Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by owlt0wn on Sat 27 May 2017, 18:03

Can't even access the new 'update-only' ultimate fix because it isn't on the download site it should apparently be on.

owlt0wn
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Overwatch, Friday The 13th: The Game, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm
Posts : 4
Points : 36
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by Ɛɗιη on Sat 27 May 2017, 20:28

//Topic moved.


Hello,


Are you getting an error with the download?
You should know that the "update only" fix removes all of your DLC. It's probably best to focus at the Origin error at this point. Look here and here for possible solutions.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15091
Points : 19933
Reputation : 1425
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by owlt0wn on Mon 29 May 2017, 12:55

@Ɛɗιη wrote://Topic moved.


Hello,


Are you getting an error with the download?
You should know that the "update only" fix removes all of your DLC. It's probably best to focus at the Origin error at this point. Look here and here for possible solutions.
First link has the ultimate fix page, which I can't get because the download link has been removed? :c
The download link on the second link you provided got rid of the Origin error, but now my game stops responding instead...

owlt0wn
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Overwatch, Friday The 13th: The Game, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm
Posts : 4
Points : 36
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by Ageha on Mon 29 May 2017, 15:48

Hi there!


It it the infamous 'sims 4 has stopped working error'? This may sound bad but so far, only one method, or rather a misplaced file, works. So to be sure, check that your path file is correct and you place everything in the correct folder/path. There's a 1% chance that it happened so you can take a look at this thread here


My alternate reply can be found here including a link to my reply to an 'online workaround' or you can view it immediately here.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV
Female Posts : 759
Points : 1605
Reputation : 125
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by owlt0wn on Tue 30 May 2017, 17:40

@Ageha wrote:Hi there!


It it the infamous 'sims 4 has stopped working error'? This may sound bad but so far, only one method, or rather a misplaced file, works. So to be sure, check that your path file is correct and you place everything in the correct folder/path. There's a 1% chance that it happened so you can take a look at this thread here


My alternate reply can be found here including a link to my reply to an 'online workaround' or you can view it immediately here.
The file and folder pathing is all correct. I followed the installation guide without running into any problems.

Is there no other solution available right now other than ZLOrigin?

I've tried removing specific game files, as well.

owlt0wn
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Overwatch, Friday The 13th: The Game, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm
Posts : 4
Points : 36
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by Ageha on Tue 30 May 2017, 17:52

@owlt0wn wrote:The file and folder pathing is all correct. I followed the installation guide without running into any problems.

Is there no other solution available right now other than ZLOrigin?

I've tried removing specific game files, as well.




When the app crash, or rather stopped working, do you know what causes it? So far for legit games, they are able to repair theirs via origin. So unless we know exactly why the game crash then there's not much we can do. 


Just double checking: Your pc meets all the requirement, yes? And there's no 'heavy' apps running in the background?
'

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV
Female Posts : 759
Points : 1605
Reputation : 125
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by owlt0wn on Tue 30 May 2017, 17:58

@Ageha wrote:
@owlt0wn wrote:The file and folder pathing is all correct. I followed the installation guide without running into any problems.

Is there no other solution available right now other than ZLOrigin?

I've tried removing specific game files, as well.




When the app crash, or rather stopped working, do you know what causes it? So far for legit games, they are able to repair theirs via origin. So unless we know exactly why the game crash then there's not much we can do. 


Just double checking: Your pc meets all the requirement, yes? And there's no 'heavy' apps running in the background?
'
I don't know the cause, sadly, no. I was able to play the game one time the first time I installed it, before adding the DLC(with perfect fps). I created my character and my house, then quit, added the DLC, and then got the Origins error. I followed a fix you posted here earlier, and now I get the Not Responding error.

I mostly have Steam/Blizzard App/Discord running at all times, but I turned everything that my computer didn't need off and then tried running the game and I still got the crash.

owlt0wn
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Overwatch, Friday The 13th: The Game, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm
Posts : 4
Points : 36
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by Verluchi on Wed 31 May 2017, 13:21

Same issues here, i downloaded The Sims 4 and all its DLC, installed the base game and copy pasted the DLC into the root folder of the Sims. Then it asks for Origin.

I think i have reinstalled this game like 5 times already with a new attempt each time, i have cleaned the cache, reinstalled Origin, redownloaded the files, the Ultimate fix doesn't exist anymore so nothing about that and i tried the new no-origin patch but that just breaks the game.

Anything else i can try? Running out of options
Edit: Yes my virus is excluded

Verluchi
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Space Engineers
Posts : 2
Points : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by Tarac on Wed 31 May 2017, 13:29

@Verluchi wrote:Same issues here, i downloaded The Sims 4 and all its DLC, installed the base game and copy pasted the DLC into the root folder of the Sims. Then it asks for Origin.

I think i have reinstalled this game like 5 times already with a new attempt each time, i have cleaned the cache, reinstalled Origin, redownloaded the files, the Ultimate fix doesn't exist anymore so nothing about that and i tried the new no-origin patch but that just breaks the game.

Anything else i can try? Running out of options
Edit: Yes my virus is excluded
Did you install them ALL and in the correct sequence ?
1. Base game
2. Get to Work
3. Get Together
4. City Living
5. Toddlers/Vampires

Regarding item 5, did you (also in that order):
a. Download the torrent and extracted with Winrar
b. Added the language files to the download
c. Added the new Game folder to the download

and just then

d. Added it all to your installation folder ?
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 1575
Points : 3229
Reputation : 212
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by Verluchi on Wed 31 May 2017, 13:30

@Tarac wrote:
@Verluchi wrote:Same issues here, i downloaded The Sims 4 and all its DLC, installed the base game and copy pasted the DLC into the root folder of the Sims. Then it asks for Origin.

I think i have reinstalled this game like 5 times already with a new attempt each time, i have cleaned the cache, reinstalled Origin, redownloaded the files, the Ultimate fix doesn't exist anymore so nothing about that and i tried the new no-origin patch but that just breaks the game.

Anything else i can try? Running out of options
Edit: Yes my virus is excluded
Did you install them ALL and in the correct sequence ?
1. Base game
2. Get to Work
3. Get Together
4. City Living
5. Toddlers/Vampires

Regarding item 5, did you (also in that order):
a. Download the torrent and extracted with Winrar
b. Added the language files to the download
c. Added the new Game folder to the download

and just then

d. Added it all to your installation folder ?

I'm going to give that zlOrigin a go to see if that works. If not i will come back to you if your solution worked  Very Happy

Verluchi
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Space Engineers
Posts : 2
Points : 28
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by Ageha on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 15:20

@owlt0wn wrote:I don't know the cause, sadly, no. I was able to play the game one time the first time I installed it, before adding the DLC(with perfect fps). I created my character and my house, then quit, added the DLC, and then got the Origins error. I followed a fix you posted here earlier, and now I get the Not Responding error.

I mostly have Steam/Blizzard App/Discord running at all times, but I turned everything that my computer didn't need off and then tried running the game and I still got the crash.

It seems that the latest DLC is causing this problem more frequently for most users. Did you add ALL the DLCs? (Just checking to eliminate problems, really). Also, next time the app crash, there should pop-up box indicating what causes the error. So you can take a look at that. Other than that, try starting the game with TS4.exe instead. 

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV
Female Posts : 759
Points : 1605
Reputation : 125
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum