Game Freezing at Start-Up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Simmer593 on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 05:14

I just installed everything meticulously, I do this every time I get a new laptop/computer so I know the drill. This computer is brand new, all drivershe up to date. Downloaded and installed everything today, so the latest patch is what was used.

The first time I started the game it got to the opening menu where the windows pop up with info on new content. Then it froze and I hadn't restart my computer. Every single time following that it freezes while loading in the first place, and I can't alt-tab or anything to see if there is an error message. I just have to restart the computer. Very frustrating.

Simmer593
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 805
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Gade5 on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 08:40

Had this same problem for me I didn't have all of the updates. The latest parenthood file in the thread posted here which is like 1.10 gb I thought was the only file I needed. Turns out I didn't have the 3.58 gb parenthood file here https://games4theworld.org/downloads/ When I downloaded and installed that, then reinstalled last parenthood file in the thread posted here it worked.

Gade5
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 10
Points : 318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Loonieloose on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 08:56

Since you say the Computer is brand new, did you remember to do all the exclusions in your Anti virus program? And I mean all of them as it is explained here?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015#
and all this?
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly#

Loonieloose
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 448
Points : 1268
Reputation : 77
Join date : 2015-10-21
Location : Somewhere in Southern Africa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Ageha on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 15:51

Simmer593 wrote:I just installed everything meticulously, I do this every time I get a new laptop/computer so I know the drill. This computer is brand new, all drivershe up to date. Downloaded and installed everything today, so the latest patch is what was used.

The first time I started the game it got to the opening menu where the windows pop up with info on new content. Then it froze and I hadn't restart my computer. Every single time following that it freezes while loading in the first place, and I can't alt-tab or anything to see if there is an error message. I just have to restart the computer. Very frustrating.

Hi, 


I'm going to assume since it's new, your pc meets the requirement for the game. If you have previous saves/mods, i'd suggest taking them out and run the game. Else, try to run it in windowed mode and see if it still freezes. If you wait awhile, does it crash to desktop though?

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1758
Points : 2876
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Simmer593 on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 16:49

I don't know how to run it in windowed mode, because it doesn't get past the initial loading screen for me to access settings. And I have never installed the Sims on this pc, so there is no conflicting data. It doesn't crash to desktop, everything just goes white if I try to alt-tab out of it or access task manager, so I have to restart. I think I will just Uninstaller it all and install it again, and test each installation as I go to see where the problem occurs.

Simmer593
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 805
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Ageha on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 17:04

Simmer593 wrote:I don't know how to run it in windowed mode, because it doesn't get past the initial loading screen for me to access settings. And I have never installed the Sims on this pc, so there is no conflicting data. It doesn't crash to desktop, everything just goes white if I try to alt-tab out of it or access task manager, so I have to restart. I think I will just Uninstaller it all and install it again, and test each installation as I go to see where the problem occurs.


I see. The step-by-step method is good for re-installing so you know which EP is the problem. For windowed mode, check your documents/electronic arts/the sims 4 and see if there's an Options.ini file. Open it, go to fullscreen (or you can ctrl+f ) and change the value to fullscreen = 0, save it and run the game.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1758
Points : 2876
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Simmer593 on Mon 05 Jun 2017, 19:01

Thanks! I'll try that first and see what happens. Will update back here when I'very had a chance to try these.

Simmer593
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 805
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Codfish on Fri 09 Jun 2017, 04:42

Hi,

I recently tried window mode, as I've been experiencing this same exact problem as Simmer. Unfortunately, windowed mode has yet to work for me, and continues to freeze and not respond. Any other suggestions?

Codfish
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Elder Scrolls
Posts : 1
Points : 137
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Simmer593 on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 03:09

Alright so literally none of the above worked. I am having the exact same issue.

Simmer593
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 805
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Ageha on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 15:18

Hi @Codfish and @Simmer593 ,


Double checking that you guys indeed have the parenthood installed and not just the patch? Since a couple of users actually did miss out on that. Alternatively, you can try running without any DLCs; base game + latest patch, which can be found here and see if it still freezes. If it does not, it means the DLCs are causing this and you need to re-install them one by one.


Else, if you have any lastCrash.txt or lastException.txt (you can delete this) and lastCrash/Exception_####, you can check the second one. Though I'm not sure if it will appear if your game doesn't crash though.


Do keep us updated!  Smile

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1758
Points : 2876
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Simmer593 on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 18:40

Do I reinstall the patch after each pack?

Simmer593
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 805
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Ageha on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 19:10

Simmer593 wrote:Do I reinstall the patch after each pack?
Hello,



There's no need to install the latest patch until AFTER the Parenthood update. Smile

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1758
Points : 2876
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Simmer593 on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 19:31

I mean in order to test out each individual game.

Simmer593
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 805
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Ageha on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 19:45

Simmer593 wrote:I mean in order to test out each individual game.
Yes, there's no need for the patch for each pack. Since the patch is only intended if you have already installed Parenthood. So to test the game:


  • Base Game -> Just installed the base game and run it.
  • Base Game + Get to Work 
  • Base Game + Get to Work + Get Together*
  • Base Game + Get to Work + Get Together + City Living*
  • Base Game + Get to Work + Get Together + City Living + Vampire(Toddler)*
  • Base Game + Get to Work + Get Together + City Living + Vampire(Toddler) + Parenthood + Latest Patch

*Just copy + paste the game folders to your Sims 4
PS: I'm sure you're aware of the order, I'll just include it to double check.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1758
Points : 2876
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by babyfe28 on Mon 12 Jun 2017, 08:57

Hello all,

I too am experiencing freezing with the game. Before installing parenthood, the game was running fine. Afterwards, the game would crash stating the game stopped running or responding about a couple minutes of playing into the game. I decided to uninstall and reinstall everything and now I can barely get past the sims 4 logo without it freezing. (Doesn't crash and can't even get to the welcome screen of the game) Just like simmer593, I'm unable to access the task manager and would have to restart my computer entirely. I bought my laptop 2 weeks ago so I know the problem doesn't rely on its specs.

babyfe28
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims
Posts : 6
Points : 141
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Ageha on Mon 12 Jun 2017, 17:24

babyfe28 wrote:Hello all,

I too am experiencing freezing with the game. Before installing parenthood, the game was running fine. Afterwards, the game would crash stating the game stopped running or responding about a couple minutes of playing into the game. I decided to uninstall and reinstall everything and now I can barely get past the sims 4 logo without it freezing. (Doesn't crash and can't even get to the welcome screen of the game) Just like simmer593, I'm unable to access the task manager and would have to restart my computer entirely. I bought my laptop 2 weeks ago so I know the problem doesn't rely on its specs.
Hello,



Are your drivers up-to-date? If not, you can check for updates and see of updating them fixes the problem. If not, and I don't see you've mentioned this, try running the game in windowed mode as well. 

If you have any mods/saves/trays, move them out, or alternatively, just move out the entire Sims 4 folder in Documents. If you are willing however, install the pack one at a time and test them out, like I've mentioned above. Do you have any lastCrash_#### or lastException_#### in your documents/The Sims 4 ?

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1758
Points : 2876
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by ithrowknife on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 03:53

try running 32bit or 64bit exe
avatar
ithrowknife
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : league of legends
Male Posts : 110
Points : 328
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2017-05-24
Age : 22
Location : Malaysia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by babyfe28 on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 22:03

Ageha wrote:
babyfe28 wrote:Hello all,

I too am experiencing freezing with the game. Before installing parenthood, the game was running fine. Afterwards, the game would crash stating the game stopped running or responding about a couple minutes of playing into the game. I decided to uninstall and reinstall everything and now I can barely get past the sims 4 logo without it freezing. (Doesn't crash and can't even get to the welcome screen of the game) Just like simmer593, I'm unable to access the task manager and would have to restart my computer entirely. I bought my laptop 2 weeks ago so I know the problem doesn't rely on its specs.
Hello,



Are your drivers up-to-date? If not, you can check for updates and see of updating them fixes the problem. If not, and I don't see you've mentioned this, try running the game in windowed mode as well. 

If you have any mods/saves/trays, move them out, or alternatively, just move out the entire Sims 4 folder in Documents. If you are willing however, install the pack one at a time and test them out, like I've mentioned above. Do you have any lastCrash_#### or lastException_#### in your documents/The Sims 4 ?

I tried window mode but still the same results. I decided to uninstall everything and test out each pack as I reinstalled them and notice that once I got to Parenthood, that's when the issue began. I still can't seem to get to the welcome screen. I did check for any lastcrash or lastexception but there wasn't any. As for running the game in 32 or 64 bit, I still get the same results  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

babyfe28
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims
Posts : 6
Points : 141
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by mimidi11 on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 04:10

Hello everyone! I had the exact same problem as you, and after hours of trying to make it work, I finally succeeded!! So basically, I reinstalled everything and when transferring the DLCS I made sure to open the .rar  file with winrar; select the ones I want to extract (even if it's all the files I still selected instead of just extracting everthing) and extract them directly into the sims 4 folder! Then it worked. I think the problem comes from winrar!

mimidi11
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : Sims 4
Posts : 1
Points : 131
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Ageha on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 17:35

Hi @babyfe28 ,


Have you tried to re-download the Parenthood pack and then update to the latest patch? Also, you can check this thread with alternate fixes and solutions here.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1758
Points : 2876
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Simmer593 on Mon 19 Jun 2017, 05:51

Ok so I finally had a chance to Uninstaller it today. I reinstalled the base game and when I ran it I get an error that says the user data directory was created by a newer version of the game. So my next question is: how do I completely wipe the Sims from my computer? I Uninstaller and I deleted the install folder, what else do I need to remove?

Simmer593
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 805
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Ageha on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 15:21

Hi @Simmer593 ,


You can delete the GameVersion.txt and run the game, see if that error still pops up. 

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1758
Points : 2876
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Simmer593 on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 23:01

I ran a search for gamevers and nothing is coming up.

Simmer593
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 11
Points : 805
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Freezing at Start-Up

Post by Ageha on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 20:17

Simmer593 wrote:I ran a search for gamevers and nothing is coming up.
That's weird. It should be under Documents/The Sims 4. If not then you have to delete the files from registry. You can take a look at this external link here about the folders to look out for.

_________________
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. 
(GMT+0800 Timezone)
avatar
Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1758
Points : 2876
Reputation : 253
Join date : 2015-09-09
Age : 25
Location : Skyhold

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum