The Sims 4 Parenthood OUT NOW!

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sims 4 Parenthood OUT NOW!

Post by angel15158 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 10:27

Tarac wrote:
angel15158 wrote:Do I still need to both or just that one?

Thank you!
Don't understand what you mean to say
oops! I meant if I needed to have both downloads installed or just the new one you posted

angel15158
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amxlia21 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 10:29

I was SO happy when I saw the email in my inbox! Couldn't believe it! And there I was thinking I'd have to wait months--you're all amazing!

amxlia21
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughust on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 10:37

amxlia21 wrote:I was SO happy when I saw the email in my inbox! Couldn't believe it! And there I was thinking I'd have to wait months--you're all amazing!
Get ready to wait a little long, possibly a week or two as this update seems to have a ton of glitches and problems! Not G4TW's fault, of course, but I expect they will be the amazing people they are and find a fix for them in near time
Ughust
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 200

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilla1993 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 10:41

Hello, I just installed Parenthood patch and for me it works fine.
When I put ''temp fix'' from last update I left old game folder there. Now, I remove that old game folder, left ''temp fix-Game_'' inside the C:/Program Files/ The Sims 4 and in new Game folder, TS4_64 open As Administrator. And for me it works. Hope this will help.
Scilla1993
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Sims 4
Female Posts : 13

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/sarafallenscilla/

Back to top Go down

Post by MommyMayhem on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 10:49

Scilla1993 wrote:Hello, I just installed Parenthood patch and for me it works fine.
When I put ''temp fix'' from last update I left old game folder there. Now, I remove that old game folder, left ''temp fix-Game_'' inside the C:/Program Files/ The Sims 4 and in new Game folder, TS4_64 open As Administrator. And for me it works. Hope this will help.
So you basically followed the instructions from the Vamp fix and it works for this? I want to make sure I understand this correctly before I have to do another complete reinstall. 

Delete the game folder that was changed to Game_ from the Vamp add-on. 
Change the Parenthood DLC Game folder to something like Game_ or what ever
Place temp fix "Game" folder for Vamps where it goes
Start Sims as admin

Did I get that right?
MommyMayhem
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims4, VCD, Garrys Mod
Female Posts : 90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ViaIsabel on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:04

Scilla1993 wrote:Hello, I just installed Parenthood patch and for me it works fine.
Does your game work fine in terms of the new objects and interactions that came with Parenthood?

ViaIsabel
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilla1993 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:10

MommyMayhem wrote:
So you basically followed the instructions from the Vamp fix and it works for this? I want to make sure I understand this correctly before I have to do another complete reinstall. 

Start Sims as admin

Did I get that right?
I did'n change the ''Game'' from Vampires add-on to Game_, but ''temp fix'' Game folder to ''Game_''. This Vamp add-on ''Game'' folder I just delete. ''Temp fix'' Game folder, so ''Game_'' stays in C:/Program Files/ The Sims 4 when you put this new update. Than you can start game but in C:/Program Files/The Sims 4/Bin/Game AS ADMINISTRATOR,now you ignore ''Game_'' but still left it in that directory. Look at the date on those folders.

Scilla1993
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilla1993 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:12

ViaIsabel wrote:
Does your game work fine in terms of the new objects and interactions that came with Parenthood?
My game work fine and yes, I have all new objects. I hope there is a new interactions but i didn't play as child yet.
Scilla1993
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by MommyMayhem on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:13

Scilla1993 wrote:
MommyMayhem wrote:

Start Sims as admin

Did I get that right?
I did'n change the ''Game'' from Vampires add-on to Game_, but ''temp fix'' Game folder to ''Game_''. This Vamp add-on ''Game'' folder I just delete. ''Temp fix'' Game folder, so ''Game_'' stays in C:/Program Files/ The Sims 4 when you put this new update. Than you can start game but in C:/Program Files/The Sims 4/Bin/Game AS ADMINISTRATOR,now you ignore ''Game_'' but still left it in that directory. Look at the date on those folders.

Ok awesome! I get what you mean now. I may try this is a few to see if it works. Thank you for letting everyone know!
MommyMayhem
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilla1993 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:18

MommyMayhem wrote:
Scilla1993 wrote:
MommyMayhem wrote:

Start Sims as admin

Did I get that right?

Ok awesome! I get what you mean now. I may try this is a few to see if it works. Thank you for letting everyone know!
Not a problem. Hope it will works for you too, guys. Smile
Scilla1993
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ula97 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:28

MommyMayhem wrote:
Scilla1993 wrote:
MommyMayhem wrote:

Start Sims as admin

Did I get that right?

Please let us know if this fix worked for you. Thank you in advance.  Carlos is tha man!!!
Ula97
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Boni on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:30

So im guessing it is better to wait a bit to download this? I don't want to download it twice XD

Hope you guys get it working soon

Boni
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims3
Female Posts : 101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MommyMayhem on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:33

Boni wrote:So im guessing it is better to wait a bit to download this? I don't want to download it twice XD

Hope you guys get it working soon
I definitely would just be patient for a bit. They had the other fixed relatively fast when the loading screen and language glitches popped up. Within 3 hours IIRC.
MommyMayhem
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MommyMayhem on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:36

Ula97 wrote:

Please let us know if this fix worked for you. Thank you in advance.  Carlos is tha man!!!
Will do. Am backing everything up right now. Then I will let everyone know how it works. I'll take one for the team if it means everyone getting to play until a perm fix can be made Smile
MommyMayhem
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by acidoll on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:47

Guys, the whole folder is missing. I think we should just wait for the new fix.
And, I tried this method with previous Game folder fix yesterday, it didn't work for me.

acidoll
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : World of Warcraft, The Sims 4, The Sims 3
Female Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by viksnid on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:48

Hey team! I tried the fix and currently isn't working for me!! I've tried everything re-downloading and even downloading a new fix, this fix was a on and off fix for me anyways. Would work one hour and not the next! Please pray for a permnant fix!

viksnid
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stace132 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:49

Hey thanks so much for providing this so quick!!! I haven't downloaded yet, got a super busy weekend ahead but just thought i'd pop online and thank you again! I couldn't believe it when I saw that you already had this released!! This is my kind of game pack for sure and I cannot wait to download and play all day on Monday (I'm dog-sitting all day  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Thank you again!!! You are the best, Games4theworld!!!

stace132
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : Sims 4, Lotro
Female Posts : 36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by acidoll on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 11:52

stace132 wrote:Hey thanks so much for providing this so quick!!! I haven't downloaded yet, got a super busy weekend ahead but just thought i'd pop online and thank you again! I couldn't believe it when I saw that you already had this released!! This is my kind of game pack for sure and I cannot wait to download and play all day on Monday (I'm dog-sitting all day  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Thank you again!!! You are the best, Games4theworld!!!
It doesn't really work unfortunately. Sad  Don't download it until they provide a new fix.

acidoll
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by viksnid on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:04

But I'm still having loading screen issue  Why God. Why God. Why God. Why God. Why God. Why God.

viksnid
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilla1993 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:09

Scilla1993 wrote:
ViaIsabel wrote:
My game work fine and yes, I have all new objects. I hope there is a new interactions but i didn't play as child yet.
New interactions not working I'm afraid Sad
Scilla1993
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatoften on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:10

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
acidoll wrote:Guys, the whole folder is missing. 

Would you happen to know what exactly I should be looking for, @acidoll

And @Tarac, nothing is "incomplete". I compared one folder containing the exact update from machine4578, with another folder containing all G4TW torrents (base, get to work, get together, city living, toddlers). And then compiled all different files/folders, which is one reason this G4TW torrent is bigger than the original one from machine4578. I just checked again in WinMerge and found no errors, so to the best of my ability and knowledge everything has been compiled and included. If something is not working, it will most likely be the same case if you use the original pack from machine4578.

I'm however also waiting for @NopOneSpecial's feedback, because they may have more information on the issue at hand.

While I'm, at it, Those of you who played the new DLC for a bit, have you been able to use the new functionalities in the game? To what extent are you able to play this pack 'properly'?

Edit: again, please make sure to keep the install order as follows: base game -> get to work -> get together -> city living -> toddlers -> parenthood. You do not need the "temp fix" from before, please read the instructions included in the parenthood torrent carefully.

everything is there except the new social interactions

Beatoften
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MommyMayhem on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:12

And I can confirm the temp fix thing doesn't work anyways. It strips the game of the Parenthood DLC which is fine with me. I will keep playing it that way till an actual fix comes along because it DOES install the update patches and the new save/load game system is quite lovely. Smile I still appreciate everything you guys do, hiccups and all. <3
MommyMayhem
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilla1993 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:17

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

And @Tarac, nothing is "incomplete". I compared one folder containing the exact update from machine4578, with another folder containing all G4TW torrents (base, get to work, get together, city living, toddlers). And then compiled all different files/folders, which is one reason this G4TW torrent is bigger than the original one from machine4578. I just checked again in WinMerge and found no errors, so to the best of my ability and knowledge everything has been compiled and included. If something is not working, it will most likely be the same case if you use the original pack from machine4578.

I'm however also waiting for @NopOneSpecial's feedback, because they may have more information on the issue at hand.

While I'm, at it, Those of you who played the new DLC for a bit, have you been able to use the new functionalities in the game? To what extent are you able to play this pack 'properly'?

Edit: again, please make sure to keep the install order as follows: base game -> get to work -> get together -> city living -> toddlers -> parenthood. You do not need the "temp fix" from before, please read the instructions included in the parenthood torrent carefully.
Everything work fine except new interactions. Child and teen have their new responsibility scheme, but interactions such ''make sack launch'' is not there. And also, they can't use diary to write in. Game says ,,there is no table and chair to write on'', but I put two of them, even new ,,child table,, and still can't write.
Scilla1993
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:40

OK, here's me shooting for the moon. Would you all be so kind and try this new mini patch here? It contains a "Data"-folder. Please copy it to where you have your TS4 installed, and when prompted choose merge folders/replace files. Good luck!

http://tinyurl.com/y9o7j99z

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatoften on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:47

The_gh0stm4n wrote:OK, here's me shooting for the moon. Would you all be so kind and try this new mini patch here? It contains a "Data"-folder. Please copy it to where you have your TS4 installed, and when prompted choose merge folders/replace files. Good luck!

http://tinyurl.com/y9o7j99z

it works, u successfully shot the moon

Beatoften
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by potterhead2082001 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:49

I tried it, but the parenting interactions don't appear, and the journal object doesn't work either, because when i try to get a child to use it, the child acts like there's no desk and chair available and a notification comes up saying that there isn't a desk available, even though there is. When I try to place the journal on a surface it just disappears. Also, there's a new table object which toddlers are supposed to interact with, but when I buy it and place it somewhere while in buy mode, it disappears and i can't click on it.
potterhead2082001
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : LOTRO,Skyrim,Stardew Valley,The Sims 3,Fallout New Vegas, The Sims 4, Fallout 4, Mount And Blade Warband,Witcher 3,Crusader Kings 2,Dragon Age Origins,Dragon Age Inquisition,Gta 5,Red Dead Redemption
Female Posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by acidoll on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:49

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

I thought you mentioned that in some of your previous posts, maybe I misunderstood something, sorry.

Last edited by acidoll on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelling)

acidoll
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: