Accidentally used the Ultimate Fix, and lost all my packs.. what now? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Accidentally used the Ultimate Fix, and lost all my packs.. what now? [SOLVED]

Post by tgogel on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 16:10

Title says it all.

Basically I wanted to switch from the ZClient version to the G4TW version.. so I followed what I saw on another topic and just deleted ZLOrigin, ZClient, Origin Games folders.. all of them. Then I updated the pirated game with the Toddler patch, went into my usual Sims 4 folder and there was no TS4.exe. I read on another topic that applying the Ultimate Fix helps with that, so I did. I didn't realise that it resets the game to the base game...

So what now? Do I just have to download everything again?

tgogel
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Accidentally used the Ultimate Fix, and lost all my packs.. what now? [SOLVED]

Post by Ageha on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 17:50

Hello,

Unfortunately you need to re-install the packs again since the latest update-only fix deletes the DLCs installed. 

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1455

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Accidentally used the Ultimate Fix, and lost all my packs.. what now? [SOLVED]

Post by Loonieloose on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 20:28

And please use the patch found here

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t30367-the-sims-4-patch-level-1-30-105-1010-out-now#

this is the last thing to install. Remember to turn off the antivirus and firewall before installing.

Loonieloose
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 422

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 20:54

tgogel wrote:Title says it all.

Basically I wanted to switch from the ZClient version to the G4TW version.. so I followed what I saw on another topic and just deleted ZLOrigin, ZClient, Origin Games folders.. all of them. Then I updated the pirated game with the Toddler patch, went into my usual Sims 4 folder and there was no TS4.exe. I read on another topic that applying the Ultimate Fix helps with that, so I did. I didn't realise that it resets the game to the base game...

Something I have been theorizing only very recently (but didn't really get the opportunity to test it, due to being 'otherwise engaged' in real-life at the moment). If you accidentally applied the Update-Only Ultimate fix, try applying just the files here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t23706-latest-available-no-origin-files-for-the-sims-4-version-1-30-105-1010

See if they make your DLC show up again.

If I'm not mistaken, the DLC disappear because of the modified RldOrigin.ini file used in the Update-Only Ultimate fix. Applying the 'original' RldOrigin.ini might fix the issue already, without having to re-apply all the DLCs.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14282

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tgogel on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 10:13

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
tgogel wrote:Title says it all.

Something I have been theorizing only very recently (but didn't really get the opportunity to test it, due to being 'otherwise engaged' in real-life at the moment). If you accidentally applied the Update-Only Ultimate fix, try applying just the files here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t23706-latest-available-no-origin-files-for-the-sims-4-version-1-30-105-1010

See if they make your DLC show up again.

If I'm not mistaken, the DLC disappear because of the modified RldOrigin.ini file used in the Update-Only Ultimate fix. Applying the 'original' RldOrigin.ini might fix the issue already, without having to re-apply all the DLCs.
Ahh thank you, this worked perfectly!! It wouldn't respond the first time I started the game, but after I closed it and opened it a second time, it worked. It said it was "downloading some uninstalled packs" but I just continued playing and everything was the same as before. I'm going to download Parenthood now, thank you so much!

tgogel
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : sims

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Tue 13 Jun 2017, 10:31

We're happy to help!
Don't hesitate to post again if you have any questions.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)