Generations failing so much

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Generations failing so much

Post by dellafiamma on Mon 02 Jan 2012, 20:14

Admin wrote:
@dellafiamma wrote:I did indeed use the crack from you fix and install it in the base game but it is still saying"no game disc found. please insert the sims 3 game disc and press continue". What could be the problem? I only have Generations, World Adventures, Late Night, and Ambitions. Refreshing the update pages says my game is up to date as well.

If I put in the final crack for all three new expansions it doesn't ask for a disc but when I push play the launcher freezes and game never opens.

sounds like the same problem.
Hello,

Please read this too: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1850-i-installed-the-sims-3-generations-and-or-town-life-stuff-and-or-pets-but-it-keeps-asking-please-insert-cd-dvd-fix-updated-26-10-2011
And if you have any more problems, please open your own topic, so we can provide more personal help.

I did, before I ever started installing Generations. I installed it in the base game, as I said in my post above. I have double and triple checked it. It was put in The Sims 3/ not any expansion pack. It doesn't work though. And, as above, sayss there is no updates needed and freezes when I put in the final crack.

dellafiamma
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Generations failing so much

Post by Adwomin on Mon 02 Jan 2012, 20:22

Hello,

Which crack did you copy?
You have to copy the .dll and .exe file that are in the "# Crack" folder in the Ultimate Fix, and NOT the ones that are in the "Pets", "Generations" and/or "Town Life Stuff" folders! Those are the original files, not cracks.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by dellafiamma on Mon 02 Jan 2012, 20:28

Yes, that is the one I copied from. I did each on according to the Expansions I have, in the order they are listed in the installation guide. Then As per instructions, I tried to open the launcher and update the game like it says and it tells me there are no updates. If I try to play at this stage, it asks for a disk. So I go on to the last step there and copy over the ones from the # Crack directory into the base game, and try to play again and at this point the launcher freezes and the game never starts.

dellafiamma
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 02 Jan 2012, 20:29

@dellafiamma wrote:Yes, that is the one I copied from. I did each on according to the Expansions I have, in the order they are listed in the installation guide. Then As per instructions, I tried to open the launcher and update the game like it says and it tells me there are no updates. If I try to play at this stage, it asks for a disk. So I go on to the last step there and copy over the ones from the # Crack directory into the base game, and try to play again and at this point the launcher freezes and the game never starts.
Hello,

Try starting without the launcher: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1212-how-to-start-the-sims-3-without-the-launcher-fix

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by dellafiamma on Mon 02 Jan 2012, 20:39

All of my expansion came from here but the base game came from the pirate bay a while back. Would that require a different crack? If so would it be better to re-download from this site?

Last edited by dellafiamma on Mon 02 Jan 2012, 20:42; edited 1 time in total

dellafiamma
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 02 Jan 2012, 20:42

@dellafiamma wrote:All of my expansion came from here but the base game came from the pirate bay a while back. Would that require a different crack? If so would it be better to re-download from this site?
Hello,

No, the cracks are the same, but the only condition is that your base game and the expansions must be non-modified installers. I'm not sure where you got the base game from, so I can't tell whether it's modified or not.
If you want to be sure, you can try to download our version. Though, applying the Fix correctly, should also fix your problem.

You can choose. If you need help applying the Fix, you can contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online. I'll then try to fix the problem for you via TeamViewer.
I'm online now, however I'm leaving soon, so I can't do it now.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by dellafiamma on Mon 02 Jan 2012, 20:45

I thought they would be the same. Well I may try re-downloading it. Maybe the version I have just isn't compatible. It worked with the previous crack I had but it seems to really hate this one. Then if it doesn't work after that perhaps you can see a problem I'm missing with TeamViewer. Thank you for all the help so far.

dellafiamma
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 02 Jan 2012, 20:48

@dellafiamma wrote:I thought they would be the same. Well I may try re-downloading it. Maybe the version I have just isn't compatible. It worked with the previous crack I had but it seems to really hate this one. Then if it doesn't work after that perhaps you can see a problem I'm missing with TeamViewer. Thank you for all the help so far.
Hello,

You're welcome.
Good idea, just let me know the result here.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Tue 03 Jan 2012, 07:14

Hello,
Check your base game version anyway, even if the launcher is telling you there are no updates. Just hover your mousepointer over the base game icon found in the lower left corner of the launcher. If its not 1.29, try the manual update as you're applying the fix.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)