ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Tarac on Wed 31 May 2017, 13:15

Although it is amazing what zloemu is doing, we must also bear in mind that;
"The more people use it, the less income for game-developers".

In the end this will result in people like Electronic Arts deciding to stop their developments in new games / expansions.
Granted, groups as Reloaded also made it possible to download games but I fear for a worldwide run on ZLOrigin's downloads.
When in nearby future also Steam gets cracked in a simular way it's the end of the commercial game-industry.

I admit, I use ZLOrigin myself, but it won't stop me buying the official games as well.



Mod edit: moved to "The Sims Emporium".

- The_gh0stm4n

avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053
Points : 3889
Reputation : 330
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Elena Jackson on Wed 31 May 2017, 13:27

@Tarac wrote:Although it is amazing what zloemu is doing, we must also bear in mind that;
"The more people use it, the less income for game-developers".

In the end this will result in people like Electronic Arts deciding to stop their developments in new games / expansions.
Granted, groups as Reloaded also made it possible to download games but I fear for a worldwide run on ZLOrigin's downloads.
When in nearby future also Steam gets cracked in a simular way it's the end of the commercial game-industry.

I admit, I use ZLOrigin myself, but it won't stop me buying the official games as well.
I thought ZlOrigin was safe and hard to deal with...

Elena Jackson
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : Sims
Female Posts : 47
Points : 146
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Tarac on Wed 31 May 2017, 13:32

Yes, sofar it is safe and hard to deal with (or rather against).

That's just my point. It's all so easy. Why buy the games anymore ?
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053
Points : 3889
Reputation : 330
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Elena Jackson on Wed 31 May 2017, 13:39

@Tarac wrote:Yes, sofar it is safe and hard to deal with (or rather against).

That's just my point. It's all so easy. Why buy the games anymore ?
PC games have been cracked for years, including the games from EA/Maxis. I'm and many of us hope that they will not find a way to block the reloaded groups or the alternative way of ZLOrigin. They only blocked the gallery for the crack users when we want to log in but it does not affect me or what so ever. Like i said, i hope you will stay longer and nothing bad happens.

Elena Jackson
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : Sims
Female Posts : 47
Points : 146
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Tarac on Wed 31 May 2017, 13:41

@Elena Jackson wrote:
@Tarac wrote:Yes, sofar it is safe and hard to deal with (or rather against).

That's just my point. It's all so easy. Why buy the games anymore ?
PC games have been cracked for years, including the games from EA/Maxis. I'm and many of us hope that they will not find a way to block the reloaded groups or the alternative way of ZLOrigin. They only blocked the gallery for the crack users when we want to log in but it does not affect me or what so ever. Like i said, i hope you will stay longer and nothing bad happens.
When you really want access to the Gallery, just buy the base game.
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053
Points : 3889
Reputation : 330
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Elena Jackson on Wed 31 May 2017, 13:45

@Tarac wrote:
@Elena Jackson wrote:
@Tarac wrote:Yes, sofar it is safe and hard to deal with (or rather against).

That's just my point. It's all so easy. Why buy the games anymore ?
PC games have been cracked for years, including the games from EA/Maxis. I'm and many of us hope that they will not find a way to block the reloaded groups or the alternative way of ZLOrigin. They only blocked the gallery for the crack users when we want to log in but it does not affect me or what so ever. Like i said, i hope you will stay longer and nothing bad happens.
When you really want access to the Gallery, just buy the base game.
I was able to log into the Gallery when i tried the demo version 2 years ago aha.. now i'm just using websites to download lots.

Elena Jackson
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : Sims
Female Posts : 47
Points : 146
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Misfit203 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 07:02

@Tarac wrote:I admit, I use ZLOrigin myself, but it won't stop me buying the official games as well.

Agreed.... I have a huge colection of legit sims games and packs and though i often resort to not so legit measures, it doesnt stop me from buying what i can, when i can.

Gotta support the devs, dont wanna see this game become another simcity.

_________________

avatar
Misfit203
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10
  • .
  • .

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (All of Em) :) , GTA, Need for speed, Mafia, Mortal Kombat, Batman, Dead or Alive, Saints Row, Far Cry, SILENT HILL! :) , Resident evil, Final Fantasy, Call of duty, Ghost recon
Male Posts : 385
Points : 2510
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2012-03-06
Age : 46
Location : Florida, USA

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/TheCapeCoralStorm

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by jelenap on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 20:15

Can anyone point me to the site where I can download Zclient? I know links aren't allowed, so maybe like name of the site would be great!  There is one on Tarac's site, but my browser won't let me download it.. I can't find it anywhere.  Why God.
avatar
jelenap
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4
Female Posts : 8
Points : 168
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-21
Age : 23
Location : Serbia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Tarac on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 20:33

@jelenap wrote:Can anyone point me to the site where I can download Zclient? I know links aren't allowed, so maybe like name of the site would be great!  There is one on Tarac's site, but my browser won't let me download it.. I can't find it anywhere.  Why God.
see http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple#
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053
Points : 3889
Reputation : 330
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by jelenap on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 20:45

@Tarac wrote:
@jelenap wrote:Can anyone point me to the site where I can download Zclient? I know links aren't allowed, so maybe like name of the site would be great!  There is one on Tarac's site, but my browser won't let me download it.. I can't find it anywhere.  Why God.
see http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple#
I got it to work! Now, when I download the latest "parenthood' in Zlorigin, will it conflict with my previous crack from g4tw ?
avatar
jelenap
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4
Female Posts : 8
Points : 168
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-21
Age : 23
Location : Serbia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Cat_Eye on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 21:00

Hasn't this zlorigin been around for some time? Anyway, I doubt it will mean the end of games. Cause most other games get cracked really soon and that has the exact same effect. And most people that use cracked games have them because they can't afford the legit ones. That is also the case with me. I'm a student and I don't have a job right now, since what I'm studying as well as the place where I live makes it really hard to find a job that lasts longer than a month. In a year I should be done and have a master's degree. Then if I get a job, I'll very likely buy the base game for sure.
Till then I make sure that I spent every cent wisely on things that I really need. Heck, my only vacation last year was that I went on a one day trip to the sea twice. Most of my time gets taken up with things related to the faculty and other work.

Next to the frequnt updates from ZLOrigin, I'm very glad that we can now have different usernames and not just that "RLD!" when we save our sims/houses. Really disliked that.

_________________
You can download my sims here. Feel free to use them however you want.
avatar
Cat_Eye
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Amesia the dark descent, Alien Isolation, Yandere Simulator, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Silent Hill, Silent hill 2, Persona 5
Male Posts : 226
Points : 551
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2016-11-21
Age : 24
Location : Slovenia

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEdAcYrSwFBhrRZcX16h4sA

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Flawless on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 13:05

Hi! New user here. I agree with Cat_Eye regarding buying legit games. I live in an unfortunate country where corruption is rampant and the economy is really bad that the currency value here of RM 4.28 equals to 1 USD which is 4 times the amount of 1 US Dollar. They do not sell legit physical nor digital copy of any sims  game here in my country so the only means of getting the game for me is trough Origin. Not only that, they also charges extra Tax for the game in Origin. It's like the game could not get more expensive for us people outside of the US or Europe. As of now the base game (without sale) is $69.90 in Origin. That equals to RM 299.26. I am not spending a whopping RM 300 on a base game. Even with sale I think the cheapest price I saw was at $25 but that's still RM 107 which is enough money to feed me for a week. Being a college student couldn't be more more helpful. 
We people from third world countries benefit the most from generous game crackers that we couldn't thank them enough. We would have not been able to play Sims at all if not because of G4TW, Reloaded, people from ZLOEmu and other scenes. People from developed countries shouldn't take the game for granted. If you can afford the game, buy it. I'm not saying all people from developed countries can afford the game, okay? I'm aware that there are people with unfortunate financial circumstances all over the world. If I could spare RM 107 without sacrificing my other basic needs I would have at least bought the base game to support the developers so that they can continue making the game better even though I know $25 barely means anything to them.  
I just can't brain how people who enjoys the game and can easily afford to buy the game with all its DLCs and yet still refuses to pay a single cent to support the game developers. Come live and work in my country  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Flawless
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims
Posts : 5
Points : 90
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by PurpleRamen on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 20:16

Absolutely agree with Flawless. When you do the conversion to my currency and compare what you can do with it, it's like the entire Sims 4 game is about 700 dollars. I'm also agree about buying original games to support developers and still I really do it whenever I can, especially for my PS4 games. I don't condemn piracy because, heck, I'm also on this train and I'm not expecting everyone to afford the games. When I really get my own money, I'm planning on buying original although I know it ends up picey for me. Oh well, I don't blame devs to live by dollars, it's just so unfortunate my currency is so weak right now.

_________________
Yours truly,
PR-CM
avatar
PurpleRamen
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Age of Empires, Second Son, Assassin's Creed
Male Posts : 8
Points : 99
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-31
Age : 23
Location : Bogotá, Colombia

View user profile http://instagram.com/camilomujica

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Cat_Eye on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 21:04

Yeah, it's ridiculous how games in countries where the wages are lower end up being more expensive. But that's not the only thing. My father works in Germany and several everyday products are way cheaper there, despite people in Germany earning way more than in my country.

_________________
You can download my sims here. Feel free to use them however you want.
avatar
Cat_Eye
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Amesia the dark descent, Alien Isolation, Yandere Simulator, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Silent Hill, Silent hill 2, Persona 5
Male Posts : 226
Points : 551
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2016-11-21
Age : 24
Location : Slovenia

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEdAcYrSwFBhrRZcX16h4sA

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by candesco on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 23:49

In the days of Napster and the rise of mp3 it was then also said it would destroy the music industry. It's 2017 now and the music industry is still there, but it has changed.  And earlier on you used cassettes to record tracks from the radio.
Games and software are cracked for a long time now. And it's still living. Creation Suite from Adobe is cracked every time there is a new version, yet Adobe is still there and still makes that suite. Windows is same thing, Office also.
The end of games is not with things like ZLOrigin, but more with the attitude of the publishers and developers. Not all of them, but especially the big guys like Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Activision-Blizzard, Capcom, Square Enix, Bethesda Softworks, Microsoft. First they came with DRM such as Starforce and Securom. And now they come with Denuvo. They still don't learn their lesson and are greedy as hell. Next to the DRM stuff they decided to cut a game into pieces. You don't get a full game anymore. No, instead you get some half baked thing and are then presented with 1001 dlc's which you have to buy each. In the 90s and early 00s you got a full game, without cutout content and without DRM stuff or activation garbage. THAT kind of behaviour is killing the industry. Luckily there are some exceptions, like Larian. Larian knows at least how to value their customers and doesn't come with denuvo crap and activation stuff. And their games are full games, full and not some beta product which is even stripped and where the missing pieces are sold as dlc's or gamepacks or whatever they name it, like EA and Capcom do. CdProjekt Red is a good studio as well.
Honestly, i wouldn't mind if The Sims would stop after this weak release. It will never be that good as The Sims 2 and 3 (the living sims of the sims 2 and the little things and the dynamic open world of the sims 3)

I still buy games as well, but only if they are worth it. I refuse games with Denuvo, though i have bought Dragon Age: Inquisition (found out later it has denuvo)
I like to buy games in a jewelcase and with a manual, but since it's more and more online, i also buy on Steam and on GoG and sometimes on Origin. Next to that i play MMORPG's as well, but some are buy to play, such as Black Desert. Bought Black Desert through pre-order. Bought Elder Scrolls Online as well. And i play some f2p mmorpg's as well, such as Aion (NA server).
I don't use this ZLOrigin though.

candesco
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Age of Empires II, Divinity II, Divinity Original Sin, The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights 2, Sacred 2, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Saints Row 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Black Desert Online
Male Posts : 59
Points : 370
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2016-10-29
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Aɾყα on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 00:01

I was born and raised a pirate. My father pirated software and games before the internet was a thing. But now that I can afford to, I buy my games (on Steam).
I don't think anyone who can afford games, will download them illegally. But maybe I'm too optimistic? There used to be a time that I pirated everything (with the exception of the Elder Scrolls series). If pirating had never been a thing, I simply never would've been a gamer, because I couldn't have afforded the games if I wanted to.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105
Points : 20016
Reputation : 1430
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 10 Aug 2017, 21:46

@Tarac wrote:When in nearby future also Steam gets cracked in a simular way it's the end of the commercial game-industry.


It should be noted though that a lot of Steam games (the singleplayer-ones at least) already tend to get cracked very quickly, and also kept updated. The Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, Hollow Knight, Hacknet, The Long Dark, Stardew Valley, to just name a few. Not even mentioning the countless other management/simulation games, etc. Without the need of a "zlSteam" or something similar.

If someone genuinely wants to support a particular game developer, they will do so regardless of the 'format' of cracked games. And as said elsewhere, things like the ZlOrigin or a hypothetical ZlSteam will mostly appeal to people who are technically less versed, and therefore prefer an easy-to-use platform to fulfill their cracked games-needs.

P.S. and yes, despite the availability of many cracked singleplayer-games for Steam, I have purchased many Steam games to support the developers. Notably Nicalis Games, Bethesda Softworks & 2K Games, to name again just a few. And I am intending to keep doing so in the future as well.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18713
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by Tarac on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 18:39

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Tarac wrote:When in nearby future also Steam gets cracked in a simular way it's the end of the commercial game-industry.


It should be noted though that a lot of Steam games (the singleplayer-ones at least) already tend to get cracked very quickly, and also kept updated. The Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, Hollow Knight, Hacknet, The Long Dark, Stardew Valley, to just name a few. Not even mentioning the countless other management/simulation games, etc. Without the need of a "zlSteam" or something similar.

If someone genuinely wants to support a particular game developer, they will do so regardless of the 'format' of cracked games. And as said elsewhere, things like the ZlOrigin or a hypothetical ZlSteam will mostly appeal to people who are technically less versed, and therefore prefer an easy-to-use platform to fulfill their cracked games-needs.

P.S. and yes, despite the availability of many cracked singleplayer-games for Steam, I have purchased many Steam games to support the developers. Notably Nicalis Games, Bethesda Softworks & 2K Games, to name again just a few. And I am intending to keep doing so in the future as well.
Although I always played with pirated Sims (due to questions on my forum), I have purchased all of the Sims1, 2 and 3, the Sims stories, Medieval and the Sims 4 EP's and GP's
Sims games via ZLOrigin however are so easy to download with automatic installation that it is a very tempting solution, especially as Sims 2 and Sims 4 can be played off-line as well.
(I'm still looking for a way to play Sims 3 off line)
Mind you, 1 download or update for all DLC's on the Sims 4, no additional updates, cracks, fixes. New expansions within 24 hours of releasedate.
Playing Sims 4 on-line via ZLorigin and off-line via f.e. G4TW cracks, all from the same installationfolder on your PC.
It sounds too good to be true, but it is true.
avatar
Tarac
Quartermaster General
Honorary Team Member
Quartermaster General Honorary Team Member

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2053
Points : 3889
Reputation : 330
Join date : 2013-09-14
Age : 73
Location : The Netherlands

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Re: ZLOrigin, the end of games as we know them?

Post by KidDude on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 23:56

@Flawless wrote:
Hi! New user here. I agree with Cat_Eye regarding buying legit games. I live in an unfortunate country where corruption is rampant and the economy is really bad that the currency value here of RM 4.28 equals to 1 USD which is 4 times the amount of 1 US Dollar. They do not sell legit physical nor digital copy of any sims  game here in my country so the only means of getting the game for me is trough Origin. Not only that, they also charges extra Tax for the game in Origin. It's like the game could not get more expensive for us people outside of the US or Europe. As of now the base game (without sale) is $69.90 in Origin. That equals to RM 299.26. I am not spending a whopping RM 300 on a base game. Even with sale I think the cheapest price I saw was at $25 but that's still RM 107 which is enough money to feed me for a week. Being a college student couldn't be more more helpful. 
We people from third world countries benefit the most from generous game crackers that we couldn't thank them enough. We would have not been able to play Sims at all if not because of G4TW, Reloaded, people from ZLOEmu and other scenes. People from developed countries shouldn't take the game for granted. If you can afford the game, buy it. I'm not saying all people from developed countries can afford the game, okay? I'm aware that there are people with unfortunate financial circumstances all over the world. If I could spare RM 107 without sacrificing my other basic needs I would have at least bought the base game to support the developers so that they can continue making the game better even though I know $25 barely means anything to them.  
I just can't brain how people who enjoys the game and can easily afford to buy the game with all its DLCs and yet still refuses to pay a single cent to support the game developers. Come live and work in my country  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

My country is more corrupted, 21 Pounds a dollar and things are extremely expensive.

//EDIT


I have a whole bunch of games on steam, most of them are for 2$ (Bought on sales) and like a couple 10$ ones bought through 4 years I guess.
They are all Multi-player (as of course someone like me won't buy a single player game).
avatar
KidDude
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4
Male Posts : 89
Points : 505
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2016-07-31
Location : Egypt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum