Help with Origin Error.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with Origin Error.

Post by Zaerd on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 21:02

I've done everything known to man regarding installing all DLC's, I've re-installed the game multiple times but in the end of the day I keep getting this error.

The weird part is that the game launches and everything works, but the next time I start it, the error comes. Sometimes it's fixed by moving The Sims 4 folder somewhere else, but again, the next launch the error occurs again.

I've done exactly everything stated in the # Installation Guide.txt for every DLC, however, the info for Parenthood is quite confusing. 

Code:
NOTE 1: In order to use this download you will need to have a cracked base game of The Sims 4 installed already, plus the following
Games4theworld releases:

- The Sims 4: Get to Work
- The Sims 4: Get together
- The Sims 4: City Living
- The Sims 4: Toddlers, Vampires & Bowling Stuff
Code:
"NOTE 2: If you want the complete DLC pack for The Sims 4 anyhow, DO NOT USE THIS DOWNLOAD!"

Which download should I be using then? I can't find any other Parenthood available anywhere. Or maybe I'm not reading it correctly.

Also, everytime I've re-installed the game I've been removing junkfiles from $temp and in the Windows registry, making sure there's nothing left to interfere. Also, I don't have Origin anywhere on this computer.

Please help me with whatever info you can. No shit, Sherlock.

Zaerd
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help with Origin Error.

Post by Loonieloose on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 21:08

Loonieloose
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 4
Female Posts : 498

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaerd on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 21:34

Thanks for the response!

Yes, all downloads comes from games4theworld, even the 1.30 patch. So that's the one's I've been using. 

What does the "Note 2" mean then? I don't understand that line tbh. Very Happy

Upon installation of the base game and DLC's Ive added my download location (which is D:\Download) as well as C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86) as exception in both my AV (Eset) and for Windows Defender. Just to be sure, I cut off the Internet and disabled both AV programs during installation. Now, after my I dunno, 5th fresh install of the game it won't start at all. My guess is that it's either Parenthood or the 1.30 patch that's causing it.

Ideas?

Zaerd
Beginner
Beginner

Favourite games : The Sims 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ageha on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 21:23

@Zaerd wrote:Thanks for the response!

Yes, all downloads comes from games4theworld, even the 1.30 patch. So that's the one's I've been using. 

What does the "Note 2" mean then? I don't understand that line tbh. Very Happy

Upon installation of the base game and DLC's Ive added my download location (which is D:\Download) as well as C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86) as exception in both my AV (Eset) and for Windows Defender. Just to be sure, I cut off the Internet and disabled both AV programs during installation. Now, after my I dunno, 5th fresh install of the game it won't start at all. My guess is that it's either Parenthood or the 1.30 patch that's causing it.

Ideas?
Hi,

Have you try starting the game as administrator? Also, make sure the shortcut if you have any on the desktop, points to the correct path file.

For note 2: It's for those who do NOT have the DLCs before downloading the Parenthood. So you can just ignore that bit.

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst, BioShock Series, Jade Empire
Female Posts : 1927

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum