sims + baby, and all three members can be seen when the household is selected in manage worlds, however when I load the household I can only control one of the sims (the one I originally created). The other sim + baby are still in the house and act as if they're in the household, but their portraits don't show up, so I can't switch control to them.

I've tried loading the game again + resetting the sims individually, which makes no difference, and adding or moving them into the household isn't an option so evidently the game still considers them a part of it.

Does anyone have a fix or an idea as to what's causing this?  Help

edit: tried to edit the household in cas to see what would happen; only that sim showed up, and having exited cas, the other sim + baby have disappeared and no longer exist, at all

kitsie
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims & skyrim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: can only control one sim in household?

Post by barbsprangs on Tue 30 May 2017, 20:25

I'm having the exact same problem, I've got no CC/mods, and applied the fix. Really stuck as to what's causing it.

barbsprangs
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: can only control one sim in household?

Post by kitsie on Tue 30 May 2017, 20:32

@barbsprangs wrote:I'm having the exact same problem, I've got no CC/mods, and applied the fix. Really stuck as to what's causing it.

I wish I could be more helpful, but personally I found that my problem arose from a script mod that broke with the update. Removing it fixed the problem for me. I'd say to check that you don't have any mods but it'd be pretty obvious if you did + I wouldn't want to be insulting. Sorry that's not gravely helpful, but I hope that you can find the source of the issue that you're having

kitsie
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims & skyrim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum