EA is Shutting Down The Sims 4 Gallery App.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EA is Shutting Down The Sims 4 Gallery App.

Post by Keyenpeydee on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 06:24

http://simscommunity.info/2017/06/07/ea-is-shutting-down-the-sims-4-gallery-smartphone-app/

I guess we got really lucky with the fast updates, but we didn't get lucky with the gallery. Sigh. Atleast we have our ZLOrigin though  Carlos is tha man
Keyenpeydee
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3,
Male Posts : 244

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: EA is Shutting Down The Sims 4 Gallery App.

Post by Cat_Eye on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 08:19

Thankfully it's just the smartphone app. And as someone who has a Windows phone, I couldn't care less, since I couldn't get it either way.

Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Amesia the dark descent, Alien Isolation, Yandere Simulator, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Silent Hill, Silent hill 2, Persona 5
Male Posts : 247

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEdAcYrSwFBhrRZcX16h4sA

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 18:01

@Keyenpeydee wrote:http://simscommunity.info/2017/06/07/ea-is-shutting-down-the-sims-4-gallery-smartphone-app/

I guess we got really lucky with the fast updates, but we didn't get lucky with the gallery. Sigh. 

It would almost appear that as of recent times, EA seem to be more on the ball regarding some of the newer developments in the piracy scene. If we think about the very first pirated TS4 releases, it took them quite a while to block the Gallery-access from those games. 

I wonder how much such an EA "informant" earns for this; surely EA management is being tipped off about these developments by loyal (?) lackeys, who regularly check the relevant piracy-related platforms, websites and social media? Or maybe these are volunteers, and don't actually earn anything? 

Shocked   Haters gonna hate

@Keyenpeydee wrote:Atleast we have our ZLOrigin though  Carlos is tha man

Can you access the Gallery and downloaded items from it, with ZlOrigin? I haven't even used ZlOrigin myself, so I'm not really up-to-date on these things...

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cat_Eye on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 18:04

@The_gh0stm4n wrote:
@Keyenpeydee wrote:Atleast we have our ZLOrigin though  Carlos is tha man

Can you access the Gallery and downloaded items from it, with ZlOrigin? I haven't even used ZlOrigin myself, so I'm not really up-to-date on these things...
No, you can't.

Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4, Amesia the dark descent, Alien Isolation, Yandere Simulator, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Silent Hill, Silent hill 2, Persona 5
Male Posts : 247

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEdAcYrSwFBhrRZcX16h4sA

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyenpeydee on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 18:20

Actually, I used the mobile gallery for searching some good lots to request and it quite saddens me to see it leaving. But I discovered the gallery website and it's just like the sims mobile gallery. Hopefully, they won't turn down that too since it will be devastating.
Keyenpeydee
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3, The Sims 4, The Sims 3,
Male Posts : 244

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 12 Jul 2017, 18:03

@Keyenpeydee wrote:Hopefully, they won't turn down that too since it will be devastating.

In the event that happens at some point (and I actually have the suspicion it will since EA probably won't really see much purpose in having the Gallery items on the internet when they can be seen by legit game owners as well in-game), we will have to do away for good with those Gallery requests. However, that does not mean that nothing can be done anymore. I was speculating about the possibility of posting regular TS4 Gallery updates, without users formally requesting them. Like, a topic that features the creations of well-known TS4 YouTubers, and that is also regularly updated.

But as of now these are just theoretical games, nothing more. We'll see what the future holds.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum