Game is not responding and have to be closed... problem with folder SAVES! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game is not responding and have to be closed... problem with folder SAVES! [SOLVED]

Post by lollypoop002 on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 18:45

Hello again Smile
I'm sorry for SPAM but I have a problem again...
As I wrote on another topic here "Game is not responding" I have fixed this problem by myself and I was so proud of this  Carlos is tha man BUT....................
My solution to fix this issue was that I moved folder The Sims 4 out of folder Electronic Arts (I'm not talking about folder with GAME but with about folder with SAVES etc. in "My Documents").
The problem is that this folder which I moved out is not working but during I'm playing the game folder Electronic Arts always appearing with all saves, mods etc...... WHY???? How can I delete it forever? It's crashing my game and I know that everything is fine till folder The Sims 4 is out of Electronic Arts.... (look at the picture below).

Or maybe have I folder with SAVES in wrong place? 

I'm waiting for the solution... (again) Sad 

lollypoop002
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game is not responding and have to be closed... problem with folder SAVES! [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Sat 10 Jun 2017, 20:06

Hi there,  Surprised

Unfortunately, it seems moving the folder is not as easy as it sounds. Since I myself am not aware of how to fix this, take a look at this two external links here and here

After skimming through those, it seems that once you change the location as stated in the above links, I think all related stuffs that go under Documents will instead be transferred to the new path file. Though seeing that your Documents don't really have alot of stuffs inside, you can go ahead and give the method above a try.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1210

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game is not responding and have to be closed... problem with folder SAVES! [SOLVED]

Post by lollypoop002 on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 11:48

@Ageha, thanks for your help (again) Razz I'll try to do it. But I'm just thinking now that maybe the problem is not place of the folder but MODS. I'm trying to remove it, but during the game it's always appearing. Do you have any solution to remove it forever?

Honestly I can play like this but it makes me tired if my game is all the time crashing... I have to save my game at least x10 times in 5min because I'll loose everything what I did during this time.

What should I remove from this folder (except MODS folder)? Maybe I have too much rubbish here?

lollypoop002
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 17:09

The mods folder will auto-regenerate (same goes to most folders really) after you start the game. You can disable the mods in-game, even if you don't have any mods installed or delete the Resource.cfg (back it up somewhere in case you want to add mods later on).

I see that you have the lastCrash_####, you can take a look at the codes posted inside or zip them up and send to me via PM. I might or might not determine the EXACT cause of the crash. For some it's direct but others it really needs alot of reading into it. Lol.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 20:54

Unfortunately,

It looks like the pc/system is causing the game to crashed, so it's not the game itself.

I can't remember if I've asked you this before (and I'm sorry if I'm just repeating myself) but:

• Try running the game in windowed mode to see if it crash. If it does not, go into the game options and turn vertical sync ON.
  • Lowering your graphic settings help in some cases.
  • Run a compatibility troubleshooter for your game. Right click the exe -> Properties -> Compatibility.
  • I installed (rather move) my sims 4 folder to an external disk so moving your game folder should be fine.
  • The issue might be caused by your memory usage. You can check how much ram the sims 4 uses by opening up task manager.

PS: It's currently 02:53:39.  I tip my fedora.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lollypoop002 on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 22:17

The strangest thing is that before I installed Toddlers/Vampires and Parenthood everything was alright and I was playing without any problems. WhatDidUJustCallMe? Everything damaged after I installed this packages Sad 

I'll try to do steps which you said it to me. I hope it'll help...

Anyway thank you for your help (I'm sure you'r got tired of me hehehe) Razz

lollypoop002
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Mon 12 Jun 2017, 16:48

Hello,  Very Happy

It's no problem at all. I'm sorry since I can't be of more help honestly. Since the new updates, people have been facing a lot of problems, so you're not the only one. If all else fails, you can revert back to City Living perhaps? Or if you want toddlers, you can do the update-only fix but that will erase your DLCs though. 

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lollypoop002 on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 22:33

I just re-installed all the game one more time and I checked every expansions packs of the game where is an error and everything till City Living is ok, but after Toddels update game is crashing Sad Of course I can play without it but it's breaking my heart because I was waiting till Toddlers veeeery long time Sad 

I have no idea what to do with errors... could you tell me maybe something more about Mods or CCS? Maybe I should try to do something in this way...

lollypoop002
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Thu 15 Jun 2017, 17:50

Hi,  Smile

If I'm not wrong you have no mods installed right? You can disable the option even if there's no mods and see if it still crashes. If not, download the pack again and installed them. 

I'm not sure if I ask this already or forgot to ask them even. (lol)

• Are your drivers up to date?
  • Try to run DirectX Diagnostic Tool - Windows key + R / Search -> run and type dxdiag. 
  • Also, you can take a look at the thread here for alternate solutions.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lollypoop002 on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 20:20

@Ageha
Hello again,
I think that I solved problem with game Wink 
I just found that I didn't run my game as Administrator. Now I'm doing this always + I changed game settings for lower + I'm playing in windowed mode.
From time to time my game is crashing but It's not like before... Now I can play! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  
I think you can close this topic.
Thank you for all your tips!
BR Wink

lollypoop002
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 20:14

Ah! I'm glad you've found a solution or rather a workaround. Sorry if I couldn't be more help. LOL. 

Feel free to open a new topic if you have any other problems. Cheers! Very Happy

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum