"Sims 4 unable to start due to a newer version of the Sims that cannot be loaded"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Sims 4 unable to start due to a newer version of the Sims that cannot be loaded"

Post by goofin_ on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 08:07

Hello please help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my sims 4 twice now and is still not working with the same message popping up.
I have followed the instructions I also have everything download to the newest patch, also tried redownloadinf the rll.d, that didnt work. I have tried renaming the folder from the sims4 and sims 4, also unsuccesful. And my pc doesnt have an anti-virus nor is the pre-installed anti-virus is on or working. Help I'm new here.  

goofin_
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : god of war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Sims 4 unable to start due to a newer version of the Sims that cannot be loaded"

Post by dammydeer on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 08:31

Hello, I have uninstalled twice too, mine started but my menu screen is grey, none of the expansion pack, game pack and stuff pack is showing. Please help me too. I have the original game but stopped playing and am signed off origin, I notice that my origin was updated automatically without me signed in. Could this be the reason?

dammydeer
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Sims 4 unable to start due to a newer version of the Sims that cannot be loaded"

Post by Tarac on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 11:27

goofin_ wrote:Hello please help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my sims 4 twice now and is still not working with the same message popping up.
I have followed the instructions I also have everything download to the newest patch, also tried redownloadinf the rll.d, that didnt work. I have tried renaming the folder from the sims4 and sims 4, also unsuccesful. And my pc doesnt have an anti-virus nor is the pre-installed anti-virus is on or working. Help I'm new here.  
Go to the folder Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file GameVersion.
Then start your game again as an Administrator (rightclick on the shortcut)
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarac on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 11:31

dammydeer wrote:Hello, I have uninstalled twice too, mine started but my menu screen is grey, none of the expansion pack, game pack and stuff pack is showing. Please help me too. I have the original game but stopped playing and am signed off origin, I notice that my origin was updated automatically without me signed in. Could this be the reason?
Yes, as soon as Origin "updates" your game it in fact "downgrades" your game to the legit bought games only. All pirated DLC's are made useless.
Tarac
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 98
  • Windows 95
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Card games
Male Posts : 2267

View user profile http://www.tarac.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nickey on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 12:11

Go inside of the game bin and delete the dile that says Default.in

Nickey
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nickey on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 12:12

Sorry autocorrect.....delete the file

Nickey
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 13

View user profile