Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. [SOLVED]

Post by Toxicxxlove on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 17:12

I've had The Sims 4 all downloaded and every pack and have been playing it fine for days. I just walked way from my computer for five minutes and my son started clicking away on the mouse. I come back to the sims not on anymore and when I try to click back into it I now get this error message :Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure origin client is not running.
I have no idea what he could have done to cause this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Toxicxxlove
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 18:56

Hi again,  Surprised

Is it possible that somehow your son turn ON your anti-virus/windows defender? Cool The shortcut to it would be downloading back the .dll files here and copy + paste them to you Game folder. The long workaround would if THAT doesn't work. 

Also, what happens if you run as administrator? Does it run? You can also check the task manager to see if the sims 4 is somehow lingering in the process. Else, restart your PC and see if it's able to run again.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 19:03

@Toxicxxlove wrote:(...) Run the game as administrator if it is the first time you start it. Always make sure origin client is not running.
I have no idea what he could have done to cause this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also make sure you did not accidentally log into Origin, or even open up the log-in prompt of Origin. If you did, close all instances of Origin and try the (cracked) game again.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxicxxlove on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 21:55

Task manager did the trick! It was showing it was open in two different spots and I ended those and started up the game with no problem.. Thanks so much!

Toxicxxlove
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 14:32

Glad to hear you're able to run the game now.
Cheers! Very Happy

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1962

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum