Sims 3 Base Game not recognised.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Base Game not recognised.

Post by Merlyn on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 03:06

Hi There,

I have had so many issues trying to fix my game... Here is where it started.

I bought Pets just before Christmas, loaded it onto my Mac with all my other EPs and SPs (Ambitions, WA, High End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff)... Worked brilliantly. I decided I wanted to get more stuff packs, legally, so I went and bought Outdoor Living and Town Life. I tried installing them and they claimed incompatibility with the Pets install. So I uninstalled the whole lot.

I tried reinstalling the base game, but it gets stuck on file 3, so I came here. I have downloaded the Base Games, Pets, World Adventures, Fast Lane and Generations from you... even though I have the Hard Copies (excluding Generations). I am now at the point where I am ready to install everything after having read all the information on this site.

I have installed the Base Game using the Mac mounting system AND using Crossover (separate installs of course). The installs both seemed to go very smoothly, however when I try to install other expansion packs like Generations or Pets it does not recognise that there is a copy of the Base Game installed... It tells me it needs a version of The Sims 3 to be already installed. I am the end of my patience here as I have spent $$$ and downloaded games I own and they still wont work!

I would like any suggestions as to how I should be going about this...

I have the following HARD COPY Games: World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Ambitions, Fast Lane Stuff, Late Night, Outdoor Living Stuff, Town Life Stuff and Pets.

I also have the following Games4theWorld digitals versions: Sims Base Game, Fast Lane, World Adventures, Generations and Pets.

I have the Mac Fixer, and have read the instructions, and have read the install instructions in the digital games. I am under the impression I should be installing ALL games before cracking, and I should be cracking either Pets, Town Life, or Generations from you otherwise the game wont work? Right?

I just need Generations or Pets to recognise that I do actually have the Base Game installed... Help!!

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

Merlyn
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Base Game not recognised.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:49

Hello,
I believe you need a non-G4TW base game.
We don't officially give MAC support (I know nothing about mac myself), but the MAC users here are kindly helping each other. maybe this post has the answers you need.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 15:44

Don't download the sims 3 base game from torrent as it does not work. You must use this version from this thread here which has already been created into a .dmg file for you.

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1961-the-sims-3-mac-dmg-file-download-links

Also, I do not understand why you're using crossover.. All you need to do is copy and past the cracks.. But to be honest, you shouldn't crack any of the expansions, only the latest installed expansion. If you need any more help, just let me know.

Dale
Developer
Some kind of Einstein
Developer Some kind of Einstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aro05 on Wed 01 Feb 2012, 14:42

Hi,

I *think* I am having a similar/same problem. I have the Sims 3 base game downloaded, installed, and working fine. I have downloaded and created .dmg files for expansions, but when I go to install the first one, I get the "Select a volume where the /The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app is already installed" error.

My Sims 3 base game is from a non-G4TW torrent. I have the MAC fix, but have not done anything with it- yet.

I have checked out this guide {http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t2755-easy-method-of-installing-sims-3-base-gameexpansions-mac-guide-new} and I think I have the same problem as user X4nth3. (I would have posted on that thread but couldn't.) I'm not a complete n00b, but I'm not all that experienced, so step-by-step guides and simple-ish terms are appreciated. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

aro05
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by codface on Wed 29 Feb 2012, 03:13

i'm also having a similar problem: when i try to install pets or generations (which i know are the ones we're meant to add before ambitions, which is the ep i really want) it says that i need to install the base game first - even though it's definitely installed and i've gotten it to run! and it can't be an issue of where i got the base game from, because now the post for the .dmg download recommends using some other source until g4tw re-ups their mac osx base. i'm fine with just the base for now, but this is definitely irritating. any help would, of course, be greatly appreciated.

codface
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fl0wridaa on Wed 29 Feb 2012, 08:55

I recommend installing the Sims 3 base cracked app from tpb, since me and Admin tried installing eps with that one, it really worked well, but then I dropped my mac and the hard drive broke, so I'm downloading it again and installing it! It should work fine as long as you follow the guide. Smile

this one worked for me. Smile

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t3118-the-sims-3-suggestion-how-i-did-it

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3, Dead Rising 2, Dead Island, Call of duty, Battle Field, Assassins Creed, God of war
Female Posts : 63

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by codface on Wed 29 Feb 2012, 22:13

no good - the ep installers still throw up the "requires an installed copy" message before aborting. though i should note that even though i followed the base game installation steps in the pb "FULL" version, i wasn't asked for a disc at any point in the installation. this may be part of the problem?

codface
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by klf1 on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 12:41

hiya having similar problems. did this get resolved?

klf1
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum