Sims 3 stopped working after update. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 stopped working after update. [SOLVED]

Post by randell_0697 on Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:52

Hi all,

So i downloaded Sims 3 Fix and tried updating the game by following the PDF provided. All is good until the launcher would not update the game for me. So i looked in the forum and found a post that says i can do a manual update. I followed the link, downloaded the patch and followed the instructions from the PDF and the thread. Now i can start the game, watch the intro and get to choose my household. However, the game stopped working while loading my household. The base game and all expansions are downloaded from games4theworld.org. Can anyone help please?

randell_0697
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 stopped working after update. [SOLVED]

Post by Aɾყα on Wed 04 Jan 2012, 13:00

Hello,
Are you using the temporary fix? If yes, remove it and get the official fix (updates Dec. 18th) instead.
Are you using mods/cc? Note that especially mods can cause compatibility conflicts if they're not the right version.
You can also try these solutions for crashing problems if you're not using mods and have the official fix.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by randell_0697 on Wed 04 Jan 2012, 14:59

I'm using the Sims 3 Ultimate Fix and i'm not using any mods/cc except for The Sims 3: store updates 1 to 26 (from July). i have tried running without custom content too but it didn't work. I've tried the methods from the link as posted but it still won't run the game.

Although a window stating "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these games modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs." pop up after i click play from the launcher.

Any ideas?

randell_0697
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 04 Jan 2012, 15:03

@randell_0697 wrote:I'm using the Sims 3 Ultimate Fix and i'm not using any mods/cc except for The Sims 3: store updates 1 to 26 (from July). i have tried running without custom content too but it didn't work. I've tried the methods from the link as posted but it still won't run the game.

Although a window stating "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these games modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs." pop up after i click play from the launcher.

Any ideas?
Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by randell_0697 on Wed 04 Jan 2012, 17:42

Thanks again Admin. You have been really helpful. It is working fine now.

randell_0697
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 04 Jan 2012, 23:17

@randell_0697 wrote:Thanks again Admin. You have been really helpful. It is working fine now.
Hello,

Glad it works now and sorry I had to leave so quickly.
Anyhow, have fun playing and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any more problems! Topic closed. Wink

For future reference: I downloaded the latest version (Read: re-downloaded) of the Ultimate Fix, applied it and... voilà.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum