game loads partially and then crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

game loads partially and then crashes

Post by pashtrickstar on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 04:42

i'm pretty sure i didn't see this anything, if i overlooked it i apologize. i originally had the sims 4 and all expansions packs and whatnot installed (except toddlers/vampires) once i installed those suddenly all of my mods were gone and when i put them back i still couldn't see them (despite checking that i was able to use them in game) i proceed to uninstall the game completely, redownloaded and reinstalled following every instruction word for word but now i get an issue once the "The Sims 4" loading screen comes up, any ideas what's going on?

pashtrickstar
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : the sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: game loads partially and then crashes

Post by Loonieloose on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 09:05

Did you do all of this? It needs to be done.

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015#

You should also always MOVE the tray, mods and saves to the desktop BEFORE installing a new pack or patch.
Always run a Vanilla game after installing to check if everything works.
if it does, you know eventual problems are mod related which then cary over into your saves as well. ( I think )
If not, you know something went wrong during install. It is not the game pack you are trying to install. Hundreds of people are using it without problems. Smile
you must now find the reason why and what you might have done wrong. There also might have gone something wrong during the download process. So maybe re-downloading could help fix it.

Loonieloose
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 536

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 15:54

@pashtrickstar wrote:i'm pretty sure i didn't see this anything, if i overlooked it i apologize. i originally had the sims 4 and all expansions packs and whatnot installed (except toddlers/vampires) once i installed those suddenly all of my mods were gone and when i put them back i still couldn't see them (despite checking that i was able to use them in game) i proceed to uninstall the game completely, redownloaded and reinstalled following every instruction word for word but now i get an issue once the "The Sims 4" loading screen comes up, any ideas what's going on?

Do you happen to see any error logs after that pop-ups? Also, since you've re-installed, I have to assume you have move the sims 4 folder our of the electronic arts and put them in Program Files(x86). You've mentioned you put the mods folder back in, move them out again and try running the game.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum