Getting a new computer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting a new computer

Post by extrinsicboi on Wed 21 Jun 2017, 17:31

So I'm getting a new computer in a few days, and I want to make sure I understand how to transfer all of my sims stuff correctly so I don't lose anything (esp my legacy family). Every tutorial I find says you need Origin, so I thought it would be better to ask here and make sure I do it correctly for the RLD version of the game. I'm not sure if the method of installing the game and EPs etc onto the new computer then transferring my save files from my current one via flash drive is going to work 100% properly or what. Help is much appreciated.

extrinsicboi
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Getting a new computer

Post by Ageha on Thu 22 Jun 2017, 21:34

@extrinsicboi wrote:So I'm getting a new computer in a few days, and I want to make sure I understand how to transfer all of my sims stuff correctly so I don't lose anything (esp my legacy family). Every tutorial I find says you need Origin, so I thought it would be better to ask here and make sure I do it correctly for the RLD version of the game. I'm not sure if the method of installing the game and EPs etc onto the new computer then transferring my save files from my current one via flash drive is going to work 100% properly or what. Help is much appreciated.
Hi there,

Our version doesn't require origin to run and I'm sure that applies to the RELOADED version as well. If you have safely back up your saves folder, or easier still to just back up the entire Sims 4 folder, you can safely recover back your saves files after installing the game in your new pc. 

Is the reloaded version like ours? I'm sorry since I didn't really download from other sites. But if it is, you can install the game back per normal since you have the downloaded files stored somewhere else. Make sure it's not corrupted, or that your new anti-virus and windows defender 'accidentally' deletes it. Like always, exclude the folders in both application, OR if you're comfortable, turn them off. 

If I somehow misread your question, I do apologize. But feel free to ask anything else in this thread. Very Happy

Ageha
Quartermaster Rookie
The Sims 4 Mod
Quartermaster Rookie The Sims 4 Mod

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Assassin's Creed Series, Mass Effect + Dragon Age Series, The Sims Series, Saints Row: The Third/IV, Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
Female Posts : 1210

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum