Newer help with the sims 4 and wineskin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newer help with the sims 4 and wineskin

Post by purplepanda23 on Fri 16 Jun 2017, 18:50

I'm having several different issues with getting The Sims 4 to run with Wineskin. 

The first time I installed TS4 using wineskin I managed to get all the recent(parenthood being the most recent) expansions and stuff packs to work. When I made it out of CAS to pick a place for my sim to move into once I selected the place it would not load the household as normal but stay on the same screen. So i saved the game not knowing I shouldn't have and exited the game. When I opened it again and chose a household to play it would just jump me back onto the main world screen where you can choose a world to go to. 

So I deleted the game completely and the the wrapper to make a new one but with the same engine. I did a delete and reinstall about 3-4 times with getting the same results of being jumped back to the world screen when trying to load a household or it just wouldn't run at all and the icon only bounced in the dock for a few seconds before disappearing. Keep in mind that every time after I re-installed it I took heed and didn't save the game so the jumping glitch wouldn't travel to other saves but that seems like it didn't work. 

I gave up for a few days after being frustrated with it and started trying to get the game to work again yesterday. I managed to get the base game installed and it worked fine, then I went on to get to work. The first time I installed get to work the game didn't recognize the game pack so i started all over again with deleting the wrapper, clean install with same engine, etc. 

The second time I managed to get the game to recognize get to work so I moved onto get together. I copied all the files as i should but when i went to open the game to see if it worked i got the 'origin is not running. origin must be running to play this game' error which is an error I never got before when I was at least able to run the game and all extra content.    

I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong as far as why I was able to go from a somewhat working game to a completely non working game but some help would be appreciated. I've been through all the links that seemed like they would help on here but considering all those threads were made in 2015 and back, those have not been that helpful really.

Link from this forum I've already looked at:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t24117-all-mac-os-support-is-suspended-until-further-notice-please-read

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t21185-the-sims-4-origin-not-running-issue-with-latest-fix-in-wine-wrapper

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t20524-a-guide-on-how-to-install-the-sims-4-addons-dlc-on-mac-using-wine

purplepanda23
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims Series

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Newer help with the sims 4 and wineskin

Post by Needmorehelp on Fri 25 Aug 2017, 06:47

hello everyone,

firstt, sorry for my bad english, i hope u all can understand what i mean, i'm not a native speak.

FYI, i'm using
macOS Sierra
version 10.12.6
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

and i already install WINESKIN WRAPPER & download all The Sims 4 file include Ultimate fix, and i already follow all instruction from G4TW, but i still have an error and i can't play The Sims 4.

i have windows parallel, but i don't want play in there, i'm so hopefully to play The Sims 4 on my mac not using window parallel.

so my problems is (take a look at picture i sent) everytime i launch The Sims 4 using my wrapper this always pop up

please help, i'm so desprated to play The Sims 4 on my mac

thanks

Give, and it will be given to you; a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, they will give into your bosom. For with what measure you measure, it shall be measured to you in return.
- Luke 6:38-
Needmorehelp
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favourite games : The Sims 4
Female Posts : 40

View user profile http://www.instagram.com/filiaf.35

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum