TS4 won't run despite presence of rld.dll in Bin folder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS4 won't run despite presence of rld.dll in Bin folder

Post by captbanana on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 03:49

Hi!

To start off, I have already played the latest update of TS4 a week or two ago without any problems. I made sure to include all related folders in my Avira's exceptions list so it won't pick up RldOrigin_ext.dll anymore. And I was successful. Until now.

I was going to play when my Avira notified me it picked up the file again, but please note that this is not the one from TS4's Bin file. It's from the Downloads file. I already copied it for installation. It's usually not an issue whenever Avira does this, but this time it's different. For some reason, I can't play TS4 again. I get the pop up that it can't run because Origin is not running. I check TS4's Game > Bin folders to be sure and the RldOrigin_ext.dll is still there. 

I'm thinking of whether I should delete the Downloads folder of the update altogether because maybe it's messing up with my Anti-virus, but then again that folder is also in my Avira's exceptions list. 

Has anyone experienced the same situation? Got any tips? Thanks!
captbanana
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, StarCraft, Pokemon
Female Posts : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TS4 won't run despite presence of rld.dll in Bin folder

Post by Ageha on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 17:40

Hi there,

I'm not sure if it makes any difference since I have the anti-virus and windows defender turn off, but according to Adwomin below are the folders yoy need exclude and also mention something about the downloads. You can try to remove it or alternatively remove from downloads altogether. 
C:\Program Files (x86)\ 
C:\Program Files\
C:\Users\(your username)\Downloads\ (Important: If you add this location to the exclusions, make sure that you REMOVE it from the exceptions list after installing the game!)
Also, you can try re-pasting the .dll files from here just to be double sure of it. 

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1758

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TS4 won't run despite presence of rld.dll in Bin folder

Post by Loonieloose on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 20:24

It also helps if you exclude the specific .rar file. I turn off the Antivirus and firewall before downloading a torrent from G4TW as I know they are safe. I exclude my downloads folder. I exclude the torrent download folder. I do not take chances to get any Origin is not running error. These are mostly because one forgets to exclude something. I learned the hard way. Forgot to add torrent file download folder to exclusions and did not turn off Antivirus. Did a complete re-install to get it to work again.

Loonieloose
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 448

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top