Installing Parenthood without the other expansion packs.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Parenthood without the other expansion packs.

Post by PharMoon on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 22:14

Hello
I downloaded Parenthood expansion pack from you pirate bay acc and it says that i can't isntall the expansion without installing Get to Work, Get together, City Living, Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff first in order for this expansion to work. I have a laptop and i don't have nearly enough space on my computer to install all that and still have it run smoothly. So my question is, is there any way I could just install the Parenthood expansion pack on my origin without installing all those other expansions first?

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

PharMoon
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : the sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installing Parenthood without the other expansion packs.

Post by kurec on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 21:01

I think not

kurec
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4
Male Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Loonieloose on Wed 07 Jun 2017, 22:49

You cannot mix a legit game with a cracked game. Sorry!

Loonieloose
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 342

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 15:22

Hi @PharMoon
is there any way I could just install the Parenthood expansion pack on my origin
If you have a legit base game, I'm not 100% it'll work. There used to be others who installed it over the legit game but I think that was before City Living EP? I'm not sure if anyone is doing that now.

Unfortunately, for G4TW you need all those EPs installed in order to play parenthood. Alternatively, there's this ZLOrigin client here, though bear in mind there's a few cons to that (connecting issues mostly). 

I'd recommend, if an external disk is too expensive, for you to buy a usb stick so you'll be able to store some stuffs there to free space. If you have an external disk however, you can actually install the sims 4 on it. I've been running my games on it.

Do keep us updated! Very Happy

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1051

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 19:17

@PharMoon wrote:Hello
I downloaded Parenthood expansion pack from you pirate bay acc and it says that i can't isntall the expansion without installing Get to Work, Get together, City Living, Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff first in order for this expansion to work. I have a laptop and i don't have nearly enough space on my computer to install all that and still have it run smoothly. So my question is, is there any way I could just install the Parenthood expansion pack on my origin without installing all those other expansions first?

You could install the (G4TW) items in the following order, as described here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Then you go to where you installed your The Sims 4 to. Delete the following folders: EP01, EP02, EP03, FP01, GP01, GP02, GP03, GP04, SP01, SP02, SP03, SP04, SP05, SP06, SP07, SP08, SP09 and SP10. Only these folders; then you download the file here:
https://goo.gl/U8J9Vc

This is a .rar archive, and it contains a modified RldOrigin.ini file. Please put that modified file into the Game\Bin subfolder of your TS4 installation. Replace the existing file when prompted. Then you can play the (cracked) TS4 with just the Parenthood GP. 

It's a bit more complicated than in the past when you could simply pick and choose what DLC you want to install. You can do that as well with TS4, but only if you have it on Origin. Also, the last step (adding a modified RldOrigin.ini file) is not 100% compulsory, but it adds the effect that your game doesn't freeze at startup for a minute or two. If you simply delete these folders, every time you start the game it will freeze your game for a minute or two and that is super-annoying. Adding a modified RldOrigin.ini file remedies the effect.

I may also write a little guide about it when I get to it, maybe on the weekend, since this is a question that does come up from time to time. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Titanfall, Counter-Strike, Hitman: Absolution, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 13886

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum