Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

Post by montpython77 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 06:20

When I tried playing parenthood, no temp fix, I got the eternal household loading screen. When I tried using the temp fix, as suggested when the same issue occurred previously with the toddlers update and vampire dlc, the household loads but it strips the game of the parenthood content. 

Are we waiting on a new version of the temporary fix for parenthood?
avatar
montpython77
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 4
Points : 113
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

Post by galzrul on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 07:18

@montpython77 wrote:When I tried playing parenthood, no temp fix, I got the eternal household loading screen. When I tried using the temp fix, as suggested when the same issue occurred previously with the toddlers update and vampire dlc, the household loads but it strips the game of the parenthood content. 

Are we waiting on a new version of the temporary fix for parenthood?
Same here, infinite household loading screen is back!

I tried merging the new Game folder with my existing Game_ folder, didn't work.

galzrul
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 1051
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

Post by galzrul on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 12:32

Okay my game works now! (at least for now)

What I did was reinstall the whole thing, I backed up & deleted the old Game folder (instead of renaming it to Game_) and I put in the temp fix Game folder for Vampires/Toddlers update. So when I installed the Parenthood update, a new Game folder will merge with the temp fix Game folder.

galzrul
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 19
Points : 1051
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

Post by Ageha on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 18:25

@montpython77 wrote:When I tried playing parenthood, no temp fix, I got the eternal household loading screen. When I tried using the temp fix, as suggested when the same issue occurred previously with the toddlers update and vampire dlc, the household loads but it strips the game of the parenthood content. 

Are we waiting on a new version of the temporary fix for parenthood?


Hi!  Smile


The new game folder should replace the old 'fix' game as folder and as such, there's no need for the fix for the latest update. Delete the Game_bin (or whatever you rename it to) and try to paste the new update again. Alternatively, you could try to re-install everything again and see if the bug is still present. Else, if you have any mods/CC try to remove them from your game.


PS: I personally have no problems with the endless loading, so if this happens to be a major bug with everyone, I think G4TW will provide a fix. 

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1221
Points : 2179
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

Post by montpython77 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 19:16

Thanks guys! currently reinstalling just to be safe! hopefully everything works out this time Smile
avatar
montpython77
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 4
Points : 113
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

Post by montpython77 on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 19:39

Ok so infinite loading screen has been replaced by loading back to town selection menu. Guess its wait and watch for a fix time?
avatar
montpython77
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims
Posts : 4
Points : 113
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-05-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

Post by Twittle on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 19:47

I'm having the same issues but I just downloaded both the vampires and parenthood so I'm not sure if it's one or the other causing the problem for me, though I doubt it since parenthood should've replaced the files causing the problems. I'm gonna try to hunt for a solution. I'll let you know what I find and if I got it fixed.

Update: I got past the loading screen after completely deleting the exact folders that are included in the parenthood torrent and moving them over again. I don't know why that solved the issue for me, with being how basic it was, but it did. Be careful not to delete files or folders that are not included, I just skipped those over, and make copies in case what worked for me doesn't work for you. 
Otherwise, looking around it looks like some people got lucky and some got stuck with the **** end of the stick so good luck.


Last edited by Twittle on Thu 01 Jun 2017, 20:02; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

Twittle
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 302
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

Post by itchystitchies on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 10:54

@Twittle wrote:I'm having the same issues but I just downloaded both the vampires and parenthood so I'm not sure if it's one or the other causing the problem for me, though I doubt it since parenthood should've replaced the files causing the problems. I'm gonna try to hunt for a solution. I'll let you know what I find and if I got it fixed.

Update: I got past the loading screen after completely deleting the exact folders that are included in the parenthood torrent and moving them over again. I don't know why that solved the issue for me, with being how basic it was, but it did. Be careful not to delete files or folders that are not included, I just skipped those over, and make copies in case what worked for me doesn't work for you. 
Otherwise, looking around it looks like some people got lucky and some got stuck with the **** end of the stick so good luck.

When you say that you deleted the exact folders that were included in Parenthood, which folders are you talking about? I'm gonna try your method, I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.
avatar
itchystitchies
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : the sims, final fantasy, animal crossing
Posts : 10
Points : 95
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with Parenthood and temp fix

Post by Ageha on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 14:37

@montpython77 wrote:Ok so infinite loading screen has been replaced by loading back to town selection menu. Guess its wait and watch for a fix time?


Hi,


Have you tried re-doing 'Game folder' step? You can take a look at this reply here if you're unsure. Alternatively, you can try to start your game anew with a fresh save, though do back-up your saves folder first. In most cases, it's actually a corrupted save that leads you back to the main menu.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1221
Points : 2179
Reputation : 179
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum